PDA

View Full Version : How to write a helpful petition.

Amelinda
12-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Greetings folks. I figured i'd make a post and maybe Rogean will sticky it but I wanted to give you guys a good idea of do's and don'ts for petitioning in game.

Important details about petitions:
Do not petition repeatedly unless your issue is urgent or you are petitioning with several hours in between petitions because:

Your petition does not expire upon log out or camping. it will be there until we delete it.
We can only read one of your petitions from your character so that petition might say 'help!'

Do not petition bugs in game unless it is something causing a need for immediate character assistance.

Trakanon is bugged and eating everyone in sebilis? summoning people from zone in and crypt with reckless abandon? yes. petition!!!
You think that Tnollish Noops walking into the wall in west freeport should be fixed? I will feed you to Nilbog - don't do it.

Petitions that are unhelpful

Bard training all over crushbone.
Who is it? petition the players -name-

target is kill stealing me!!
who is it? don't use %t in petitions. this is how i see it real time. or it might say 'Amelinda' if i have myself targeted....

WTF is this shit? HOW IS IT FAIR that a blue drybone skeleton just killed me? this is some bullshit man! rez plz.
blue mob killed you while soloing. look for a cleric :P

I just died and can't find my corpse halp!
you need to find a bard/necro/sk and ask for help first. it isn't my job to help you find a corpse that is not lost in terrain. even if it is lost in terrain or unreachable due to being in trak's lair.....unless you died to a bug - shell out some plat for a coffin. it's not a bug that you are always able to kill x mob and couldn't this time..... ***NOTE*** if you definitely cannot find your corpse please do petition. it may be stuck in scenery or under the world. i am happy to move it for you :)

Are there any GM's on?
dont' clog up petitions with useless petitions like this. if i wanted you to know that i'm on i'd be unanon. if you have an actual need then petition THAT.

Can i get some help?
again. i need to know what you need so i can prioritize or fix it in advance..

Can i form a guild?
it is far better to petition 'would like to form a guilld called 'Angry Dolls' I will be leader.' i can take care of that for you while you are offline.

Quest mob A isn't working properly / Storm Dogsled is missing in Halas
Things that are wrong with the game in your estimation - missing npc's, broken quests etc. need to be posted about in the appropriate bug forums.

Helpful Petitions

Null and Sirken are boxing. they never move at the same time.
This tells me definitively which two toon's to look for being played together.

Amelinda is training us in crushbone. we asked her to stop but she just keeps coming back over and over.
I recommend not telling Amelinda you petitioned her. don't taunt her in shout but if you tell her she was petitioned and i am watching she isn't going to train you anymore :P

I have been out of town for a few months and just signed in. my corpse rotted. can you help me?
every time you log in after you petition this type /corpse it may say 'summoning corpse' and you will probably be in ecommons or in the safe spot of the zone where you logged.

Spiroc Vanquisher under the world in sky. summoning us off the island into freeport!!
self explanatory and if i'm online and see this i'll come as soon as i can.

i am camping the squire in guk and Nilbog just showed up here saying it's his camp but i have been here for 30 minutes. i tried getting him to go read the camps, defined post and tried offering to group with him but he just laughed at me and keeps ksing me.
Pretty clear cut. tells me who and what.

I hope that this helps you guys a little bit to get the help you need faster since it should shorten the amount of time it takes us to help each one of you. :)

Ele
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM
help your guides out, so they can help you out

Flunklesnarkin
12-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Nice post

Nyze
12-03-2011, 03:02 PM
*Likes this post*

Savok
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Amelinda needs sticky post rights.

Xanthias
12-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Also don't use %t when describing something, it doesn't apply with petitions :)

Hasbinbad
12-03-2011, 05:38 PM
When first I log in again, I am going to forthwith petition about all the mean things Amelinda does to me. In separate petitions. Using %T.

Hasbinbad
12-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Also, wut do if I need an IP exemption? Petition repeatedly in game?

YendorLootmonkey
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I just died due to a bug.
Amelinda teleports over and sees a ranger corpse next to a fire beetle. This is working as intended.

burkemi5
12-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Amelinda teleports over and sees a ranger corpse next to a fire beetle. This is working as intended.

http://i.imgur.com/6cEw2.jpg

Tiggles
12-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Very good post

Hasbinbad
12-04-2011, 01:14 AM
A+, would read again.