PDA

View Full Version : Macroquest

dannym3141
04-12-2010, 11:12 AM
So i was gonna play a bit on another server, and i'm sure i remember reading somewhere that macroquest wasn't allowed on p99.

That's obviously fair enough. But i also read that "i use it for another server" isn't a valid excuse.

I was wondering if some server official could let me know exactly what the deal is - if i have it at all on my computer, that's bannable?

If this is the case - what are the options? Install and uninstall every time i play on another server where it's ok to use that - which i assume is a huge ballache? Use a separate EQ directory (or does this even matter? I haven't yet installed it)

Basically - am i being forced to choose between p99 and <other server where i need mq2>?

I have searched the forums for the string macroquest and found no info about it regarding the server rules. Sorry if the question has been answered, but i couldn't find such an answer.

Additional:
I forgot the option "if i have it running whilst connected to p99, that's bannable" - which would be a great solution.

calaxa
04-12-2010, 11:15 AM
So i was gonna play a bit on another server, and i'm sure i remember reading somewhere that macroquest wasn't allowed on p99.

That's obviously fair enough. But i also read that "i use it for another server" isn't a valid excuse.

I was wondering if some server official could let me know exactly what the deal is - if i have it at all on my computer, that's bannable?

If this is the case - what are the options? Install and uninstall every time i play on another server where it's ok to use that - which i assume is a huge ballache? Use a separate EQ directory (or does this even matter? I haven't yet installed it)

Basically - am i being forced to choose between p99 and <other server where i need mq2>?

I have searched the forums for the string macroquest and found no info about it regarding the server rules. Sorry if the question has been answered, but i couldn't find such an answer.

You do not have to load MQ2 if it is installed.

Grento
04-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Does it modify game files or is it just something you run before you play? If it is something you run every time before you play, then it shouldn't have any effect unless it modified some files.

Not 100% certain about that though.

Bentheb
04-12-2010, 11:24 AM
the way i understand it, is it runs in the background but 'injects' its self into EQ?

if this is right, then just dont run MQ2 when you are on p99, devs can't tell you what software you can have installed, but they can tell you dont use it when you play here.

be like saying we dont like microsoft so if you have office on your comp we will ban you.

Jeebus
04-12-2010, 12:06 PM
if they detect it and ban you. I won't cry, even if you weren't using it.

mitic
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
its a standalone program that can be used actively or passively

all in all i wouldnt use it since i heard you need to be some sorf of computernerd to take the maximum use of it besides the risk of a ban on p99

Rogean
04-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Having it loaded will automatically inject itself into any EQ Client it finds that its compatible with. If it injects, we will detect it, and theres no excuse; I'll inject your face with a ban.

Finawin
04-12-2010, 02:35 PM
I can't believe this is even being asked lol

jilena
04-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Then they come out with whip!

Jaytee
04-12-2010, 02:56 PM
I would think if you just don't load it up while you're on p99 you would be fine. Just don't "forget" to exit the program.

Uaellaen
04-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Just don't "forget" to exit the program.

before you start EQ, since it will inject it self into EQ and is probably even traceable when deactivated after it injected it self ...

Nedala
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
or btter just dont use lame-ass programs ;)

dannym3141
04-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't understand all the nerdraging here. I clearly said that it's approved on other servers and is used to box multiple characters. I'm clearly trying to make sure i don't break any rules on p99. Why would i get assaulted for trying to make sure i don't break the rules?

Rogean, can i trouble you for another reply in which you give me a clearer answer please? I understand that using mq2 on p99 is banned and i agree with that, i wouldn't use it. I'm asking if (and then how) i can use it on a server where it isn't banned without it affecting me on p99. You say "having it loaded" will inject itself - so as long as i do not open it any time i play on p99, that's fine? Or are you saying it injects itself like a virus and if i run it even once, it will forever infect my installation of eq? And if so, does that mean i need separate installs?

Bear in mind that i'm TRYING to make sure i don't break any rules and keep p99 legit and secure, why wouldn't you want to help me do that? /boggle.

Edit:
Sorry to sound ungrateful to all the good replies - thanks for those. Rest assured i am a computer nerd, i have no intention of using it for evil, i would never "forget" or forget to close it, it's not an evil evil program - it can just be used to cheat on project 99. And i'm trying to avoid that. Just because paedophiles can use computers to look at paedophilic material doesn't mean that computers are evil, boys.

Rogean - i'm trying not to break the rules, please help

Crone
04-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes, but akin to your analogy..

This is like a pedophile getting close to a little kid and then not knowing what to do...

You know just enough to know how to use MQ, but clearly you don't know a damn thing about how it works or what it does to your EQ client/computer. This is why you are getting flamed, and personally I agree with them. If you have no idea how the program works, or what it does, why are you using it?

Ferok
04-12-2010, 05:34 PM
I'll inject your face

Hello, new signature!

Loke
04-12-2010, 05:54 PM
If you have no idea how the program works, or what it does, why are you using it?

You use things everyday that you don't know how they work. This is a ridiculous statement. There is a difference between knowing how to work something and knowing how something works...

I used macroquest a few times on live towards the end when I really just didn't care (mostly mayong server, since let's be honestly, that server was a joke)... I have no idea how the program works, and honestly probably only know how to use it to 1/10th of it's capacity.. but that doesn't mean it didn't make my life way easier and enable me to do things that I wouldn't have been able to do as efficiently without it.

As far as all the people hating on this guy, simmer down. The guy should be commended for going through the trouble of educating himself so as to follow the rules of P99. I bet 1/2 of the people on P99 have either used, or knowingly benefited from someone using MQ... hell there are people in this thread that fit that bill. Personally, I've got no problem with MQ as long as it's not being used on P99, and props to you Danny for taking the effort to make sure you're following the rules.

My advice would be to just ensure MQ isn't running prior to launching EQ. I'm pretty sure MQ would need to be actively running for it to be detected; although you might wanna wait for Rogean to reply as he'd surely have the definitive answer.

dannym3141
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm trying to avoid getting dragged into flaming because this will just end up in rants and flames and i am asking a genuine question to make sure i don't break the rules.

I'd just like to say that you don't know how ANYTHING works until you use it. In fact, that's even what EQ emulation was born from! They didn't know exactly how to do it, but they got their hands dirty, and lo and behold years later we have this excellent (sometimes) community with an almost clone copy of the original classic live everquest! Fantastic!

I'm only glad that the scientific and engineering geniuses of the past didn't heed your theory that if you don't know how something works you shouldn't use it or even try. I don't know how the universe works, but i'm going to go and study it next year. I'll reconsider that now, thanks to your advice.

Thank you very much for the last reply. These people are either desperately trolling or several bricks short of a house.

All that's needed now is an answer from rogean or another suitable character to let me know how i can securely enjoy ALL aspects of eqemu.org's server collective without breaking any rules. I have heard that as long as i DO NOT have mq2 running when i open my titanium client and connect to p99, and DO NOT open mq whilst that client and connection is open, i will not be breaking any rules and will not be banned.

Correct?

Bones
04-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Once you go p1999 you don't go back. So the question is irrelevant... delete MQ completely and do a fresh install, profit.

Uaellaen
04-12-2010, 11:01 PM
You say "having it loaded" will inject itself - so as long as i do not open it any time i play on p99, that's fine?

yes, just make sure that you do not open it at all. If you had it open while playing on another server, you will have to close and restart your EQ completly, so the injection is also gone.

Or are you saying it injects itself like a virus and if i run it even once, it will forever infect my installation of eq? And if so, does that mean i need separate installs?

No. Ok. When you open a program, most of it will be loaded into your RAM. What Macroquest does is, rewrite part of the program in the RAM (in this case EQ). So once you used it on Everquest while its open, the client is altered, and to revert it back to its original state, you will have to close EQ completly (so its gone from your RAM) and restart it (it will be loaded up to you RAM with the original files again) without having macroquest up to make sure it doesnt inject it self to EQ.

Now i hope that wasnt too complicated ;). Im not a fan of software like this, but i guess since its allowed on some EMU servers to fool arround with it, i figured i'll help ya.

The human is the most curious animal i know! We gotta try it all :p

Hasbinbad
04-13-2010, 01:21 AM
You use things everyday that you don't know how they work. This is a ridiculous statement. There is a difference between knowing how to work something and knowing how something works..
True the fuck out of that!! You (hopefully) use soap every day, but do any of you know the first thing about bubble science? It's a hugely complex discipline, which requires a solid understanding of physics, chemistry, and mathematics to even begin to comprehend the basics.

One of my favorite sayings, from some comedian (paraphrased):

I'll drop you off alone in the jungle with a knife, and see how long it takes you to send me an email.

atvaata
04-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Having it loaded will automatically inject itself into any EQ Client it finds that its compatible with. If it injects, we will detect it, and theres no excuse; I'll inject your face with a ban.

inject me with your manlyness.

atvaata
04-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Dan, the first thing you need to be doing it a /who all gm and then injecting Mq2 into your client and warping all over zones provided no gm's show

/sarcasm..

But yes you are correct. Mq2 will not net you a ban so long as its process is not running in your task manager when you log onto 1999~

So Macro away on PEQ, just dont forget to /unload it when its 99 time~

dannym3141
04-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks very much. Was kinda hoping a server admin would confirm all that for the "official" word, maybe i'll post it as a petition. He's probably not looking here after reading it once.

to0p
04-13-2010, 09:23 AM

lol

http://www.jakeades.com/vehicle/owned.jpg

Rogean
04-13-2010, 10:57 AM
/unload doesn't prevent it from injecting into new clients when they are opened; you would need to exit it from the taskbar.

Murferoo
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
This is a really funny thread.

inject your face..
inject me with your manliness..
bondage pics...

oh...and soap bubble physics...lmao!!!

Keep it going...ahaha, good shit.

atvaata
04-13-2010, 03:00 PM
/unload doesn't prevent it from injecting into new clients when they are opened; you would need to exit it from the taskbar.

damnit rogean you spoiled my victory.

Edgetiq
08-15-2010, 05:44 AM

Then why haven't you banned a tonne of people already? I have heard of one ban for MQ usage and the guy got banned at 50... did you really detect it that late or just wait until he was 50 just to be well how to say it a bit of a douche?

As far as I'm aware he used it from 1 - 50 too.

Taluvill
08-15-2010, 05:59 AM
The one dude i know of was banned because he warped. Thats detectable. The problem is MQ is undetectable when ran in the backround with the instruments p99 has = /

Edgetiq
08-15-2010, 06:10 AM
The one dude i know of was banned because he warped. Thats detectable. The problem is MQ is undetectable when ran in the backround with the instruments p99 has = /

Well when mobs warp it flares up. But this guy claims he never warped and other have claimed to warp and get by fine without a ban.

So I can understand Rogean's stance on MQ2 but he is saying every client is detectable I am just wondering why so little have been banned!

Itchybottom
08-15-2010, 06:11 AM
What sucks about MacroQuest2, despite what Rogean has claimed, is that it isn't really detectable. There are certain behaviors on clients that make MacroQuest2 stand out (depending on what plug-ins are being utilized, actions per minute, all of that jazz), but there isn't some magical process monitoring going on here. Nor does an established connection, or a connection being made from the EverQuest client differ from a regular client for the most part. The exception however is when you start detouring memory addresses, such as run speed and have that locked during a zone event. That's not MacroQuest2 specific though, that can be done with any cheat toolset.

Hackers log entires will be target distance, client initiated zone requests, large movement requests, and sending OP_SpawnAppearance packets. It's pure gut instinct banning someone on an EQEMU server otherwise.

With that said, I really wish I never released my ProjectEQ build and have often times contemplated adding disable checks for various servers. However, more communities have sprung up that provide source code and compiles for EQEMU specifically, and they would in turn just use someone else's compile.

I'm open to ideas on how to prevent MacroQuest2 on EQEMU. I've already stated in another thread what MQ2 can and can't handle buffer wise, that the client is oblivious to. I've been wanting MQ2 gone since late 2007 after people on ProjectEQ started running 24+ characters and causing zone crashes. Third-party injection tools are really the first line of defense against this, but users like me have trust issues without source code available to such a beast, or at least enough time to set break points in a debugger and trace the stack to figure out what the hell said third-party application is doing on my PC. Maybe a binary diff and patch for eqgame.exe could be released, that changes some of the memory regions and behavior in client? That'd knock out nearly 99% of the people that use MacroQuest2, because their offsets would no longer function. That amount of code caves though... Good lord.

And to clarify, I don't mean just changing offsets, I mean changing the way certain aspects of the client function, and changing it server side to reflect the population value of data.

XeldiablosX
08-15-2010, 09:57 AM

LOL now thats funny =p

Aisi
08-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Well when mobs warp it flares up. But this guy claims he never warped and other have claimed to warp and get by fine without a ban.

So I can understand Rogean's stance on MQ2 but he is saying every client is detectable I am just wondering why so little have been banned!

It's an easy way to scare people off from using MQ2. Why don't you just leave him alone and stop questioning it.

Edgetiq
08-15-2010, 11:48 AM
It's an easy way to scare people off from using MQ2. Why don't you just leave him alone and stop questioning it.

Why don't you save your next post for something interesting. I am asking a question don't tell me what I can and can't post.

Aisi
08-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Why don't you save your next post for something interesting. I am asking a question don't tell me what I can and can't post.

Woah tough guy. Calm down. Relax.

MQ2 can't be detected just because it's injected into EQ. People have disputed what Rogaen has said since the first page and you'd think seeing no one banned on P1999 due to MQ2 usage would be enough proof for you.

Edgetiq
08-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Woah tough guy. Calm down. Relax.

MQ2 can't be detected just because it's injected into EQ. People have disputed what Rogaen has said since the first page and you'd think seeing no one banned on P1999 due to MQ2 usage would be enough proof for you.

Wind your neck in.

You wouldn't see any bans on the forums obviously...

JackFlash
08-15-2010, 12:40 PM
I am just wondering why so little have been banned!

How would you know captain obvious?

You wouldn't see any bans on the forums obviously

Obviously......

P.S. - Anything that changes the source code of the titanum client is a copyright no no from what I understand.

Wrot
08-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Can't figure if there is more ass kissing or hand jobs going around in this thread.

oldhead
08-15-2010, 08:19 PM

Perhaps not as many people are using it as you think.

I have been accused of using it a few times by other players.
I have never used it in my life, ever, on any game. I only know what it is by reading threads like this one.

My point is... just because you "think" someone is using it doesnt mean they do.

Aisi
08-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Wind your neck in.

You wouldn't see any bans on the forums obviously...

Because I talk to people who use it constantly, level 50s in raiding guilds. It's very rampant on here and if you don't think so try camping a contested mob like Bilge or watch someone do Quillmane. I don't care enough to snitch on every one (and the confirm cases are friends who use it), but you've proven you're ignorant enough that I had to spell it out for you.

There are servers that try to combat MQ (SoD, PEQ, VZTZ) but this isn't one of them. No offense to him (and I'm not judging) but one of the developers on here is a big user and was caught on one of the listed servers. Don't hold your breath waiting for action against it.

kuahara
08-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Itchybottom's response was like a breath of fresh air in this mess. I always roll my eyes when people talk like MQ2 is somehow broadcasting it's presence in clear and obvious ways.

The only thing I feel inclined to point out it that the adjustment of offsets is probably not the answer. You can find the new offsets in a matter of minutes, make the change in MQ2 and recompile... problem solved. did it a million times my last year or two on live. Note that I never once touched a hack or exploit during the 7 years I partook in raiding and other forms of guild progression. I don't condone any form of cheating in competitive arenas.

To the OP: I'd say that it's almost not worth toying around with it at all on other servers or just to play here exclusively because you will invariably leave MQ2 running one day. It will be unintentional, but it won't matter. All it will take is that one time... I'm not saying you'd be caught right away, but that'd suck if you were suddenly banned at lvl 50 mid raid because of something you may not have realized you were doing.

That said, if it was me, I'd just write a script that terminates any running instances of MQ2 first, then runs eqgame.exe. Make your EQ shortcut call the script instead and you should be set for life.

good luck

Noleafclover
08-16-2010, 01:19 AM
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

toyodafenninro
08-16-2010, 02:19 PM
This is somewhat silly. A long winded response:

I started playing EQ in 1999 and continued to 2002, completely MQ free. Through these years, even as a simple player, I began to notice very patternistic events occuring on my server among certain players (especially those in high end guilds) regarding amazingly lucky trackers finding rare spawns and raid spawns. I'd occasionally take notice of an empty sebilis zone, late at night, and while I farmed gems at 3-way a necro or monk somehow suddenly claiming crypt was camped. Maybe they camped out there, behind the locked door...
When I joined a raid guild the secret was revealed to me in a voice chat session and it all clicked. I mitigated the cognative dissonance of MQ2 usage by chalking it up to keeping up with the jones's.

On live, from 2003-2004, I used MQ2 in a fairly tame manner. No heavy plugins, etc. Advanced tracking, targeting, runspeed adjustments capped at SoW speed, etc. I did my own builds, modified my own offsets, and flew under the radar completely undetected.

In 2005 I didnt play Everquest.

From 2006 2009, becoming bored with EQ and the mudflation rampantly destroying what I felt Everquest was, I started using the heavy plugins and more extensive capabilities of the program because really, I had less and less to lose. This was where I took full advantage of warping, got reckless setting my runspeed to bardspeed (I was a wizard at the time), did several AFK plvling sessions with fully automated groups, Utilized instancing to farm loot....the list goes on and on and on.

I tell this story not to condone cheating or condemn cheating in an conceptual sense. I simply will say that using MQ2 burned up my remaining interest with EQ faster than it normally would have...but there was some truth to claiming I "needed it". By 2007, if you were playing EQ on Fennin Ro or Combine and DIDNT know about/use/benefit from someone who used MQ2, you were the complete minority.

I do not want MQ2 usage to be widespread on p1999. Id so much rather have a fair server. I say this with complete and total confidence.

Let me bring this around to relevancy to the OP. Understand the following facts about MQ2:

Having MQ2 on your computer, or using it on another EQ emu server or on Live, isnt gonna get you banned. The devs are not, to my knowledge, scanning anyone C:\ drive.

Simply running MQ2 on ANY everquest server, including EQemu, is not detectable in and of itself. Anyone who tells you different either does not understand how MQ2 works or is attempting to scare you. If it was simple to find everyone using MQ2 in a tame way, it never would have taken hold like it did. Almost ALL bans on Live, resulting from Mq2 usage, come from players reporting players and subsequent targeted investigation by GM's - NOT from some sort of "scan" GM's could do to seek out those running MQ2.

This said, pretty much any use of Mq2, beyond staring at the map is pretty easily detectable by simple observation AND server side investigation.

Example: A puller in a group running sow speed or faster for more than 27 minutes after their initial joining, with no one in the group to refresh sow and no using potions.
Example: The quillimane farmers. Enough said.
Example: A person entering a zone and somehow mysteriously ending up camping a mob behind a locked door somewhere in that zone, with no rogues present.
Example: A person on p1999 linking an item not available on the server yet, or being able to instantly link almost any item mentioned in group chat.

Runspeed modifications and warping are both highly highly detectable if Dev's want to look into it. I trust the devs here on p1999 are truly policing this to their fullest inject-inyoface power.

An important observation:

The vast majority of users to not code or want to know how to code. They get their builds from stupid friends who code or one of the many available sites that distribute them for nominal yearly fees. Changing offsets DOES curb MQ2 usage by limiting its use to those who ORIGINALLY used it: quietly and under the radar to remove some of EQ's annoyances. My evidence for this claim comes from the massive spike in forum usage on the cheat sites when sony patches eqgame and everyone is fiending for their fix. The coders are already back in game, using their self generated build. This is not a perfect fix, but it greatly curbs the usage and should be implimented on a regular basis, the more often the better.

guineapig
08-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Hello, new signature!

You beat me to it!.

azeth
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Can someone post an SS of what macroquest shows you btw? I've never really looked into/seen what benefit/cheat it provides the user.

edit: i believe im thinking of ShowEQ(?) that shows you loot tables and mob health etc. Macroquest is the /command program right?

oldhead
08-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Perhaps not as many people are using it as you think.

I have been accused of using it a few times by other players.
I have never used it in my life, ever, on any game. I only know what it is by reading threads like this one.

My point is... just because you "think" someone is using it doesnt mean they do.

Its funny.. I posted this then started camping an outdoor rare spawn that is very similar to quillmain being thats its a rare spawn with a valued rare drop.

had him pop twice... no reactions. had him pop a third time and was on him quickly. By the time I got him down to 25% I had people running strait for him (non tracking classes). When he died he had dropped the high value item. There were suddenly 7 new people on track that ran over to the area where I killed him.

Coincidence? Dunno... It defiantly made me paranoid tho.

frefaln
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM

Unless you're in Wrathful Inquisition, then it's a free pass.

Also, feel free to use ShowEQ. MySEQ 1.27.0 works well with Windows 7 as it has the correct offsets right out of the gate. I used it for 60+ levels across various toons, and I know plenty of others are using it also.

Spunge18
08-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Surely GMs with their apparent detection methods will be able to trace ShowEQ just as easily as MQ2?

Jeice
08-16-2010, 06:46 PM
P99 allows dupeing too right?

Itchybottom
08-16-2010, 06:59 PM
The vast majority of users to not code or want to know how to code. They get their builds from stupid friends who code or one of the many available sites that distribute them for nominal yearly fees. Changing offsets DOES curb MQ2 usage by limiting its use to those who ORIGINALLY used it: quietly and under the radar to remove some of EQ's annoyances.

And imagine using codecaves to change where information in the client populates. Like putting ActorDef in SpellInfo, portions of ItemInfo in CharInfo. Someone may be able to run some automated patch day tool to compare offsets, but if the entire structure of the client were to be changed there are very few of us that could map the new executable after modification like that. All of the struct tables in the script kiddies MacroQuest2 compile would need re-writing. Then you start taking a log of who disconnects after login (client crash) and you'll have a list of people even attempting to use it.

EQEMU is already based on reverse engineering. I don't see a binary diff, and a compiled binary patcher to work against an existing eqgame.exe being any more of a problem. You aren't distributing any copyrighted material, you're just altering a clients runtime execution (which is what WinEQ2 is doing already)

Ravhin
08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
In order to shuffle offsets around or change structures (as SoE did patch by patch) you would need to push client side patches, changes to the "copyrighted" files. Besides the privacy concerns I think many of us have of running client side patches, task manager monitoring programs, etc., a large reason EQEmu was able to stabilize and progress was that it was finally able to settle on (1) or (a few) fixed client versions (i.e. Titanium) so that the server didn't have to keep up with constant client updates. P99 pushing client updates would break compatibility with EQEmu in general, and bring us right back to a constant battle between keeping client and server insync.

Server-side monitoring for dumb and abusive things like bard-speed hacks is appropriate and necessary, and I'm sure already implemented. Personally, I don't think client-side patches are a reasonable option.

rav

kuahara
08-25-2010, 07:28 PM
my all time favorite "neener neener" from the sony devs is when they did hotfixes that didn't require offset updates, but inverted the Z-axis coordinates.

MQ users would warp to some location X, Y, -1000 on land somewhere... except the coordinate received by the server is +1000, putting the player +2000 above the loc he intended to warp to. If you didn't see it or /gate quick enough you fell to your death :)

Supreme
08-26-2010, 06:52 AM
I am sorry..Why does your gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed??

Sigmastorm
08-26-2010, 07:02 AM
I am sorry..but whats Macroquest?

A h4xx0r program every guild officer uses to beat an old outdated crappy mmorpg.

Enchances Everquests gameplay by over 9000%

Fohsap
11-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Macroquest is nice because the behavior of the AI is that sometimes it walks up behind you or runs away and is sure tough to track. Also, the being able to /'walk to' on a recorded path is very helpful for people who are using voice commands, wind power, and 1 or 2 fingers, depending on the day, to play the game. It would be nice to know for sure what the limits of MQ are. Don't want to get my level 4 character banned, but Hell it's almost worth it to be able to keep up with the rest.

Fohsap
11-01-2010, 04:29 AM
I mean, ... Hell, make the first capture for each type of macro a temp ban and a warning. Second one permanent. Then, we could test the limits. Also, ... just have people list which macros they will use or allow some kind of usage proof. I don't know. W/e. It doesn't matter. Gameply = gameplay.

RKromwell
11-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Everyone wants to know what mob is up yet they don't want to group with the guy that can see everything in the zone...lol.

yraapt
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
It may have just been a rumor, but back in the day I recall people claiming that GMs would spawn a mob and check if any non-trackers made a bee-line to it.

Dunes
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Call me paranoid, but I think the best way to curb the use of programs like this is to never mention them. Read back through the posts and look how many people who never knew some program like this existed and now they are curious. Next step is to start Googling it and before long youve got more than a few new cheaters.

It definitely doesnt help to give people the idea that using it wont get you caught either (technical explanations, etc). The fact is, if something like this becomes an issue, you can rest assured that you WILL get caught when the hammer comes down - GM's will get tired of seeing a cancer like this spread.

So anyway, screw MQ - if you want to hack, find another server and let the rest of us enjoy EQ Classic the way its meant to be played

Edit: Sorry for bumping this thread back up. Lets let this thing die now

Taluvill
11-01-2010, 04:40 PM
It may have just been a rumor, but back in the day I recall people claiming that GMs would spawn a mob and check if any non-trackers made a bee-line to it.

haha.

Do that with Quillmane = P I'm postive you'll catch a few there, tracking does not scan the entire zone, ranger or not.

XDrake
11-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Why use a hack program? It stops being a game when you remove the challenge. It becomes meaningless.

No MMORPG will ever have the challenge that EQ was.

Want an easy game?

Go play WoW.

warlok88
05-15-2013, 02:31 AM
sorry to bump old thread, but just want to say my favorite part of project1999 is there are so few botters or cheaters. some sites say that their macroquest (http://www.redguides.com) will work on emu servers but i dont think it will on p99. You guys do great work.

Sollix
05-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Then they come out with whip!

Yeah, you come out with the whip. Yeah.