PDA

View Full Version : Culinary Thread

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Do any of you cook? I love to, but haven't had a lot of time.. Now that p99 is down.. YOU SHOULD!!

Tonight's French Onion Soup

http://i43.tinypic.com/14kcg2s.gif

Very soon after serving, the once mostly full pot looked thus:

http://i42.tinypic.com/rbe0k3.gif

I hesitate to share the recipe here, as I really would like to just see what you people eat. PM me for info or start a recipe thread.. Are you p99'rs amateur chefs or do you always eat ramen? Pictures >>>> words!!!

mirko
04-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Hasbin's mom made that for him. She just called him up from the basement to come eat dinner.

Shannacore
04-12-2010, 11:03 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2662/4112427880_b385c3b198_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2655/3779278685_664bd52e83_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4356363295_c34596c4c2_b.jpg

EVERYDAY! My folder with all my food photography got lost. All I have left is this sad stuffed mushroom, a lonesome cupcake, and my gear.

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 11:08 PM
EVERYDAY! My folder with all my food photography got lost. All I have left is this sad stuffed mushroom, a lonesome cupcake, and my gear.
Gawd I wish I had your camera and/or skills! :P

Shmeeggeggy
04-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Hmm I'll have some stuff up here soon perhaps. I am planning a couple parties which I'll be catering for graduation.

In the mean time, I need a spring board people! Get to posting good yummies on here!

President
04-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I cook way too much. Before I went to work today started a basic beef stew in the crock pot. Beef (pot roast), red potatoes, two yellow onions, baby carrots, mushrooms (unsliced).. Seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, tarragon, thyme, bay leaves, cayenne pepper, parsley... cooking for 10 hours in Shiner, water, liquid smoke, and worschershire(sp).

Cooked this a few weeks ago: Pasta/Basil/Marjoram in a white wine sauce with chicken over spinach with grape tomatos and goat cheese.

http://i.imgur.com/1llHX.jpg

Flicka
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
http://mysapientia.com/camera/candid_07to2_08/06.jpg
Old pic of some of my fav ingredients for a berried salad & simple herbed vinegar dressing. This is def on the menu for later this week. I love spring greens!

President
04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Some more Thanksgiving style stuff ive written up before.

Mashed Potato's..
Russet Potato's
1 Yam/Sweet Potato
(if possible, a few red potato's)
Garlic Clove
Sour Creme
Milk (Butter also if you want)

Peel like 5-10 cloves of garlic depending how much taters you are making.. if its for 10-15 people id suggest more like 10-15 cloves of garlic. Wrap in tinfoil and put in your oven (I assume it will already be on.. if its only on like 200 degrees, try to get this in a good 20-30 minutes before u even start potatos')

Peel the russet & yam's and chop up into 2" pieces, will help boil faster/softer. If you bought red potatoes also, do not peel , chop in half.

Boil until soft.. fork should go through easily..

Pull out garlic and chop up.

Once fully cooked drain water and leave taters in the pot.. add in a few pieces of butter, a few good scoops of sour creme, the chopped garlic, and a few splashes of milk. Salt & Pepper. Either use an egg beater or a potato smasher to start mixing it up. If it is not creamy enough add in a little more milk/sour creme. Taste - you may want to add a little more salt... (but don't oversalt!)

Green Beans

Get a bunch of cans/frozen bags of fresh cut green beans
Salt Pork (looks like bacon but in a package about half the length)
Sliced almonds

Before cooking, chop up the salt pork into small bits.. you will need a pretty sharp knife but this will make it better. Toss the salt pork into a pan to cook on medium heat.. Defrost the beans or open the cans.. Once the salt pork starts to brown, you will probably want to drain some of the grease (there will probably be a lot, but leave some, it helps flavor the beans.) Add in the beans to the grease & salt pork pieces and saute for a bit to heat up. Then add the almond slices and saute some more. You probably wont need to salt this anymore, but try it and season as needed. I would suggest some red pepper for a little spice (not flakes!).

Stuffing (will need a rack in oven)

Few bags of stuffing mix (id get like one bag thats regular, and one bag thats cornbread).
Sausage - Spicy, Andoille, or Maple (i havent tried maple but id think it would be really good, normally go with italian/spicy).
One yellow Onion
Celery
Dried Cranberry
(Apple if you want, I forgot to add this last time i made it but would be good)
Sliced Almonds
4+ cans chicken broth
Cinnamon & Nutmeg

Chop up the Celery and Yellow Onion. (also apple if you get one)

If you bought sausage with skin, cut it off, otherwise, toss it in a pan with a bit of olive oil on medium. once sausage has gotten mostly cooked through toss in your onions.. once its nearly cooked add in your celery. Saute a bit more then add in your dried cranberries and almonds. Salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, and not too much cinnamon and nutmeg or it will be too overpowering. Once all done, put on a plate into fridge to cool. (add apple also if you use one)

Pour bags of stuffing into a big bowl/pot. Once cool add in the sausage stuff and mix it all up. Pour in about half a can of chicken broth at a time until the entirety of the stuffing is fairly moist. Put into a cooking pan and back into the oven for 45-hour. If your oven is only @ 200 or so.. probably longer.

Candy Carrots.

Slice up candy carrots into thin slices or use baby carrots. Put a stick or two of butter into a pot/high walled pan and melt. Put in carrots and saute on low for 20-30 minutes or so. Then add sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the taste is good.

Flicka
04-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Ok I've been up too long *yawn* so salad isn't cooking. Ha. But yeah I cook daily. Food pron later, bed NOW.

Ektar
04-12-2010, 11:21 PM
I cook most days. Except when I'm poopsocking I'll quickly warmup some boca burgers or somethin.

Nothing I make usually is too amazing, just a giant omelette.. or a giant salad... or uh.. tuna salad.

However, on special occasions, I make a killer baked ziti.

President
04-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Here are some more recipe's ive written up...

Stuffed Pork Chops(Bone-In) or Stuffed Beef Roast (round bottom, round top, etc.). At our grocery store here I regularly find these in the "extra discount" section when they are due to expire.

The Stuffing:
Maple Link Breakfast Sausage (Or Italian.. but I realllllly like the maple).
Green Onions
Onions (Red or White or both doesn't matter)
Dried Fruit (cherries or whatever else sounds good)
Garlic (Chopped up cloves)
Peppers (anything from Serrano's if you want spicy, to yellow/green bell peppers)
Nuts (Sliced Almonds works great)
Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Salt, Garlic Powder, Pepper.

The maple sausage we get comes in links, so you will need to either cut long way down the side with a knife and peel off the skin, or just squeeze and push it out the ends. Put it in a bowl and kinda mash it together so its more mushy instead of in link-form (or else it stays in really big chunks when u cook it.) Start out with getting some olive oil hot and toss in the sausage. Once the sausage is mostly cooked you can start tossing in everything else. Start with the onions, garlic, and peppers until the onions start to become see through. Add in the Nuts and Dried Fruit last just for a few minutes on lower heat, add in a couple pinches of nutmeg, a couple pinches of cinnamon, and enough salt/pepper/garlic powder for regular seasoning for however much stuffing you added. Pull it off the heat and let it cool down.

For the Pork Chops, take a knife and look at the outside fatty part(on the side of the chop opposite from bone). Try to cut into the Pork chop where the fat is the thickest so it will stay together easier. You want to cut a small hole, probably only as big as the knife. (just enough so your finger can fit in and stuffing can fit in). Then push your finger into the hole and move it around to separate the meat inside and create a pocket for the stuffing. Once the stuffing has cooled - stuff the pork chops!!

After this we are going to sear each side of the pork chop to give the outside a little crust. You will want to get out some flour and any spices you want to mix in. The spices you add the flower don't seem to add much flavor, but adding a little bit can help(red pepper, cumin, italian seasoning, whatever sounds good).

Mix the flour and spices on a plate and slap both sides of the pork chops well into the flour and put them back on a separate plate. Start another clean pan with olive oil and let the oil get pretty hot before putting the chops on. You only want sear them in the olive oil for long enough to get a brownish crust on the outside (if its hot enough.. 3-5 minutes each side, maybe less).

Take the chops off, throw them in a pan, and into the oven @ 350. I don't remember the exact pork temperature, but you will want to "overcook" just a little bit. Chris said with stuffing in it, and since you have separated the meat, it is already going to help the tenderness, and the temperature you measure may be a bit off due to the stuffing. I think it might be 170 degrees, so say when you measure 175, its ready to pull out and let rest (5+ minutes).

For the Beef Roast. (before you start, put 4+ wooden toothpics in water to start soaking). Chris called how you need to cut the roast a butterfly cut. here is a video that I could find, but for the roast you will do it a LITTLE different. http://www.expertvillage.com/video/28651_cut-meat-chicken-butterfly.htm Make sure the fatty side if on top. When you do it to the roast, start lower on it (the roast will be 4-5" tall compared to the video where its only 1-2" tall) So say 1" up from the bottom of the roast, cut into the roast until you can fold the larger part over. Then you will do the same thing again to the larger part, from the same direction you folded it over. Just make sure not to cut it too thin, you want to keep it all around the same thickness for cooking if you can. Once you have done this, throw all the stuffing in the middle, then fold over the roast and make a crease(fatty side on top), putting the soaked toothpics in to hold it. After this, you will want to put some kind of rub on the outside. The stuffing is going to add most of the flavor to the meat, but a rub is always good. Even if its just some salt/pepper, that will be enough (but add in some cumin/red pepper/italian seasoning/garlic powder if you can, and some brown sugar on top). Chris told me to sear the crease in a pan before putting it in, but this was kinda difficult for me to it trying to fall apart.. and I don't think really necessary. So toss that roast into the oven with the fatty side on top. Cook at 350 until it reaches a temperature of about 135 degrees. (You can check online the right temp for beef, just do the same as with the chops and don't risk undercooking it!) Pull out, let rest for 5+ minutes. I cut this into strips close to an inch thick, so the stuffing would somewhat stay inside when served. THIS CAME OUT REALLLLLY well when I did it.

Stuffed Bell Peppers:

This is really easy and you can stuff practically anything in it. For stuffed bell peppers I have done two kinds of stuffing so far.

#1 Stuffing) Take burger meat beef, chopped peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms/whatever other veggies you want(also mix in some chedder cheese once u pull it off the heat).. Cook it all in a pan.. let cool.. then stuff the peppers(you want to drain most of the grease/fat that the burger meat creates, but some juice in the pepper is helpful) . I just cut around the top stem, pull it off, then use a spoon to scrape out all the white stuff on the sides.

#2 Stuffing) This stuffing is harder to get because I used leftover whole chickens... So ill tell you how to cook the whole chickens first!!!

Go get some whole young chickens from the store and if you have an organic fresh herbs section, find the little container that says its a Poultry mix. Put the chickens on a pan and with your hand, slide under the skin on the breasts. You will need to do this carefully and if you tear the skin a little, use some wet toothpics to hold it back together. You should be able to slide your hand under the skin and use your fingers to separate it from the meat. Also you will need to pull out all the insides, make sure you clean it out in there well - once you pull all that out fill it with cheap carrots/celery). Once you have done this... Grab some butter (not really sure how much but you can't really go overboard, you will probably use half a stick or more per chicken) put the butter in a bowl, and put in the microwave for 15 seconds, or just enough to take off the fridge cold. You will then chop up some of each of the herbs you got in your Poultry blend pack(chop up fine), and put this with the butter. Using your hands mix the herb blend in with the butter, then spread the mix under the chickens skin onto the breasts. Try to eaven it out under all the skin.. Then put a rub on the outside (salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper, italian seasoning, brown sugar). Roast in the over @ 350 until the temperature has been reached... check online for correct temp... If you have a lot of hungry people it can be fun to use a serrated knife and cut straight down the middle then give each person half a young chicken (so each person gets a breast/leg/wing).

This ALWAYS leaves us with leftovers because no one can finish an entire half of a chicken.. but it works out well because the buttery delicious meat stays great in the fridge and works well getting mixed in with other stuff...

SOOO.. Onto the stuffing...

Cook a bunch of rice, chop some peppers(mushrooms etc. whatever u want), and pull apart the chicken into smaller pieces. Once the rice is cooked, mix in the chopped peppers, chicken, and whatever else you had. If you add in mushrooms, i would suggest cooking them and the peppers in some garlic butter so they get a little more tender and tasty.

Stuff the mix into the peppers!!

Throw the peppers into the oven @ 350.. Let them cook for about 10 minutes, then slide them out and add cheese on top and put back in. Let the cheese cook as long as you want (i preffer to wait till it gets a little crusty) and pull out.... You can't really overcook these. These alone have been enough to fill even the hungriest people at our house up as long as you use a big pepper.

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Candy Carrots.

Slice up candy carrots into thin slices or use baby carrots. Put a stick or two of butter into a pot/high walled pan and melt. Put in carrots and saute on low for 20-30 minutes or so. Then add sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the taste is good.
This nidz RUM!!!
haha sounds hella good!

President
04-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Cowboy Burgers - Great for a party:

Another Recipe great for a bunch of people *Cowboy Burgers*

What you need:
Burger Beef (2 lbs will feed 4-8 people depending on whose eating)
Cilantro
Jalapeno's or Serrano's
Chedder Cheese
Yellow Onion
Garlic
Bacon
A couple packages of Hawaiin Rolls (they are small butter rolls, come in an orange package probably near the bakery)
Mushrooms

Slice up the bacon into little pieces and start cooking it. You are just precooking this, so do not cook fully to a crisp. Cook it until the little chunks start to curl around on the edges and shrink a bit, then pull off the heat.

Chop up some Cilantro, you wont need the whole bushel, maybe 1/4th of the bushel if you are using 2lbs of meat.

Chop up a few serrano's or jalapeno's.

Chop up half or so yellow onion if using 2lbs of meat.

Chop up some garlic.

Mix the 2 lbs burger meat, onions, cilanto, serranos, garlic, cheese, and bacon up. Add in some worchershire sauce if you have any, also add salt and pepper.

Make the patties into small "slider" style burgers. You will want to make them about the same size as the Hawaiin Rolls.

These cooked in the oven come out just as well as on the grill, so a grill isnt necessary. Either put all the patties on a plate and grill them, or put them on a pan and toss them in the oven at 350.

While the patties are cooking in the oven, chop up the mushrooms and toss them in a pan with some butter and garlic powder. Simmer them on low until they are tasty then just keep them warm until the burgers are ready.

Pull out burgers, toss patties into hawiian rolls, add some mushrooms on top, SCARF!

You can easily make fries or whatever else too as a side.

Reply to all

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Wow Pres, we need to have a fucking cookoff lol. Never would have pinned you as a culinary amateur. Awesome.

President
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Wow Pres, we need to have a fucking cookoff lol. Never would have pinned you as a culinary amateur. Awesome.

Pretty much learning by the day. I've always liked cooking basic stuff but I moved in with a Sous Chef who was pretty talented. Learned a lot from him in the 3 months he was a living person before getting sucked into WoW every second of his life.

I cook a lot more complicated things than the recipes I posted, those are just stuff I shipped off to my bro in college.

Shannacore
04-12-2010, 11:50 PM
I cook a lot more complicated things than the recipes I posted, those are just stuff I shipped off to my bro in college.

I'm in college ship me gooood foooood.

President
04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm in college ship me gooood foooood.

I shipped him recipe's, not food.

Loke
04-12-2010, 11:57 PM
I reached for a Roma tonight... pepperoni.. 16 minutes on the Pizzazz.. no big deal. Last night I had spaghetti AND some frozen mixed veggies. I could probably send you guys some recipes if you want.

Taslion
04-13-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty good at knowing what works with what, at least moreso than most of my friends.

One time I looked in the fridge and saw we had shredded Italian cheese, chicken breast, bacon, and fettuccine sauce... So I proceeded to cook the bacon till it was extremely crispy, set it out on another plate, then I threw the chicken in the grease and began frying it. I heated up the fettuccine sauce in a pot and then crumbled the bacon into bits and mixed that together. Melted Italian cheeses on the chicken, moved the chicken to a plate, and then poured the bacon and sauce mixture on top. Absolutely rich and horrible for you, and really not that difficult a recipe, but not a bad thing to come up with on the spot.

Hasbinbad
04-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm pretty good at knowing what works with what, at least moreso than most of my friends.

One time I looked in the fridge and saw we had shredded Italian cheese, chicken breast, bacon, and fettuccine sauce... So I proceeded to cook the bacon till it was extremely crispy, set it out on another plate, then I threw the chicken in the grease and began frying it. I heated up the fettuccine sauce in a pot and then crumbled the bacon into bits and mixed that together. Melted Italian cheeses on the chicken, moved the chicken to a plate, and then poured the bacon and sauce mixture on top. Absolutely rich and horrible for you, and really not that difficult a recipe, but not a bad thing to come up with on the spot.
KFC beat you to it.
http://sweettater.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/kfc-doubledown4.jpg

mudvayne1812
04-13-2010, 12:31 AM
http://www.overlyacademic.com/ilyana/images_09/01-27-09_06.jpg

A pretty accurate reproduction of what me and my dinner looked like tonight.

Taslion
04-13-2010, 12:32 AM
KFC beat you to it.
http://sweettater.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/kfc-doubledown4.jpg

Rofl, I actually had one of those today. Thing was delicious but I could taste the sodium messing up my liver.

Bones
04-13-2010, 12:47 AM
I had a cigar and a waffle.

Hasbinbad
04-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Bong and a blintz?

atvaata
04-13-2010, 03:07 AM
you fucks, got me all hungry and shit. someone wants a cuntpunt.

xnolanx
04-13-2010, 03:40 AM

I'm starting off my day with a blunt of purp.. no pancakes just a cup of syrup..
=)

and uhhhhhh.. back on the topic of food:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeXQq_vZOcU
^ EPIC

Hasbinbad
04-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Since people ended up posting recipes, and i typed this out for someone, i'll post it here too

French Onion Soup!

Buy:
Gruyere Cheese (~2oz per bowl)
Rustic Sourdough Baguette
a whole mess of onions!!
good beef boullion (make your own broth or try and get better than the herb-ox cubes)
fresh thyme, bay, and parsley (do not chop, you want whole sprigs)
a bottle of really cheap white wine (i used savignon blanc)
some butter
some salt
some pepper
get soup crocks that can be broiled

prep onions http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/how-to/how-to-french-cut-an-onion-home-hacks-109536
melt ~2tbsp+ butter in large pot on medium heat
throw onions in the pot when the butter starts to get hot
throw some salt on the onions (maybe 1/2 - 1 tsp), and give the pot a good stir to coat the onions with butter/salt. Your pot should be completely full with onions!

caramelize the onions.. this is a game where you have to leave them alone for long enough to start browning, but stir them enough so they don't burn.. a good rule of thumb is stir every 15-20 minutes. This process should take 90 minutes or so, maybe longer. The end result should be deeply golden brown onions with hints of dark brown/black. It's OK/desireable to have the onions burn A LITTLE. At this point, your onions should have cooked down a LOT and only take up a small percentage of the pot.

deglaze the pot by pouring enough white wine to completely cover the onions, turn the heat to medium high. stir more often, and reduce the wine to a thick syrup (theres should be very little liquid in the pot when yer done)

add enough broth to make the soup, about 8-10 cups in a medium/large pot

reduce heat to low/medium

make your bouqet garni: tie sprigs of thyme, parsley, and bay together in a bundle, make sure it's fairly secure (i use sewing thread)

add the bouqet garni to the pot, cover tightly, and simmer for 2 hours or so

remove the bouqet garni from the pot, making sure to get all the onions off with a fork, and discard

add pepper (i like to add a tbsp or so, judge for yourself), simmer another 30 minutes or so

serving:
grate the gruyere
slice bread on a fairly extreme bias into 1.5-2 inch slices
broil these slices on one side only, till they JUST start to burn, remove from broiler promptly
ladle soup into crocks, leaving at least 1 inch
put a piece or two of the bread on top of the soup, toasted side down
put some cheese on top
put the crocks into the broiler, till the cheese melts and everything is JUST about to burn, remove promptly

Crocks will be HOT, handle with care!

Enjoy!

Ferok
04-13-2010, 02:30 PM
I make pizza.

I haven't ventured into the world of making my own dough. I use the store bought dough globs. I use italian tomato sauce, the kind you can get at an italian market and has listed ingredients of "tomatoes, salt". Thin layer of sauce only, don't wanna do anything crazy. I use buffola mozz, but that's the last step. Typical toppings for my home-made ameritalian pizzas are:

Garlic, tomato, and Basil (la margherita - basil goes on after the cook)

Garlic, Sausage (hot or sweet italian), and roasted red peppers

Buffalo chicken and banana peppers (grilled chicken marinated in red hot for the health nut in me, but fried chicken tossed in your choice of sauces works just as well - and does tastes better. Drizzle some blue cheese dressing and hotsauce over the pizza once it's out of the oven)

Prosciutto, Parmesan, and Balsamic vinegar ("Parma" - omit the mozzerela or not to taste, cover the pizza in strips of prosciutto, then cover with strips of hand cut parmesan - grated cheese is garbage. Get the syrupy balsamic vinegar, the kind that beads, and drizzle on after the pizza comes out.)

Pineapple & Prosciutto & black olives (Hawaiian. I use prosciutto here generally because it avoids having to buy another kind of pork, and the parma usually has leftovers. Bacon, canadian bacon, and ham all work - but prosciutto tastes better in my opinion.)

mirko
04-13-2010, 03:16 PM
You're all sorry excuses for men. Get your wife in the fuckin kitchen and go out and kill something.

Unbelievable.

President
04-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I make pizza.

I haven't ventured into the world of making my own dough.

We do home made pizza a lot too, but I use my bread maker to make fresh dough. Hands down the best dough I've ever eaten on a pizza, its amazing how good it comes out.

Also lately have been using my pasta roller to make fresh pasta squares for Lasagna... real good too...

Otto
04-13-2010, 10:32 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4356363295_c34596c4c2_b.jpg

This picture made me decide to upload my own from my shitty camera phone again.

This is my favorite dish my gf and I make... made it tonight.

Peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, angel hair pasta, lots of olive oil.

Frying and seasoning etc.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/38/003oze.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/003oze.jpg/)

edit: guess which plate is mine and which is the GFs

Jewce
04-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Dinner Tonight:

Bison veal steaks wrapped with bison bacon and rainbow/brown trout i caught on Sunday with secret recipe stuffing :)

Mirko - You're all sorry excuses for men. Get your wife in the fuckin kitchen and go out and kill something.

Unbelievable.

Beg to differ! Dressed and butchered the bison ourselves.

http://imgur.com/07Ou6.jpg

President
04-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Dinner Tonight:

Bison veal steaks wrapped with bison bacon and rainbow/brown trout i caught on Sunday with secret recipe stuffing :)

Beg to differ! Dressed and butchered the bison ourselves.

http://imgur.com/07Ou6.jpg

Man that grill needs a cleaning.

xnolanx
04-13-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeXQq_vZOcU
^ EPIC

said it before i'll say it again lol

Droxx
04-21-2010, 10:09 PM
So.
I'm gonna cook ribs tomorrow at work.
And I'm gonna upload real time pictures to you guys here.
So prepare to be disappointed that my ribs are not your ribs.

Abacab
04-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Pork loins and dry those motherfuckers out!

Rub them down with cayenne, chili powder, pepper, lemon salt, sage

smoke those motherfuckers over a wood pit

Make some BBQ sauce with lemon zest,, jalepeno, habanarros added into the mix

and cut the loins in strips and dip em'

Droxx
04-22-2010, 11:00 AM
The ribs have been on the grill for about an hour and a half. Here's some before pics.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6499/0422100919.th.jpg (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/0422100919.jpg/)
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7885/0422100912.th.jpg (http://img52.imageshack.us/i/0422100912.jpg/)
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1917/0422100911.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/i/0422100911.jpg/)
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9590/0422100932.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/i/0422100932.jpg/)

Ribs are being cooked indirectly at ~275 degrees. I used a medium-heavy coating of Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust for a rub along with some extra virgin olive oil to help it stick. They come off in another hour and a half for some foiling.

Droxx
04-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Ready for foil.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7447/0422101233.th.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/0422101233.jpg/)

Ready for sauce.
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6272/0422101350.th.jpg (http://img706.imageshack.us/i/0422101350.jpg/)
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8766/0422101349.th.jpg (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/0422101349.jpg/)
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4708/0422101359.th.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/0422101359.jpg/)

Droxx
04-22-2010, 04:18 PM
And ready to eat.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/158/0422101426.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/i/0422101426.jpg/)

Sorry for the terrible pictures. Awesome 5 year old camera phone.

President
04-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Nice, I just bought a large green egg today and built a table for it. Pictures tomorrow.

Droxx
04-23-2010, 01:14 AM
That's great. We sell them. They're literally the best grills on earth.

Shannacore
04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Daaaaayum Droxx

President
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Spent about 9 hours yesterday putting that damn table together. About 1 1/2 hours of it I needed the headlamp on while everyone else went inside to watch the draft - but GOD DAMN I WANTED TO SMOKE TODAY.

http://i.imgur.com/i6CUt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/V5Vpx.jpg

President
04-23-2010, 01:48 PM
breakfast...

http://i.imgur.com/7gWeT.jpg

Shannacore
04-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Spent about 9 hours yesterday putting that damn table together. About 1 1/2 hours of it I needed the headlamp on while everyone else went inside to watch the draft - but GOD DAMN I WANTED TO SMOKE TODAY.

Plz come cook for me

Droxx
04-23-2010, 10:46 PM

Very nice! Breakfast looks good. What was your first cook?

girth
04-23-2010, 10:57 PM
WTF is that? Bacon pancakes?

President
04-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Brisket, it was good but i had to rush cook the last 3 hours since it wasn't going to be ready. It needed 4-5 on 250, and i had to 2-3 on 350.

Droxx
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Brisket, it was good but i had to rush cook the last 3 hours since it wasn't going to be ready. It needed 4-5 on 250, and i had to 2-3 on 350.

Sweet. Hope you enjoy it. Check out eggheadforum.com if you haven't already. Tons of good stuff on the forums there. Let me know if you need any measurements/odd pics of accessories, we carry most everything for larges.

President
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Sweet. Hope you enjoy it. Check out eggheadforum.com if you haven't already. Tons of good stuff on the forums there. Let me know if you need any measurements/odd pics of accessories, we carry most everything for larges.

It came out much better than the brisket we used to do which was still good. We used to have a kamado that was about he size of a medium BGE, but no plate setter and my room mate who had it had us use briquets... so.. yea... This one had a fantastic tasting crust and was delicious in the middle. Some parts were a bit overcooked which I blame on me having to turn up the heat for the last two hours to burn through the toughness.

Shannacore
04-26-2010, 02:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/xDaddysxLittlexDefectx/fuckingcheese.jpg?t=1272306395

FML

Was soooo looking forward to that.

Shannacore
04-26-2010, 02:27 PM
eating carrot sticks instead -_-

Shannacore
04-26-2010, 02:42 PM
i will also kill the first one who photoshops a dick in there.

Omnimorph
04-26-2010, 03:22 PM
i will also kill the first one who photoshops a dick in there.

lol.

nalkin
04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Icecream is the only food worth mentioning. Any other meal is a waste of time to prepare since nothing really tastes any better than anything else.

Otto
04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/xDaddysxLittlexDefectx/fuckingcheese.jpg?t=1272306395

FML

Was soooo looking forward to that.

I've eaten things that were more burnt than that!!!

Shannacore
04-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Also what is that stringy shit all over the burntness ?

President
04-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Also what is that stringy shit all over the burntness ?

Hmm... use butter instead of hair....

Shannacore
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Hmm... use butter instead of hair....

The thought of someone trying to spread hair on a piece of bread just realllllllly grossed me out.

Shannacore
08-29-2011, 09:56 PM
RESURRECT !

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/311977_2154226849950_1074780041_32533513_6527265_n .jpg

Heart Shaped Biscuits & Gravy

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312647_2147463480870_1074780041_32522764_2626320_n .jpg

Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, Mushroom Cream Sauce, Gravy.
Chicken Cordon Bleu in teh oven.

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/228836_2092805674459_1074780041_32450360_5737924_n .jpg

Turkey Jalapeno Cheeseburger and a semi-greek salad.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249920_1962383013974_1074780041_32297808_545668_n. jpg

Steak burritos and wiiiine with the bf. This was probably around my birthday (hence the flowers).

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250759_1943239615401_1074780041_32269761_6314448_n .jpg

Normal breakfast that I bring to work.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226484_1865711957258_1074780041_32158160_5979994_n .jpg

Bruschetta

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222812_1870583719049_1074780041_32165516_5083501_n .jpg

I'd never cooked fish before this. It was entirely too goopy. Lesson learned. The spinach was super good though.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168672_1712448725773_1074780041_31948819_8254973_n .jpg

Cream of potato soooop.

Shannacore
08-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Limit on number of images per post? GHEY

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/167313_1699610324821_1074780041_31925503_6461784_n .jpg

Homemade eggrolls and shrimp fried rice

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/155621_1635911452389_1074780041_31791302_3653147_n .jpg

Pizza bites (So good)

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/155658_1624477766554_1074780041_31771130_6986216_n .jpg

Chicken Enchiladas

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/154641_1619500562127_1074780041_31761292_4855070_n .jpg

Sesame Noodles

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/75627_1575616905063_1074780041_31678889_3550424_n. jpg

Butternut Squash Soop

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/74279_1581333087964_1074780041_31691711_7697095_n. jpg

Penne Alfredo w/ Broccoli

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/67492_1578373013964_1074780041_31687610_5952810_n. jpg

OMELET!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/320390_2133978983766_1074780041_32506676_1134604_n .jpg

Kay I totally didn't make this, but it was pretty gd good.

SearyxTZ
08-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Shannacore plz come cook for me

I rarely cook (I make money and then pay people to do it for me) but I did master both of these - brought to you by the super kewl Robert Rodriguez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8EiScBEjA

+ his breakfast burritos 100% from scratch, which I can't find the video for

Doors
08-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Tralina, marry me.

I cook pretty often but usually just grill. Will post pics sometime mebbe.

Shannacore
08-29-2011, 11:37 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313395_2154540617794_1074780041_32533914_3672987_n .jpg

Faaaaaace

xshayla701
08-30-2011, 08:33 AM
how the eff do you make eggrolls??

Shannacore
08-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Egg roll wrappers + ground pork + cabbage + other miscellaneous shredded veggies.

I then baked mine, although I think most people fry theirs.

It's super easy. Although rolling them is kind of a pain until you get the hang of it.

Shannacore
08-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Does nobody else cook?

;_;

Zereh
08-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Every day! I just don't take pictures...

Seaweedpimp
08-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Does nobody else cook?

;_;

Id eat ur food

Aadill
08-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Does nobody else cook?

;_;

Whole wheat beer crust pizza is on the menu again sometime soon.

Quinoa marinara instead of spaghetti marinara is pretty good.

Baked fish with peach chutney and fresh roasted vegetables.

Dark chocolate and chili rubbed steak with grilled portobello mushrooms, jalapenos, and roasted potatoes on the side for Sunday dinner.

Classic apple roasted pork is always a favorite, and something you can throw in a crockpot for a while.

purist
08-30-2011, 02:13 PM
I like to cook Indian food.

Aadill
08-30-2011, 02:16 PM

Do you make curries from scratch? Longest list of ingredients ever.

xshayla701
08-30-2011, 02:18 PM

if you are serious, omg tell me how

purist
08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
For curry I just use garam masala (a blend of a about 10 common Indian spices, you can buy this at most grocery stores), salt, tumeric, curry powder, black pepper, ground ginger, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. I add chilli powder depending on how much heat I want.

Aadill
08-30-2011, 02:24 PM
ahhhhh fair enough. making it from scratch is a pain, especially if you realize your need to buy groceries because you ran out of all of those staple items. It's disconcerting when you realize you just bought 10+ things to make one dish. Last time I made an Indian dish I ran into that issue, but also made enough to last over a week. Life was glorious that week. Curry and beer.

Hasbinbad
08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Shanna, Thanks for the necro. Also, wtf, I thought you were this great photographer and a so-so cook.. Now you're cooking all the time and take shitty pictures?

Shannacore
08-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Shanna, Thanks for the necro. Also, wtf, I thought you were this great photographer and a so-so cook.. Now you're cooking all the time and take shitty pictures?

Camera phone ftl :[

deathgirl
08-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Whole wheat beer crust pizza is on the menu again sometime soon.

Quinoa marinara instead of spaghetti marinara is pretty good.

Baked fish with peach chutney and fresh roasted vegetables.

Dark chocolate and chili rubbed steak with grilled portobello mushrooms, jalapenos, and roasted potatoes on the side for Sunday dinner.

Classic apple roasted pork is always a favorite, and something you can throw in a crockpot for a while.

i like it wen someone likes quinoa and chocolate on meat, they could only be cool peeple ^-^

SearyxTZ
08-31-2011, 12:26 AM
I paid 30 bucks for sushi tonight (WORTH IT.... not really)

I kind of want to try making my own sometime tho, seeing as I live right near a japanese market. Has anyone here attempted making their own sushi?

Feachie
08-31-2011, 01:09 AM

I kind of want to try making my own sometime tho, seeing as I live right near a japanese market. Has anyone here attempted making their own sushi?

sashimi yes. mom knows how to make rolls but i suck at it. hardest part is getting the rice just right. and if you're using uncooked meat don't handle it very much cause your body heat will cook it slightly.

visage
08-31-2011, 01:19 AM
like to take ego waffles and put them in the toaster...

Drem
08-31-2011, 01:52 AM
cool how did i miss this thread. i went to culinary and have been in the industry for almost 10 years now. this is half from home half from work

spring rolls

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00324.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00326.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00330.jpg

caramelized pork belly (thit kho kho) over jasmine rice, topped w/ coriander

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00315.jpg

smoked salmon on black truffle risotto w/ wilted chard

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00267.jpg

tenderloin on caramelized onion, micro green, and prawn over custard in nest of kataifi

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00058.jpg

strawberry gel over chocolate mousse w/ dark chocolate, fresh strawberry, and dehydrated strawberry (assemble and take like a shot....... of rape)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00270.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00279.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00280.jpg

Drem
08-31-2011, 01:58 AM
this was my turkey last year. stuffed it w/ a fat sprig of parsley, a whole clove of garlic, bunch of thyme, and a couple apples

rubbed it w/ rosemary and more thyme and a pound of butter. kept spooning the butter and herbs over it for a couple hours and some olive oil for good measure/taste

don't mind me mom's awful serving platter.........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00665.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/flyinglawngnome/DSC00666.jpg

Feachie
08-31-2011, 02:01 AM
damn... i thought i was pretty good in the kitchen until i saw you drem. that's amazing

edit: pulled off my phone because this thread is awesome. friend gave us molds and i tried them last week
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3457/pancakesd.jpg

Scribbles
08-31-2011, 02:23 AM
2 slices toast, slob peanut butter on one and nutella on other. smush together to make best sandwich in world

xshayla701
08-31-2011, 08:56 AM

this is hilarious

Shannacore
08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Giev me that turkey.

Mcbard
08-31-2011, 11:30 AM

Yup I've made my own rolls, and as somebody stated getting the rice just right is the hardest part. The first time I made it I didn't cook it long enough so it was crunchy, the second time I cooked it too long so it was sticky, and the third and forth times my fiancee made it and it turned out perfect. Then I told everybody in my guild how awesome it tasted and they just laff'd at me. :(

Aside from the rice it's all pretty easy, just make sure you roll your nori tight o it doesn't fall apart or you don't use too much of it!

Aadill
08-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Too much rice has been my biggest issue in making sushi rolls. I tend to make vegetarian rolls so they probably need more rice, but that has carried over into actual fish rolls... they did not roll well.

xshayla701
08-31-2011, 03:21 PM
I tend to make vegetarian rolls so they probably need more rice

<3 <3

visage
08-31-2011, 03:30 PM
WHO WANTS TO COOK ME SOME COOKIES!!!! AND FEDEX THEM TOO ME

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
08-31-2011, 04:03 PM
All of this stuff looks awesome~

I have a contribution! Although it's probably been done before in some way, I'd never heard of this kind of thing before I was inspired to make it one morning.

PB & J French Toast:

Cover one side of a piece of bread half peanut butter/half jelly
Roll into a crepe type thing, jelly-pb on the inside
Dip into a whipped egg batter (egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon)
Fry it on a pan! Make sure it stays rolled up

Peatree
08-31-2011, 05:45 PM
I've always like velveta mac and cheese w/ freshly cooked bacon crumbled up in it myself.

Aadill
09-01-2011, 10:56 AM
i like it wen someone likes quinoa and chocolate on meat, they could only be cool peeple ^-^

Quinoa is a GREAT replacement if you're a celiac (I'm not) or if you're looking to get an alternative to normal ingredients (quinoa is actually cheaper than spaghetti, here). As far as the steak, it's actually quite good and if you look at a lot of cuisine from the southwest and into Mexico (or below) you'll find dark chocolate in a lot of weird places on a lot of weird things. The same goes for chilis. I still love dried mangos rolled in chili pepper.. super spicy and delicious sweet snacks :3

vegetarian roll love

Veggies and fruits, actually. I think I've described a few to you before in supasekret private chat:

strawberries, sriracha, and scallions
carrots, cucumber, slightly fried sweet potato, miso mayo
cucumber, scallions, wasabi paste
strawberries, kiwi, mango, slightly fried sweet potato

Shannacore
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
My cooking experience is about to get so much better!! (http://store.calphalon.com/calphalon-contemporary-bronze-nonstick-10-pc-cookware-set/334808)

thx mom~

Shannacore
09-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I've always like velveta mac and cheese w/ freshly cooked bacon crumbled up in it myself.

If you're going to have mac & cheese, do it homemade. It's super easy. AND DELISH.

Shannacore
09-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I've kind of been having the urge to bake a chicken. Although I totally admit, I have the "omg raw chicken is slimy yuck" girly thing going on. I hate touching raw chicken breasts, let alone having to dig out a bunch of insides from one.

Baked chicken is soooo goooood though.

Aadill
09-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I like cutting out all the gross bits on chicken.

Sear it first, by the way. Om nom.

Feachie
09-01-2011, 03:44 PM
with a paste made from olive oil, coriander, cumin, and cinnamon smeared on the outside before you sear.

Knuckle
09-01-2011, 04:07 PM
feachie would u cook me a chicken with that sauce if i fly to CA?

Feachie
09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
my chicken is legendary. next one i'm taking a pic of.

and maybe. hit me up if you're in the area, we have bbq's pretty often, just be tolerant of drunk douchebags

Peatree
09-01-2011, 04:29 PM

and maybe. hit me up if you're in the area, we have bbq's pretty often, just be tolerant of drunk douchebags

I'd eat your chicken.

Feachie
09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
how do you like your eggs, fried or fertilized?

Knuckle
09-01-2011, 04:51 PM

:cool:

Aadill
09-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm diggin that chicken.. sounds pretty tasty.

Knuckle
09-01-2011, 04:56 PM
damn... i thought i was pretty good in the kitchen until i saw you drem. that's amazing

edit: pulled off my phone because this thread is awesome. friend gave us molds and i tried them last week

i want a yodacake

Messianic
09-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Not stuff I made (i'm a bit more focused than this), but brings back some tasty memories...Amazing cruise food. I loved that they gave us scored crab claws and weren't afraid of some idiot cutting themselves...

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9408/cruisefood.png

Grilled swordfist bottom right - yeah that's a fried chicken finger amidst the lo mein, chickpeas at the top right.

I actually ate like 2x that many shrimp...

Hasbinbad
09-02-2011, 02:02 AM
My cooking experience is about to get so much better!! (http://store.calphalon.com/calphalon-contemporary-bronze-nonstick-10-pc-cookware-set/334808)

thx mom~
Make sure to cook on high heat.

Ennoia
09-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Make sure to cook on high heat.

Hasbinbaking

SyanideGas
09-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Got so damn hungry looking at this.THANKS GUYS >.> hehe

Shannacore
09-02-2011, 10:59 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297979_2163503921871_1074780041_32545421_4981590_n .jpg

2nite: Beer Brats and Homemade Bacon-Mushroom Mac & Cheese

purist
09-02-2011, 11:10 PM
tralina this is why youre fat

dot com is a great website for these pics u should post them there

Bardalicious
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Tonight I made pork schnitzel fillets with hunter sauce over a bed of home-aid spaetzle. Garden-picked carrots, braised with cranberries and orange juice with a touch of brandy.

It was pretty fucking amazing tbh.

Slathar
09-03-2011, 12:03 AM
i ate an 8 pack of raw hotdogs and then slammed a 2 litre of pepsi

Tamiah2011
09-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Tonight I made pork schnitzel fillets with hunter sauce over a bed of home-aid spaetzle. Garden-picked carrots, braised with cranberries and orange juice with a touch of brandy.

It was pretty fucking amazing tbh.

Balls for desert?

Tamiah2011
09-03-2011, 12:15 AM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297979_2163503921871_1074780041_32545421_4981590_n .jpg

2nite: Beer Brats and Homemade Bacon-Mushroom Mac & Cheese

this why your fat?

orsk
09-03-2011, 12:34 AM
this why your fat?

Wow somebody has to come in and say something stupid in an otherwise interesting thread,one more troll to add to ignore.

purist
09-03-2011, 12:39 AM
jack my swagger

Shannacore
10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/310195_2330911906966_1074780041_32692784_802658263 _n.jpg

Orzo w/ shrimp & scallops

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/314444_2292538267649_1074780041_32660803_252712056 _n.jpg

A very deformed looking homemade pizza. The bf is silly and doesn't like pineapples.

http://hphotos-iad1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/310662_2289841720237_1074780041_32658439_576488606 _n.jpg

Spinach & Artichoke dip

http://i40.tinypic.com/16lyd88.jpg

(whole wheat) Pasta & (homemade) Marinara Sauce. With turkey meatballs.

Mardur
10-28-2011, 03:20 PM
The bf is silly and doesn't like pineapples.

wtf

Shannacore
10-28-2011, 03:29 PM
wtf

He also hates tomatoes

*WEIRDO*

Aadill
10-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Pineapple *IS* kinda weird on pizza.. but tomatoes? lame.

Tommy_Wiseau
10-28-2011, 04:38 PM
pineapple pizza is easily the tastiest shit in the world

Aadill
10-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Why you eatin' poop?

Awwalike
10-28-2011, 05:43 PM
damn you guys have some grimey ass kitchens.

smaller portions Tralina.

Harrison
10-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Fruit does not belong on a pizza.

Sorry guys, gross.

Tommy_Wiseau
10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Fruit does not belong in my kitchen.

Sorry guys, fat.

Harrison
10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
It's funnies!

Mardur
10-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Pineapple is the best pizza topping. Shit goes perfectly.

Shannacore
10-28-2011, 07:26 PM
My half was pineapple + canadian bacon. Hawaiian styleeeeeee.

ScaryBadAssholes
10-28-2011, 08:32 PM
My half was pineapple + canadian bacon. Hawaiian styleeeeeee.

You half pizza? LMAO.

Fourthmeal
10-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Tired of cooking?

Think outside the bun

visage
10-29-2011, 02:48 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2941h05.jpg

Hailto
10-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Think im gonna try Hasbin's french onion soup recipe, shit looks bomb

Shannacore
03-26-2012, 04:51 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/309588_2392373843476_1074780041_32737949_144674794 2_n.jpg

Pork Loin + Mashed Cauliflower + Sauteed Asparaugs

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/302288_2431320217111_1074780041_32755528_129640495 3_n.jpg

Sauteed onion & mushroom quesadilla + homemade pico de gallo + sour cream

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/377999_2454010624357_1074780041_32763615_523165864 _n.jpg

Steak + Shrimp + Asparagus + Garlic Toast.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/392315_2508522827128_1074780041_32786166_864836243 _n.jpg

Pulled Pork (In a really tasty apple cider vinegar sauce) + Mashed Cauliflower + Creamed Spinach

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/401733_2784990098637_1074780041_32916414_161372867 7_n.jpg

Making dinosaur shaped biscuits + gravy for breakfast.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/417068_2938302731357_1074780041_32976691_467980798 _n.jpg

Cookies for a Valentine's Day bake sale. Peanut butter cookies with reeses pushed into them, and chocolate shortbread cookies dipped in colored white chocolate.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/420865_2980536947186_1074780041_32992819_551466059 _n.jpg

More quesadilla-ness. Shut up, I live in New Mexico. Served with calabacitas.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/422150_3077094561066_1074780041_33040965_298465838 _n.jpg

Roasting Veggies for....

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/421694_3077239044678_1074780041_33040991_720754252 _n.jpg

A pork chop with a dijon cream sauce, sauteed veggie penne pasta and some garlic toast.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/535690_3156825914300_1074780041_33083061_192377290 1_n.jpg

Baked salmon.

FoxxHound
03-26-2012, 05:06 PM
^^ Sexy. I've always been a fan of making Salmon, and mahi mahi (smothered in lemon juice)

Shannacore
03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
^^ Sexy. I've always been a fan of making Salmon, and mahi mahi (smothered in lemon juice)

There are few things in the world lemon is not good on!