PDA

View Full Version : Befallen

zonker
12-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey folks, just a quick question.

I play on PvE server and I just wanted to ask if Befallen is a decent dungeon. I mean I remember it being pretty well stocked with folks in my early EQ years pre-Velious, but what is the traffic like in there on this server? Any groups in there? More/less dangerous than it was back in EQ heydays?

Thanks!

pickled_heretic
12-09-2011, 03:36 PM
you will more than likely have to start a group and take it there. it's in the category of "all but abandoned."

Messianic
12-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Except for individuals camping the ring for the paw quest, yeah pretty empty...

Leeyuuduu
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Me and some friends have been hunting in Befallen recently, there is a massive xp bonus in that zone so it's a very nice place to hunt, but there are a few dangers with having so little people in the zone (usually none except a random high level cleric camping for a quest)..One danger is that if you die and you are past the locked door, you aren't getting your body unless you have a spare key. And even then, unless you have invis vs undead you will have to clear to your body. If your body is lucky enough to be somewhere where you can /corpse it through the top floor that works wonders though.

I'd say it's more than a decent dungeon because of the large xp bonus, but the complete lack of people also makes it slightly more dangerous than back in the day.

eqravenprince
12-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Befallen isn't populated. Not a big enough population to spread to consistently have a group here. You will need to take a group there from EC or WC. I would argue that if you did take a group there, that the dungeon would be less dangerous because of less trains.

Atmas
12-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I've observed that it has an exceptionally high XP bonus. But like everyone else said there is almost never anyone there, and the people who are there aren't xping.

webrunner5
12-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Like Lee said if you solo in there and die you could be in some very deep crap.

Twice I have lucked out and found a high level rogue to help out. But don't hold your breath on that happening often.

mitic
12-09-2011, 08:44 PM
come red, dungeons like this one are highly populated on the pvp server!

Zigfreed
12-10-2011, 12:40 AM
It's awesome, 'cept for all the seriously hardcore messed up parts.
TL:DR? Don't die.

phobus
12-10-2011, 01:25 AM
The nice thing about going there in a group is that someone is bound to have a higher-level alt with a key (or at least the ability to get one) camped nearby in case of a wipe.