PDA

View Full Version : HT resist rate?

john_savage1982
12-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Was HT commonly resisted on low blues in classic?

http://i42.tinypic.com/2djs554.png

Flunklesnarkin
12-11-2011, 04:11 AM
idk... can harm touch be resisted at all might be a better question..

either way a picture of one resist... on one monster / type of monster... doesn't really show it as being common ;p

but yah... i know squat about HT... just my 2 cents

Taluvill
12-11-2011, 05:31 AM
I don't recall it resisting at all *shrug*

Morbo the Annihilator
12-11-2011, 06:55 AM
i had 3 HT resists in a row in oasis against a yellow mob and 2 blue mobs.
pretty annoying.

i thought they had the same checks as lifetaps, which should make them pretty hard to resist.

john_savage1982
12-11-2011, 07:11 AM
I routinely get resists or partial resists on HTs. I'll begin to screen shot every time I get a partial or full resist. It happens quite frequently - I once had a HT resist on a green mob. Something tells me this shouldn't be happening.

Seaweedpimp
12-11-2011, 07:17 AM
I routinely get resists or partial resists on HTs. I'll begin to screen shot every time I get a partial or full resist. It happens quite frequently - I once had a HT resist on a green mob. Something tells me this shouldn't be happening.

Well that definately shouldnt happen more than a handfull of times in the servers life.

Roku
12-11-2011, 12:47 PM
i thought they had the same checks as lifetaps, which should make them pretty hard to resist.

Could this have something to do with the resist adjustment made in order to combat the Ivandyr's Hoop cheat? Just speculating.

Truth
12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
I think HT is disease resist, was made unresistable with AAs later on. Anyways, yea if it is so, that guard prolly just had a couple duped Thex Daggers

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=2821

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=13353

Xanthias
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
See I always thought HT was unresistable as it comes from their worship of whatever diety.
As LoH will hit because of a paladin's faith in theirs.

Dunno and I would have thought it was MR as opposed to DR

rigi
12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
i remember being able to HT red cons on classic for full damage. and never got resisted on even cons or blues or greens from what i can remember, occasionally got a partial resist but even that was rare

Truth
12-11-2011, 04:42 PM
nvm that disease -200 is later on.

December 19, 2000 3:00 am
The Shadow Knight's "Unholy Aura" discipline has received an
enhancement. When in use, harmtouch resistances will be checked versus
disease instead of magic. In addition, harmtouch will resist in the
same fashion as lifetap spells, meaning that unless the creature is
immune to disease, you should get full damage most of the time.

doing further research it seems harmtouch sucked p bad til you got disc in Velious

Uthgaard
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM
This exact thread already took place like a week ago. It wasn't disease based, what the AA did was allow SKs to switch from magic to disease check.

Search the forums for the details. It wasn't unresistable, it wasn't hard to resist at all.