PDA

View Full Version : New to server

mognet
04-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Question for the folks here. I'm new to the server and will be starting up once the server is back up. I'm debating on making a healer (shaman) but I'm curious what the healer population is like.

Do the healers of the server tend to hang out looking for groups or are all groups hanging out waiting on a healer?

Thanks!

Aprio
04-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm in the same boat and eagerly await a response to Mognet's question :)

maultar
04-14-2010, 01:37 PM
IMO, low end game (1-20) healers are greatly needed. If it were not for my wife who plays one, I never would have one. When I grouped on an alt we always had a tough time finding a healer.

jilena
04-14-2010, 01:46 PM
There are a LOT of druids and clerics on this server, and probably more shaman than there ever were on live. That said I think healers still have a reasonably easy time finding a group. I've only had a couple of exp groups ever turn down filling a slot with a shaman and they typically already had a couple other low DPS classes.

mitic
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Do the healers of the server tend to hang out looking for groups or are all groups hanging out waiting on a healer?

Thanks!

if you want to start a healer, do it.

about grouping, well ive never put up the /lfg tag once since i actively asked groups in my hunting zone or started groups myself...longest it took me to see the first yellow exp message was 15 minutes so far.

27 bard here so iam not even a needed keyclass.

harojaro91
04-14-2010, 01:59 PM
As a tank, Clerics are generally the last spot that we still need to fill, I've waited over an hour sometimes, and sometimes it takes too long that the group just splits. Can never have too many clerics imo. Way to many shamans and druids. This is the list that I would rank these classes for importance.
1. Cleric
2. Shaman
3. Druid

Bones
04-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Need moar wizards.

Bhutt
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Cleric all the way. I've seen a lot of lower end Shammys. Only 1-2 clerics.

Uaellaen
04-14-2010, 02:21 PM
theres clerics all over >< everyone and his grandma made a cleric twink recently ...

what the server realy lacks in MASSES are wizards, rogues, bards (everyone always tries to recruit my bards ....)

mognet
04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
I realize people want clerics but that really wasn't my desire :). I played a cleric the first time through and was looking to go a different route. I'm not looking for this to be my deciding factor in my class, I'm just curious. Any of the other 4 guys I'm bringing with me can make a healer if they really want one around.

I'll debate it some more over the next couple of days. Thanks for the responses and keep em coming if there are more opinions.

Uaellaen
04-14-2010, 02:31 PM
if a healer, play cleric ... we have way too many druids as it is ... loads of shamans ... cleric has the most unfulfilled demand healer wise ...

mitic
04-14-2010, 02:37 PM
bards (everyone always tries to recruit my bards ....)

rez my 4 corpses on friday in unrest and i would consider to join remedy in 2 or 3 weeks

love
-m.

:D

Aprio
04-14-2010, 07:33 PM
I started out as a cleric back in the day and am looking to avoid it, was considering a druid but they seem to be everywhere, I will roll a shaman alt when Kunark goes live (Iksar Shaman ftw).

At present I'm considering a tank or melee dps (Ranger or Rogue). But didn't Warriors struggle to solo if I recall?

nalkin
04-14-2010, 07:59 PM
At present I'm considering a tank or melee dps (Ranger or Rogue). But didn't Warriors struggle to solo if I recall?

Heh, talk about an understatement. They can't solo at all and they struggle in groups imo.

Bones
04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Heh, talk about an understatement. They can't solo at all and they struggle in groups imo.

This is true. I would strongly suggest going paladin or shadowknight if you want to tank or have any chance at soloing whatsoever.

I have a lvl 21 warrior twink and he cant keep aggro for shit ( lose aggro before the mob even hits 90%) even if I am the puller, and autospamming taunt as soon as it pops up throughout the whole fight.

Or at the very least, if you are set on playing warrior, get 2 obsidian shards first (probably what I need to do for my war )

jilena
04-14-2010, 09:08 PM
The only class that solos worse than a warrior is a rogue which I see you have listed there. SK and Paladin hold aggro better than a warrior as well with next to no loss in tanking ability. I think warrior will pick up some once Kunark hits and you can reasonably solo exp with a war or rogue once you pick up a fungi tunic....

Humerox
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
More monks and bards imo. ~

jilena
04-14-2010, 09:37 PM
WTF Humerox? I clicked on this specifically hoping to find a youtube link...

Volga
04-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Wizard coming up =)

Uaellaen
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
and autospamming taunt as soon as it pops up throughout the whole fight.

and this is why you fail as warrior, wasting taunt ... taunt elevates you by 1 position in the hate list, if you have agro, its wasted ... you are supposed to use taunt when someone else has agro ... but yeah, warrior have it generaly hard to keep agro until they have 2 procing weapons in classic ...

but i as a cleric would take a warrior tanking hard stuff over a SK / Paly any time, its so much nicer to heal a warrior ... guess im just spoiled cause my bro plays a war ;)

EDIT: OMG i didnt read THAT before ...

SK and Paladin hold aggro better than a warrior as well with next to no loss in tanking ability.

lies, i need roughly 2x the amount of heals on a SK of equal level and gear ... at lvl 50

jilena
04-14-2010, 11:38 PM
I would take an SK any day, I think whatever mana efficiency I lose in his slightly fewer HP I make up for in not having to heal anyone else or myself lol.

nalkin
04-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah when I group with a warrior I find myself having to wait till the last possible second to cast my DD. That is, I wait until the mob is at like 30% to where my spell will kill him without wasting to much damage on overkill. But, if I time it wrong I will still pull agro sometimes.

I guess the only good thing about grouping with a warrior vs an SK is that I generally don't run out of mana when grouped with a warrior because im to scared to cast a spell.

JayDee
04-15-2010, 12:02 AM
I guess the only good thing about grouping with a warrior vs an SK is that I generally don't run out of mana when grouped with a warrior because im to scared to cast a spell.

Makes you even less effective though

Uaellaen
04-15-2010, 05:19 AM
well, my brother doesnt have that much trouble holding agro .. course it requires lots of work on his side :P but he holds agro very well .. i usualy only heal him and no one else in group ...

jilena
04-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Well I think I would still choose an SK but obv having a warrior I knew/trusted would make the war a bit more appealing even if not as appealing as the SK. The warrior has to work to do what an SK can do by casting a single spell. And multiple mob aggro? Forget that shit as a warrior. SK can hold as many mobs as I can heal him through. *shrug*

akusei
04-15-2010, 06:41 PM
paladins can just spam lowest level stuns for all that snap aggro. Even if the mob is too high level for the stun, you still get all of the aggro it would normally draw. I loved paladins for that reason

jilena
04-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Stun has a recast though. So not really great for holding multiple mob aggro. They have a lil love here with casting heals to generate some. But still not as easily as an SK.

Nedala
04-16-2010, 11:05 AM
As far as i remember live, i was able to stun nonstop(using low level stuns too, not only high level). I never ever had any aggro problems on my pala, multiple mobs or not.

Cars
04-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Everyone that wants to hit kunark raid targets will be crying out for warriors like its going out of style. The skills they get from 51 to 60 are absolutely essential if u want to drop venril and extremely helpful against all the others. Warriors ftw post .