PDA

View Full Version : Faction from quest turn-ins

Ingrum
12-12-2011, 03:00 AM
So I did my research, prepped the ADHD, and got to farming/buying bone chips a month or two ago for Cabilis faction in order to make my dream of becoming THE Ambassadwarf a reality.

Finally, I turned in the 7,200th bone chip to Trooper Mozo in the Field of Bone tonight. 1,800 turn-ins, a few random outcast iksar kills, and a LOT of carpel tunnel later I was dismayed to find that my faction with Crusaders of Greenmist did not bring me to Dubious, let alone even to Threateningly which would have been understandable.

Now my question is, does this statement from http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Faction hold any weight or is something else going on here?

NOTE: In original classic, once your faction was capped with Iksar Troopers, you were unable to raise it with anywhere else in Cabilis as they all became capped (even if you were at scowling). I'm not sure if it is this way currently on P99, but please be aware of the possibility. It was later fixed on live.

If that cap applies here, which I assume was a bug on live considering it was "fixed" eventually, then I just screwed myself out of a lot of time and effort that I wouldn't expect to be reimbursed.

However if it doesn't, then I need to figure out if faction was reset at some point in the last couple of months, I perhaps lowered faction badly enough from killing 3 tortured librarians or doing some quest turn-ins I wasn't aware of (I know about Drolvarg Teeth), or it's completely bugged and I can make a whiney petition and bug report about it and hope for some divine assistance.

The search function, as well as google, revealed little help on the issue but Brell knows I may missed something.

If anyone has experience with this or is willing to share any info regarding the faction caps then the Embassy of Kaladim would greatly appreciate it. The sooner Ambassadorf Irontoe can join his scaley allies in Cabalis the better!

Cheers folks!

Uthgaard
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Standing with one faction has zero bearing on standing with another faction. Also the 7200 people keep quoting is wrong. It should be 8000, assuming no other faction hits.

Not everyone can get out of KOS with every faction, Cabilis is one example. Some races, classes, and deities are worse off than others.