PDA

View Full Version : Questions about server features and such..

kharise
12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
High... I mean, hi! Forgive my ignorance in advance but here goes:

From what I understand, expansions like PoP are not in effect -- at least the PoK, right? Velious isn't part of P99 either, right? That being said, I understand that this greatly limits travel and we have to revert back to the dreaded boat and sail the seas to get from continent to continent. I also noticed that, in Misty Thicket at least, the druids are absent from the porting circle. I saw them in Commons but they do not respond. Is this part of an expansion that isn't in effect? I joined EQ long ago, just before Velious and PoP so I have limited understanding of classic's features.

I also noticed in Misty Thicket that there are many NPC's and camps that are non-existent -- would this be due to the design of the server or were these sorts of quests and camps added in later expansions? I'm also noticing that low level mobs are rarely dropping common items like bat wings and such... does anyone know the deal with this?

Lastly, I briefly noticed that someone mentioned the red and blue servers being split but that there is some way that they are 'combined' in some sense. I don't understand this at all... will someone elaborate?

Oh and one (for real) last question -- where will we know about future updates and patches if (or when) expansions are activated, allowing for additional features to be used? I vaguely remember the quality of graphics being used on the 99's servers but does anyone have an idea as to when (or again, if) they will be updated in the future?

Thanks so much!!

Kristen
aka Kharise, the little hairy halfling druid.

Tarathiel
12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
velious will be the last expansion added on this server. traveling here is done mainly by porting via wizard or druid. all of the classic port locations are in place. that being said tho as a new player you will probably be running or using the boat until you make some friends that can port or can afford to start paying for them. as far as the red and blue servers go i know that during beta tells could be sent across servers but that was the extent of it. not sure about it now tho cuz i havent played since the server went live