PDA

View Full Version : Mage + Enc or Shaman

JxP
04-14-2010, 04:40 PM
hi,

Which duo would level with the most ease, a magician paired with an enchanter or with a shaman?

Thanks!

Hasbinbad
04-14-2010, 04:53 PM
If by ease you mean "not requiring skill," probably shaman.
If by ease you mean "ability to kill nasty mobs," probably enchanter.

Helnam
04-14-2010, 06:06 PM
you might kill faster with a shaman due to more dps unless your chanter is charming(but i assume you don't have the gear for that).. but having lull while leveling pretty much makes the game easy mode. enchanter makes everything a solo pull and mage /pet attack skills make them able to solo any single non-raid mob.

Hasbinbad
04-14-2010, 06:14 PM
you might kill faster with a shaman due to more dps unless your chanter is charming(but i assume you don't have the gear for that).. but having lull while leveling pretty much makes the game easy mode. enchanter makes everything a solo pull and mage /pet attack skills make them able to solo any single non-raid mob.
Damnit Helnam, I can't believe I answered a SHM vs ENC thread and didn't crack a joke about you lol.

If ANYONE on this server knows WTF they are talking about concerning the differences between SHM and ENC, it's Helnam. Take notes, son.

imcrunchy
04-14-2010, 06:27 PM
mage+cleric. why enc or shaman? don't mages get some sort of self pet haste?

Gorgetrapper
04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Shaman for the heals + extra dps, enc for the CC, single pulling, clarity etc. No need for a cleric.

metax
04-14-2010, 06:49 PM
leveling without crack on a caster is brutal. if you're good at splitting mobs or keeping control in check go with the enc. if not, shaman.

jilena
04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Who needs crack when you have mod rods + heals! Okay I guess that is a good ways in but stillll...

nalkin
04-14-2010, 07:02 PM
I am a mage and I would definitely choose enc to duo with. If you can get single pulls on a mage then you are money. Basically the only time you struggle as a mage is the initial breaking of a camp. After that just chain cast fire pet, no reason to buff or heal. Done and done.

Jify
04-15-2010, 12:21 AM
TORPORRRRRRR.

Shammy + Mage = Unbeatable Kunark combo. Thanks for playing!

Taluvill
04-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Shammy + Mage = Unbeatable Kunark combo. Thanks for playing!

He's right. Even though the (somewhat) recent nerfs to chanters didnt really change all that much, shamans and mages in kunark will own

kevincheese
04-15-2010, 01:11 AM
No heals in a group is brutal though. I don't know what I (enchanter) would do without my necro buddy to heal me :)

Slake
04-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Shamans in any group own.

PERIOD.

Rogean or Nilbog, please close/lock/sticky this thread.

plzkthnx

Helnam
04-15-2010, 03:27 AM
I am a mage and I would definitely choose enc to duo with. If you can get single pulls on a mage then you are money. Basically the only time you struggle as a mage is the initial breaking of a camp. After that just chain cast fire pet, no reason to buff or heal. Done and done.

Yeah shamans have root.. If they're at all decent a shaman/mage and break just about any camp around their level. With that said, because a mage just /pet attacking is not going to kill things too horribly fast gives the shaman time to get full efficiency from their dots. That along side with the wolf pet You'd prolly be killing a decent amount faster with the shammy. Oh and yeah.. SoW ftw much?

Jify
04-15-2010, 08:03 AM
In continuing response.

Mage + Shaman = You win EQ.

Torpor, Epic pet, Slows. Helnam lets duo Trak, Sev, Talendor & Gore when Kunark launches! ;D

zt004
04-15-2010, 09:26 AM
In continuing response.

Mage + Shaman = You win EQ.

This