PDA

View Full Version : Magic Resist vs Other Resists

eqravenprince
12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I've been hunting Upper Guk/Sol A lately and notice casters give me fits. Would pumping up Magic Resist help the most or would other Resists help more? I was thinking of buying a few pieces of MR gear and swapping that gear in when I know I am going to be facing a caster. Right now, I've been concentrating on AC first HP second.

Nirgon
12-14-2011, 11:54 AM
For upper guk, you really want frost resist. The 24+ shams I think can nuke for 143 which is rough, wizards about 170-180ish. If you're solo, I'd avoid caster mobs as a monk. If you're grouped, suggest an ogre/troll bash squad to keep casts locked down.

If you're solo or duoing... I'd visit a diff zone than Sol A or, if you can, just be choosier with your pulls in there. Almost everything in there is like a wizard or cleric or something super annoying.

Messianic
12-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Just don't fight casters. Period.

I basically soloed a monk to 60 on live. Trust me - you won't find efficient soloing trying to kill DS'd, powernuking wizard mobs or slowing/dotting/self-healing shaman mobs.

Go where the getting is good. What level are you?

eqravenprince
12-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Just don't fight casters. Period.

I basically soloed a monk to 60 on live. Trust me - you won't find efficient soloing trying to kill DS'd, powernuking wizard mobs or slowing/dotting/self-healing shaman mobs.

Go where the getting is good. What level are you?

Level 27

usedtobejubaloftorv
12-14-2011, 12:53 PM
risk/reward in sol a was never worth it for anything but farming items as a higher level character

upper guk is a little better but still you're probably eating too many deaths and/or downtime relative to other places you could go

my advice: go to HHK and stay there until level 34

eqravenprince
12-14-2011, 12:59 PM
risk/reward in sol a was never worth it for anything but farming items as a higher level character

upper guk is a little better but still you're probably eating too many deaths and/or downtime relative to other places you could go

my advice: go to HHK and stay there until level 34

I mostly solo, where would you suggest for soloing.

Messianic
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
LoIO is fine through 30. I did 22-30 in a single day there (I think it was like 10 hours or something...). I wasn't that twinked. No FBSS or anything like that - I may have had two KD's, I can't remember exactly.

The giant fort in WW is comparable - despite their size, the greenwoods there hit basically the same as the Iksar Pariahs in the north/west portions of LoIO. The advantage there is those giants are static and you won't get wanderers once you figure out the few roamers.

HK (High Keep) might also be comparable, given there are a number of level 20-24ish guards that are easy enough to solo, always drop a 5pp sword (and you can flop-sneak to bank/sell if you're smooth).

usedtobejubaloftorv
12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
I mostly solo, where would you suggest for soloing.

HHK or MM, you could park yourself in either place for quite a few levels