PDA

View Full Version : Some Ogre SK questions

Healthcare
04-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Played an ogre warrior a bit but once I got the bulk of my skills it felt a little anti-climactic for me as it just became a grind and saving up for shiny armor (which isn't bad) but I feel like I need something a little more. Thinking of rolling an ogre SK once the server comes back up. I actually think ogres look really cool and all those fancy stats and all that jazz are just an additional benefits.

So my questions are:
-What to put points into during creation?
I'm thinking 5 into AGI to reach 75 and not take a hit on AC and putting the rest into STA. However, DEX will still be at 70 and not sure if you take a hit on that too when it's below 75 like AGI.

-General experiences for anyone who played one. Was it a mistake to go Ogre and is Troll basically THE way to go for that regen?

-Just how well do SK's solo in general? Can they solo guards? I ask because I always see people fighting guards in Oggok/Grobb and someday it would be nice to go over to a good city and return the favor.

JayDee
04-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Agi - Most overrated stat in Everquest

You will be approaching 100 agi even with mid level gear at 50 and tbqh it's pretty worthless from my experience.

I dont know the exact amount but after they nerfed agi on live, 5 agi was like 1ac at 50 lololol. Assuming it is the same/similar here.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

JayDee
04-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Sta is big and is still hard to max in velious. Your Int will be shit as an ogre so that should take some consideration. Dex is always important, considering your epic's proc.

Those would be the main 3 I would focus on.

mitic
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM
-Just how well do SK's solo in general? Can they solo guards? I ask because I always see people fighting guards in Oggok/Grobb and someday it would be nice to go over to a good city and return the favor.

lol

Healthcare
04-15-2010, 03:55 PM
According to:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010618210933/eq.castersrealm.com/creationguides/Shadowknight.asp

It recommends:
Ogre: Add 8 Intelligence, 7 Dexterity and 5 Agility

Giving you:
RACE STR STA AGI DEX WIS INT CHA
Ogre 140 127 75 77 67 78 42

Meh, I don't know.

Xumosa
04-15-2010, 03:59 PM
7yr sk and alls i can remember is..stam...stam and more stam...but then again i didnt play an ogre so yeah :/ as for soloing, they are amazing solo'rs as long as there is a place to fear kite

oh and i dont know if its implmented/has been released and nerfed already but if it hasnt...get a circlet of shadows when the invis is instant cast...best sk item in the game..ever

JayDee
04-15-2010, 04:02 PM
7yr sk and alls i can remember is..stam...stam and more stam...but then again i didnt play an ogre so yeah :/ as for soloing, they are amazing solo'rs as long as there is a place to fear kite

oh and i dont know if its implmented/has been released and nerfed already but if it hasnt...get a circlet of shadows when the invis is instant cast...best sk item in the game..ever

7 years and you don't know where CoS drops ? *facepalm*

Drops in Droga which is adjacent to Frontier mountains (Kunark - not released)

Malrubius
04-15-2010, 04:17 PM
7 years and you don't remember where CoS drops ? *facepalm*

Fixed it for you. I played about that long too, and have forgotten a lot of this stuff.

Xumosa
04-15-2010, 05:16 PM
lol thanks...

and yeah it has been awhile.....to say the least

pulling with cos was amazing though could pull FD then jump up and hit cos at same time and still have all aggro dropped

Dangergirl
04-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Agi - Most overrated stat in Everquest

You will be approaching 100 agi even with mid level gear at 50 and tbqh it's pretty worthless from my experience.

I dont know the exact amount but after they nerfed agi on live, 5 agi was like 1ac at 50 lololol. Assuming it is the same/similar here.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Agil is more than that lil bit of AC, it also supposedly allows a better chance for you to be missed completely. I knew a ranger who had 255 agil and swore by it, but never tested it myself.