PDA

View Full Version : iksar planes gear

El B
12-14-2011, 07:28 PM
does anyone know if/when the iksar planes gear will drop?

Rhaj
12-14-2011, 09:47 PM
It was added in Velious I believe.

Tippett
12-14-2011, 10:35 PM

Seems kind of gay, they should just put it in.

Not fair to raid planes without any armor drops :eek:

Galvatar
12-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Weapons? DKP? Fun?

Diggles
12-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Weapons? DKP? Fun?
fun? IN A VIDEO GAME? you are psychotic.

Lindalind
12-15-2011, 04:26 AM
It's a Classic-Kunark server,it doesn't offer planes gear for Iskar yet.
It's fair because that knowledge was out there before you ever made an Iskar character.

Ingrum
12-15-2011, 06:06 AM
It's fair because that knowledge was out there before you ever made an Iskar character.

Well said.

El B
12-15-2011, 03:14 PM

thanks

Xanthias
12-15-2011, 05:58 PM

I understood planes but I always thought that was odd they introduce a new race, yet they can't wear any of the class specific items that came out with that expansion (Warrior-Cobalt, Shaman-JBB & SK-Blood ember).

Nirgon
12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
I'd be curious as to their stated reason for implementing it. Whether it was something they wanted but never got around to doing or just decided Velious was the right time for it.

I wouldn't mind me an iksar warrior knowing what changes were coming for them.

Rais
12-15-2011, 06:53 PM
They added it because they were too lazy to put it in during Kunark and was crunched for time in releasing Kunark. Sony/Varent put off so many things just to try and disprove what the player base said.

Example
Players: There's a exp penalty for hybirds
Sony/Varent : No there isn't.
Many months/year later " Oh yea, there was. We are removing this since it was never intended."

You can make a 1000 word essay on things they didn't intend and changed after the fact and said it was suppose to be classic.

Nirgon
12-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Right, so post the sources and see what up.

Rhaj
12-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I played an Iksar warrior for a little bit live and got some of the planar armor.

Iit was called Legionnaire Scale armor if I recall correctly. I could be wrong on this.

The stats weren't as good as cobalt, but it closed the gap ALOT.

Rhaj
12-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I found some information on the iksar warrior armor. Not sure how accurate it is.

Legionnaire Scale Breastplate

AC 33
Str + 15
Dex + 15
STA + 15
HP + 50
SV Disease + 5
SV Magic + 10
SV Poison +5

Legionnaire Scale Greaves

AC 19
Str + 10
AGI + 5
HP + 20
SV COLD + 5
SV Fire +5

Legionnaire Scale Boots

AC 19
STA + 10
CHA + 10
AGI + 10
HP + 30
SV Disease + 10
SV Poison +5

Legionnaire Scale Bracers

AC 12
Dex + 5
STA + 5
INT + 5
AGI + 5
SV Fire + 10
SV Cold + 10

Legionnaire Scale Gauntlets

AC 16
Str + 5
Dex + 5
HP + 20
SV Poison + 15

Legionnaire Scale Helm

AC 19
Str + 10
Wis + 5
SV Disease + 5
Sv COLD + 5
SV Magic +10

Legionnaire Scale Vambraces

AC 18
Str + 5
Dex + 5
HP + 15
SV Disease + 5
Sv Poison + 5

Legionnaire Scale Vambraces

AC 15
Str +5
AGI +10
HP +35
SV Magic + 5

Rhaj
12-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Greenmist was the SK armor.

Nirgon
12-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Gotta see what their reason for adding it was, but still dates will probably reign supreme.

happyhappy
12-16-2011, 02:48 AM
It would be nice if the Dev's could implement this, would make my Iksar SK worth sticking to since the best gear I can currently get is Dreadscale... which is nothing compared to planar...

They released Iksar planar armor in velious, and gave it "velious" stats, while I agree that it sucks, being an iksar player as well, the armor would be too "powerful" for the current state of the game once you add in iksar racials.

ivosik
12-16-2011, 03:47 AM
should be about a year until you see planar armour on iksars

bizzum
12-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Gotta see what their reason for adding it was, but still dates will probably reign supreme.

I believe their reason for adding it was that originally the iksar had the innate AC bonus, which would make up for them not being able to wear plate. The AC bonus wasn't as great as to be expected, and with new armor sets and new mobs that hit harder coming out, that AC bonus just wasn't going to cut it so they put in armor with higher AC and stats that Iksars could wear.

Fazlazen
12-16-2011, 10:27 AM
The thing with the iksar armor being added as planar drops only in velious is that by the time we can get it, the high level iksars will already have or will be trying to get velious armor, which is much better. I know I will probably try to collect it, but more as an artifact than as a needed item. I know that from a practical standpoint, I would simply skip the armor if it is only released in velious. Like Rais said, it was a mistake on Verant's part to not include those armors until velious. When they finally did fix it, noone cared, because even the thurg armor or the PoG armor is arguably as easy to get as the PoF/PoH armor and is better.

That being said, it is classic and I've already accepted the fact that the armor will probably not be available until Velious.

I would like to see what the gap is between an iksar SK and a regular SK with the greenmist armor atm tho. Currently, if the regular sk is best in slot or close to, I will probably be behind by about 200 ac, while I will be about 100 ac behind a regular well geared SK.

Grizzled
12-16-2011, 10:53 AM
When velious is released iksar planar armor is pretty much junk. The true farm for the iksars will be plate house in kael. Thurg armor has more ac, hp, and saves than planar. In all honesty if people are to desire it, it needs in now. Following the classic timeline is one thing, making the same screw ups sony did is just retardation. This falls in line with greenmist being active quest for 4 years, but broken/bugged before they finally got around to fixing it. I realize making the same mistake as sony is following the timeline, but thats like getting kicked by a mule because someone else did.

Serpator 55 Iksar Shadowknight.

Nirgon
12-16-2011, 12:31 PM
There must be an Iksar here who is so inclined such that he could post a comment from the EQ devs regarding their reason for adding it. I'm thinking they meant to add it, never did, and it'd be a good thing to have available. After all, you don't have to add any new mobs in hate to do it.

I'd like to think the possibility could be entertained with a poll.

I believe their reason for adding it was that originally the iksar had the innate AC bonus, which would make up for them not being able to wear plate. The AC bonus wasn't as great as to be expected, and with new armor sets and new mobs that hit harder coming out, that AC bonus just wasn't going to cut it so they put in armor with higher AC and stats that Iksars could wear.

I think the post regarding that would be a good bargaining chip.

Any dev feel free to step in and shut me down, I'll be quiet about it if the matter is settled.

yaaaflow
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Following the classic timeline is the focus of the server, making the same screw ups sony did is the reason this server emulates classic well.

Extunarian
12-16-2011, 01:24 PM
I will weep for the ungeared, non-iksar shaman when this goes in. Hey look, the last golem of the raid finally dropped something! ...and it's scaled heirophant.

Splorf22
12-16-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't see a problem here. According to the timeline the hate/fear revamp happened 11 months after Kunark . . . which would be February. There aren't that many high level iksar sk/warriors yet anyway.

Lindalind
12-17-2011, 04:34 AM
It's good to hear some support from the community, it would be really great to see this considering it will actually give me something to look forward to after I completed the dreadscale quests!

I guess what I'm looking for is some kind of official word so I know wether to ditch my SK for an iksar monk/necro, or continue down this path :)

Why don't you store your SK and go back to it when Velious and the Iksar armor come out ?

Lindalind
12-17-2011, 07:15 PM
My toon is still 30, if I put it on ice and level another one to 60, I probably wont go back to it :P

That may be, who knows,meantime the other classes are fun too.

But look at from the developers point of view, there are a thousand players all with a thousand different ideas how the server should develop.
Every class and every race has its own pet peeve and every class and race has vocal people who believe they are being short changed.
If they give any one peeve or whine special attention, they will have to give them all special attention and they will never get anything done.

Also everyone of them think they have a valid complaint that should be addressed the same as you do.
And, there is always a few posters posting in favor of whatever the thread of the day happens to be,no sense in even dreaming that it's an up swell of wide support.

So what the developers should do, is stick to their own timeline,fix what they can as they go along and not give any one complaint special attention.

Uthgaard
12-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Lindalind gets it.

Splorf22
12-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey all I'm asking for is the planes revamp on schedule. 100% classic motherfucker here.

Messianic
12-19-2011, 10:34 AM
You're going to be viable without planar gear anyhow. Just play the character you want and deal with those things as they come.

Extunarian
12-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Hey all I'm asking for is the planes revamp on schedule. 100% classic motherfucker here.

On what schedule? 11 months after Kunark, 3 months after Velious....2 years from server launch?

My money is that anything that happened after December 6th, 2000, won't be implemented here until after Velious is released on this server, even if it is seemingly unrelated to that expansion.

Fazlazen
12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
On what schedule? 11 months after Kunark or 3 months after Velious?

11 months after kunark, obviously.

Odonk
12-20-2011, 06:15 PM
well if you want things to be 100% classic "like this server is intended to be" they should return the drop rate of Ivandyrs Hoop to normal as well as food/water consumption rate. Its really only a classic server when they want it to be.

my 2cp

Odonk
12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/images/p99-gold-flat.gif
this should say "Mostly Classic Everquest"

Lindalind
12-22-2011, 03:28 AM
well if you want things to be 100% classic "like this server is intended to be" they should return the drop rate of Ivandyrs Hoop to normal as well as food/water consumption rate. Its really only a classic server when they want it to be.

my 2cp

You must know of another server closer to classic ?