PDA

View Full Version : Your worst corpse run

Heckler
04-17-2010, 12:57 AM
This actually happened to my real life buddy.

---He created a Bard in freeport and decided to run it to Qeynos before school.
---Twinked it with over 100k in gear.
---Was level 5.
---Ran from Freeport to Qeynos and a lion killed him in North Karana.
---He had school in 30 minutes.
---Back then your body had a 30 minute decay timer if you were under level 6.
---He couldn't get a port so he had to run it.
---Made it with under a minute left on his corpse.

Jeebus
04-17-2010, 12:58 AM
/shrug anytime I randomly decided to log on wasted. Run around, get myself killed and then not remember I even played.

Humerox
04-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Meh. All my bad CR's were on Sullon, lol.

guineapig
04-17-2010, 01:02 AM
This actually happened to my real life buddy.

---He created a Bard in freeport and decided to run it to Qeynos before school.
---Twinked it with over 100k in gear.
---Was level 5.
---Ran from Freeport to Qeynos and a lion killed him in North Karana.
---He had school in 30 minutes.
---Back then your body had a 30 minute decay timer if you were under level 6.
---He couldn't get a port so he had to run it.
---Made it with under a minute left on his corpse.

How long ago did they get rid of the 30 minute corpse timer on corpse that had gear?

Nedala
04-17-2010, 01:03 AM
A story from solro:

A lvl 50 guy was bound somwhere he was kos. He fell asleep while online, woke up and was lvl 5 :D

guineapig
04-17-2010, 01:04 AM
How long ago did they get rid of the 30 minute corpse timer on corpse that had gear?

Better yet, how does a bard with selos get killed by a lion especially if he's wearing 100k in armor?

Heckler
04-17-2010, 01:07 AM
This was during the Velious days. I think, only a month or so before Luclin.

Good question Guineapig. I'm not sure how he managed to die with all of that gear. I do remember waiting to hitch a ride to school and him panicking because he died.

guineapig
04-17-2010, 01:40 AM
Sorry to derail the thread. Back on point:

My worst corpse runs have actually been on this server since back when I played on live travel was somewhat easier already and there were so many people online all the time that could help.

Most recently I had a fun corpse run involving server lag. A level 4 or 5 alt of mine died in Crushbone shortly after making the run all the way from Halas. Couldn't find a bind but wasn't worried cause the alt was twinked out pretty well. Of course good gear knowing how to play doesn't help during a lag death. And Halas is the most impossible place to find a port in classic to begin with and half the server was offline anyway due to the lag.

Spud
04-17-2010, 01:41 AM
still one of my scariest experiences in EQ was going into blackburrow for the first time and walking into that tree near the entrance with the false floor. I was like a lvl 7 rogue or something, i tried frantically to find my way out to no avail of course haha. I was a huge noob then and had no chance of finding my corpse and just re-rolled.

Ektar
04-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Wipe in fear and a monk had to loot everyone's corpse and zone out to transfer loot individually

mitic
04-17-2010, 01:44 AM
actually, my worst corpse run was on P99 running from qeynos to fp at lvl 5

1st try: coming from qeynos zoned into highholdpass, thought "np on live there have been like 4 gnolls, can outrun them" different story here...had like 15 gnolls instakilling me

2nd try: coming from qeynos again, zoned into runyeye, thought "np on live there have been some low mobs at zone in, ill just outrun them" wrong again...mobs chainrooting me, died again

3rd try: a druid sowed and invised me, worked :D

mitic
04-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Wipe in fear and a monk had to loot everyone's corpse and zone out to transfer loot individually

wth lol

Ganois
04-17-2010, 05:42 AM
When i was around 21 or so I was bound in Oasis of Marr on the docks (I think thats correct its been quite a few years). I was sitting on my bind spot like an experienced player and someone trained a sand giant to the docks. I died over and over and over until a cleric died taking aggro from the mob to move the mob away from me. I was like 16 when I started hunting again.

Wargazm
04-17-2010, 06:28 AM
heh, corpse greifing was fun on Sullon Zek when 2 of ur guildmates would camp an enemies corpse while you camped his bind point

Brut
04-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Was trying to turn in militia helmets to the paladin guild in Nfp, tried to FD flop next to the turn-in guy, turn em in, run out, FD again at safe place, invis and get out (they were still deep kos at the time... ogre SK's have it rough, especially when they have fun and max kos with the pallys at some point somewhere ><).

First attempt: you have fallen to the ground. Bound at oggok, ran back to get corpse.
Second attempt: you have fallen to the ground. Bound at oggok, ran back to get corpse.
Third attempt: you have fallen to the ground. Bound at oggok, ran back to get corpse.
Fourth attempt, managed to turn in helmets, got stunspammed to death while trying to get out of there. Bound at oggok, logged out in rage.

Imma count em as one CR since that was maximum BS. ><

Examino
04-17-2010, 11:31 AM
A story from solro:

A lvl 50 guy was bound somwhere he was kos. He fell asleep while online, woke up and was lvl 5 :D

same thing happened to me.

with my ranger, was bound at the WFP gate, somehow i became KOS and didnt know, died later on and kept dying in a spawn loop. lost 3-4 levels at 30+ before it recognized that I DC'd...then i had to have friends come help me ..:(

firesyde424
04-17-2010, 12:00 PM
On live, seven or eight years ago, I was sitting on my Necro in HHK, killing the guards and nobles upstairs. I was level 52, I believe. I had logged in and bound my self downstairs. For God only knows what reason, I left bind affinity on my spell bar and started kiting. At some point in there, I'm not sure when, I ended up binding myself right where I was kiting them.

An hour or two later, I ended up with a bad pull and died.... only to respawn right where I had just died. Over the next hour, in the process of trying to get away, I lost two levels. Even with 90% rezzes, I still was out a good 1/4 of a level.

twizztid
04-17-2010, 04:25 PM
A story from solro:

BRUTALLLLLLL

Tallenn
04-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Right after Kunark came out, had a guildie that bound in firepots room- inevitably, got into a death loop from Faydedar.

What was worst was that it caused me to rethink being bound there, so I changed my bind. Not long after, I realized it had been a mistake- firepot bind was worth the risk, but by then it was too late.

Taluvill
04-17-2010, 08:22 PM
On here, Lost 2 bodies in the lava in sol a while leveling up. Luckily, there were enough people there to help me recover( that was the original mad leveling train)

On live, i was 9 years old, and lost my body in the freeport area when i was level 12 because my dad killed me and had to go to work -_-. He accidentally died to a griffon in EC before getting to Freeport, so i had to corpse run from qeynos. No fun... = (

xepherious
04-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I once had to CR from the bottom of Dalnir on a brand new server where I was one of the highest levels. My monk friend dragged my body to the zone out (died past the one way) and there were mobs in aggro range of my looting it. He broke invis first and tanked them mobs until he was about to die, then he zoned and i tanked the 4 mobs until I was about to die, zoning with like 5% health after barely finishing looting my corpse.

Shannacore
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Make friends with all the boy clerics on the server and you will not need to run!

President
04-19-2010, 04:20 PM
yeaaaaa

Skaff
04-19-2010, 04:52 PM
My worst was inside the Kunark era. Basically a small raid was somewhere deep in the royals area and one mistake (either it was from bugged pathing or a bad pull... cant remember) caused the entire raid to wipe. All the corpses were impossible to recover by ourselves. Eventually a small collection of people came to clear out the entrance to the zone and eventually a necro could safely summon all of our corpses. The process lasted so many hours and I felt like absolute crap for school the next day.

Kennebec
04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
My worst run was sometime in 2000, finally got some gear and cash on my human ranger who dared to start exploring EK at level 13. Wandered up a road, saw some ogres and conned them. They were all happy to see me it seems until I got close and the chief nailed me right fast :-) All my gear and money were on the character and I couldn't find the corpse. Spent a week of evenings after work looking for it before I gave up.

I'm really glad to be back in classic!!

Xumosa
04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
im surprised no one has said this yet

Plain Of Growth!!! worst place ever for corpse runs >< those protectors of growth that spawned every 30mins if they were up and your guild wiped...or group or whatever and you didnt have a bard to kite them around....you were screwed

mgellan
04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
I was about a 25-30 Shaman with a newly completed set of Totemic - and I was lookin' goooooood.

You know that message when you /follow "Don't do it around water cliffs etc.?" It's especially important not to auto-follow when entering Paineel and skirting The Hole.

Yep, one shiny Shaman, into The Hole. I even had a chance to open my spellbook, and try to mem Levitate on the way down LOL. Not that it would have done me any good. I landed at the feet of Master Yael (?) and died.

If I didn't understand why someone might put a gun to their heads over a game, I understood then - after an hour of frantic pleading a wonderful Necro summoned my corpse and an equally wonderful Cleric rezzed me, good as new. Cost me all the plat I had for a coffin but boy was I happy :)

Striiker
04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
My worst experience ended in a failed CR.
In 2000, I was moving to Florida from Alberta (in Canada). I had my Lvl 50 Wizard and was having a look around just before I had to finalize my packing as the movers were coming. This new zone had opened and I wanted to go have a quick look. It was called 'The Hole'. No problems! I ported to Tox and headed into Paineel. I cast levitate on me and headed into the hole via the huge hole on the ground.. (the wrong way, not through the proper entrance) I zone in, levitation was gone and I plummeted to my death at the bottom.. Crap! Okay, I will try the same approach but cast levitate once I zone it and then float down... Nope! Dead again, next to my other corpse (and many others who also fell to their death). I tried a few more and then actually took time to read the patch notes / message of the day. It mentioned that levitate does not work in the zone.. Doh! I petitioned and explained to the guide that I was moving and had to leave that day and would not be back online for a couple of weeks and didn't want to lose my corpse. He explained hat he was not allowed to help or res me. So, I shut down my system and moved the next day. When I finally was able to get back on, my corpse was gone along with all of my gear.. Manastone, Box of AbuKar, SMR, GBS, etc. All of it off mobs which I had killed.(nothing bought). I tried playing him after that but it was not the same (with garbage gear.). I wound up retiring him and rolled my enchanter which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Spud
04-19-2010, 06:21 PM
hahaha these are some epic CR stories, great thread.

this the reason why EQ is better than anyother MMORPG, there is serious risk involved.

Tallenn
04-19-2010, 07:06 PM
The one time I thought I might lose everything was my second time ever in Fear. It was my guild's first real raid, and for most of them, the very first time they had been there. Me and a couple of others had been invited as guests of another guild's raid a couple of weeks before.

Of course, the inevitable happened (how many guilds haven't wiped on their very first attempt to break Fear?). We tried for about 5 hours, trying different methods to get in and get our corpses back, but nothing worked. Finally, after an 8 hour raid that hadn't even managed to kill a single mob, another guild came to our rescue- the same one that a few of us had gotten to raid with earlier, in fact.

They went in and broke the camp, dragged all of our corpses to the west wall and rezzed them. The people who had logged off(it was like 3 AM at this point) had to get help later, as they couldn't give consent for drags.

We learned our lessons well though. Our next Fear raid went perfectly, and we never wiped there again.

President
04-19-2010, 09:03 PM
I couldn't think of my worst CR story until thie above was posted. I was never really guilded until Luclin era but used to lead pick-up Hate/Naggy raids on my server. Just sent out tells until I got 30+ people together and port up or head to naggy. You can guess they went about as well as a 15 year old leading raids with random people in places hed never been, but we did decently well. <2 hours to start killing stuff in Hate and didn't wipe too often to naggy. It almost started to get a little popular with the non-raid guilded people, and one day we decided pick-up fear raid! yay! Of course I had no clue what the fuck I was doing but I was leading the raid, getting some help from others who had been there before. I think it was around 10 hours of attempting before we finally got enough people in the corner to kill mobs/CR everyone, at which time I had to log and probably handed over the raid leader reigns to someone much more qualified.

Mournblade
06-14-2010, 11:02 PM
My worst (out of many) CR was on my way to a Tormax raid with my guild. I got turned around in Kael and ended up dead inside Iceshard Keep. My guild dropped everything and came to rescue me. I felt like crap and happy to have such good friends at the same time.

/salute Band of the Broken Bow

Reiker
06-14-2010, 11:43 PM
a) Plane of Fear, don't need to say much more. Multiple hours spent on corpse recoveries without killing a single mob, a lot of us have been there.

b) During PoP they revamped the Droga zone and added higher level mobs / better drops. Two items in particular were extremely valuable, so I used to camp them on my shaman a LOT. My shaman was ntov/luclin raid geared. Well, one day something went wrong and I died. No big deal, I ran back over to where I died, only I couldn't find my corpse. I typed /corpse and it said I didn't have a corpse in the zone. This is where I started panicking, somehow my corpse had auto-poofed right when I died. It took me a long time of petition escalations to finally talk to the #2 GM on the server. He said the only person who had any power to look into the issue and possibly reimburse my gear was the server's GM Admin. Unfortunately, he just happened to be on vacation for a week. It was even longer than that before I was able to get in touch with him, and his response was basically I was screwed because "I waited too long."

This is when I quit EQ.

AstyTZ
06-14-2010, 11:46 PM
The only CR that really sticks out in my mind was on Tallon Zek. I was just strolling through SRo on my level 30-something shaman and I spot the AC. I pull him and dot him up, and I'm so nervous fighting him that I'm visibly shaking... I was 13 at the time, couldn't control my excitement, what can I say. I knew that if I got that ring, I could MQ it and be "rich" (MQs were selling for a lot back then). Anyway, I've got him at about 40%, and two druids show up and start snaring/dotting/nuking me. They were both a little lower, and I turned around for a moment and tried to fight... but I'm thinking no, I've got to get the AC down before they kill me and take it.

In desperation, I start spam-nuking the AC, and I drop him when I'm at about 5%. I know that his prized drop is the ring that everyone wants MQ'ed all the time, so I quickly right click the body, and there it is. The ring. First thing that caught my eye... he had a FS weapon and something else too that I really didn't get a chance to look at. So I right click the ring and die immediately after.

--You have looted a Silver Ring.--

You have got to be kidding me. I'm bound in Grobb, so I am busting my ass back to SRo to get to the body before it unlocks. I get there, and one of the halflings is looting the body. I'm pleading with them to not take the ring, then the halfling gets off the body, and it sparkles away. I was so upset, and so mad at myself that for not knowing that the "ring" actually looks more like a belt.

Lazortag
06-15-2010, 12:00 AM
I've never died in Everquest, ever, so I've never had a bad corpse run. What's dying like?

Qaedain
06-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Soloing in Hate during the Ykesha-era revamp. As I was working deeper into the zone from the new port-in, I flubbed a Magi P`Tasa pull and got clobbered.

As you might begin to imagine, it's rather difficult to recruit a Wizard, a Cleric and a Necro to pull your sorry ass out of a zone nobody on the server is actively raiding, or has raided in years.

Took me a good 2 days to convince all the right people.

Aeolwind
06-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Any run involved in whole or in part with Siren's Grotto or Western Wastes.

-Didn't have a Pegasus Cloak then.
-Gnomes couldn't tinker lev items yet.
-Did have an invis item.

Even though I wasn't KOS to dragons, it -never- failed that a wolf, worm or that stupid ROS dragon out there would track me down from 12000 miles away and turn me into a Rorschach test in the snow.

Kornaki
06-15-2010, 09:02 AM
My dad once died in a bugged pool of blood in crushbone back on live with a low level ranger... think he was blinded by a shaman mob or something, I don't really remember how he got in there. Anyway, he jumps back into the pool to loot the corpse, and when he tries to get out he fails. Not only can he not get out of the pool, he can't even get to fresh air and drowns to death 30 seconds later. He figures he'll figure it out later and leaves for work. A week later he remembers that his ranger died in crushbone, and he logs on to discover he lost all the gear.

How do you forget that your ranger died? Shouldn't that be default? Oh, let me log onto everquest to corpse run my ranger... huh, he didn't die last session

Aeolwind
06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
How do you forget that your ranger died? Shouldn't that be default? Oh, let me log onto everquest to corpse run my ranger... huh, he didn't die last session

I had a 36 ranger in WW to track the bane dragon & nameds. He had 1 gate potion on him for when we were done with that stupid dragon lol. He didn't die =(. I even got him across SG without a Succor =P.

Spirell
06-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I remember dieing deep in seb once, before the keys were soulbound, and having to do the sebilis key quest naked so that I could zone in and get a necro summon. That sucked.

Gaaaaavin
06-15-2010, 09:15 AM
I still remember one particular corpse run in Seb. Now this was the first time I had ever been inside, my friends and I had just gotten keyed and we were very excited! We pulled frogs at the entrance and were doing so well we decided to go further in... where we promptly died a gruesome death.

Now, to understand the true pain of this, you need to know that I played on the Test Server, which had a population similar to that of P99, and Seb was not heavily camped and full of players. In fact, we had been the only ones in the zone at the time of our untimely deaths. But we make it back and, being a rogue, I stealthed in to drag our bodies to the front. Unfortunately, parked in my path is a frog who SEES ME. Still I figure I can sneak past. Wrong. Now I have two corpses in Sebilis. So thanks to this see invis frog, we're screwed. It's creeping into the early hours of the morning and I died once more trying to sneak past the damn thing. Three dead Gaavins now line the halls of Sebilis.

This was somewhat upsetting.

Then, luckily for us, a group came along that was far more capable of handling the mobs. They cleared out a few, including that see invis bastard, and their rogue (who was a good friend of mine at the time) stealthed in and drug us out where their cleric rezed us. I had been in tears (yes I'm a girl and I cried over a video game) before they came along and their kindness was really overwhelming.

It took a long time before I was brave enough to enter Sebilis again after that trauma.

Zordana
06-15-2010, 09:17 AM
my worst CR on p99 was:

playing my brothers cleric, camping the manastone..
i got trained by an enchanter who charmed the highest mob in that zone, brought it to the manastone camp and logged out.. as soon as he logged out, the charm broke and the mob got mad and cleared the camp.. (there were like 5 or 6 other guys waitin to take over the camp, all AFK)..
i got back, rez'd myself, and RIGHT when i pressed YES the evil eye spawned (i didnt have it timed) and nuked me to death again.. i ran up there again, kinda raging, almost biting my keyboard, found a corpse of EE laying there with a bag..
i rez'd myself again, did med up and he spawned again.. nuked 2 times in a row, i had like 80% hp left, then he nuked the crap outa me and interrupted me everytime and ALMOST killed me again cause i couldnt get the nuke through.. since then i casted a heal after every nuke and he couldnt touch me anymore...

you will ask "why the hell didnt you use DB/DA?" - im not used to playing a cleric so i totaly forgot about that and it was like 10 AM and i was still awake so kinda tired too..

Tpyo
06-15-2010, 09:18 AM
I think my worst corpse run took place during the Luclin Era.

I was grounded from the internet for like, 6 months due to poor grades, and my EverQuest account was cancelled and I lost all my account information, and had to start from scratch... so I decided to make a druid. Luclin had come out while I was MIA, so I was fortunate enough to play in Paludal Caverns.

Found a group who decided to camp in the most obscure part of the zone... I was horribly lost by the time we settled.

Very abruptly, our tank logged out and everyone gated but myself (I think I was afk for a minute and missed that the group was breaking up) and came back to find myself under attack by one of those phlarg fiends. I bolted and started running, taking random turns and crossing bridges, completely unable to find anything that looked like a zone line until, BAM, dead end. A train of untold slaughter plowed through the little choke point and made quick work of my little halfling body.

After a few choice words with my computer monitor, i looked back to the chat log to see, right above 'loading, please wait' something akin to "a patog phlarg fiend spits up digestive fluids on the corpse to make it decay faster"

I panicked... decay, faster?! I quickly ran to the zone and /shouted "how long does it takes corpses to decay that phlarg fiends have killed" Someone in the zone responded it was an hour. So, frantically I scour the zone, looking for my body, dieing over and over. I pleaded with my guild, and no one would help me find my corpse. The hour marker ticked by and I pulled my computer plug and walked away for the computer. Didn't manage to get myself back on for a week out of spite, only to find out that it was merely an emote, and didn't really decay your corpse faster... now the week was up and my corpse was gone. GMs wouldn't help me.

I rerolled a bard on Xegony and it was the best decision ever.

Xenephex
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
My dad once died in a bugged pool of blood in crushbone back on live with a low level ranger... think he was blinded by a shaman mob or something
I've died in that pool of blood and there was no bug involved. Just a very new player who had no idea how to swim.

My worst CR by far was actually a whole series of them shortly after Velious was released. Somebody in Freeport had showed me some of the no-drop armor from Skyshrine and told me people were 'rotting' the stuff all the time and all you had to do was be there to get some (he probably didn't actually say 'rotting', as no-drop items in group zones were almost unheard of).

Anyway, I decided I was going to run my 35 Paladin there, come hell or high water. I used the EQ Atlas map of Kael and some invis potions (which didn't warn you back then). I took a wrong turn in Kael and ended up dead, panicked and had no idea where my corpse was.

I had no clue about corpse summoning, and also didn't know that you could get bound at the entrances to Kael, so I was bound in Kaladim.

To make a long story short - after a lot of hours over 2 days - many, many corpses and well back down into level 34, I finally just stopped playing for about a month and came back later and started a new character.

twincannon
06-15-2010, 09:45 AM
"a patog phlarg fiend spits up digestive fluids on the corpse to make it decay faster"

... only to find out that it was merely an emote, and didn't really decay your corpse faster

LOL, as fail as luclin and paludal caverns are, that is brilliant.

Adramelk
06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
guess it was a matter of time, frok. :p

<-gene/kainazzo/presarius from Tribunal, tastive from HoN~

Madradh
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm actually on my worst CR ever at this very moment. :P

Yoite
06-15-2010, 12:30 PM
oh boy i can def remember my, well our(my friend and I) worst CR ever. we were always hunting in howling stones. Our guild warned us over and over of the dangers of that place but we loved it. no one ever came in there, probably b/c they knew better. But we were a crazy duo of druid and beastlord. well, not only does this dungen have a key to get in, which at this point in the game was soulbound thank god, but each "wing" of the dungen needs a key that drops from a mob in the previous wing.

well we died in the 3rd or 4th wing. totally fucking ourselves. We tried to recover the corpses but with the combo of undead and live mobs and the keyed wings we couldn't. We finally spoke up in guild chat about what we had done. After hearing I told you so about 40 times we discovered hardly anyone was keyed for that zone and so they couldn't come help us recover. We were still pretty new in this guild too. We finally convinced an officer monk who didnt like us much to begin with, to come and summon our corpses using some stone she had with limited charged of summon corpse. She was pretty upset with us for a long while, one for losing our corpses in there after warning us, and two for wasting her charges on saving us. But after that we knew this was a great guild and we stayed with them for a long time, eventually becoming officers and raid leaders.

Funny how a lot of our worst CRs were also great turning points for us in the game.

Reiker
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
oh boy i can def remember my, well our(my friend and I) worst CR ever. we were always hunting in howling stones. Our guild warned us over and over of the dangers of that place but we loved it. no one ever came in there, probably b/c they knew better. But we were a crazy duo of druid and beastlord. well, not only does this dungen have a key to get in, which at this point in the game was soulbound thank god, but each "wing" of the dungen needs a key that drops from a mob in the previous wing.

well we died in the 3rd or 4th wing. totally fucking ourselves. We tried to recover the corpses but with the combo of undead and live mobs and the keyed wings we couldn't. We finally spoke up in guild chat about what we had done. After hearing I told you so about 40 times we discovered hardly anyone was keyed for that zone and so they couldn't come help us recover. We were still pretty new in this guild too. We finally convinced an officer monk who didnt like us much to begin with, to come and summon our corpses using some stone she had with limited charged of summon corpse. She was pretty upset with us for a long while, one for losing our corpses in there after warning us, and two for wasting her charges on saving us. But after that we knew this was a great guild and we stayed with them for a long time, eventually becoming officers and raid leaders.

Funny how a lot of our worst CRs were also great turning points for us in the game.

How did he summon both of your corpses? Pretty sure the item you're referring to us http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=5738 which is lore and 1 charge.

Yoite
06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
he only summoned mine.

i got primal's back by running through the wings agroing everything, and dragging his corpse then i droped it at the ent and used Exodus and zone pluged, waited about 5mins for everything to path back, then loged back in.

Reiker
06-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Ah, nice.

Charasis is probably my favorite dungeon in EQ. Most don't bother even getting a key, and it can be really fun progressing through the wings with a good group. Pretty good loot, too. It's like the Befallen of Kunark, only worth going to :)

Walabaego
06-15-2010, 01:15 PM
I think the worst was the first time I discovered the trap hole in the tree in BlackBurrow :(

scecie
06-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Probably a classic example from Fear on the Fennin Ro server. We wiped out on the north wall fighting one of the mini bosses and I was using my monk trying to retrieve corpses to a safe spot. When we started I was about 50% to max XP in level 50 and I ended up dying enough to de-level me to about 75% into level 49. This was mostly due to my own impatience and stupidity.

Yoite
06-15-2010, 01:46 PM
ya i loved HS despite all the dangers. And once ya got the master keyed quest completed it wasn't as bad once ya died. But i dont know how i would have done half the crazy shit i did on my druid without Exodus. probably my favorite AA

Qaedain
06-15-2010, 02:06 PM
I love this thread so much. Some of these stories are hilarious.