PDA

View Full Version : Question!!

Okkusenman_110Million
12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
So it's Christmas time, and I'm gonna go ahead and buy Everquest Titanium's edition (that's the right one for playing on the server, right?) If I do, must I uninstall my current Everquest? It's the House of Thule expansion. Sorry if this has already been answered, if it has I'm unable to find it. Thanks in advance, mates! :cool:

bizzum
12-20-2011, 07:06 PM
You can have both installed, but most likely you will have to move your House of Thule installation if the directory that Titanium will go to is the same as HoT. Probably just copy paste it out, install Titanium, then rename the Titanium EQ folder to P99 or something as it will not affect the game, and then copy HoT back to where it was.

Then you will have two different folders for each game in your C:\Program Files\Sony folder (if thats the default destination). From there if you follow the normal Getting Started instructions for P99 you should be able to play both from different executable files.

Slopknight
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
You can have 2 install of everquest on your system, since this game doesnt really "install"

It's just a copy.

bizzum
12-20-2011, 07:13 PM
You can have 2 install of everquest on your system, since this game doesnt really "install"

It's just a copy.

If he had titanium from the start that would be true, but he wouldn't be able to play if he copied his HoT files over. Pretty sure hes going to have to install Titanium fresh.

Slopknight
12-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Yes you're right, i am just saying the game just copy itself to the harddrive.

I mean if you reinstall windows, you dont need a fresh install of EQ, unlike most game that need to be "installed"

Norok
12-25-2011, 06:23 PM
When I first heard about this server I simply could not wait to try it out. That meant not waiting to go to the store (unlikely to have it) or waiting for it to come through the mail.

I was a little more clever about obtaining the software in a digital format. So as to not violate any rules or copyrights I will not provide direct links to pirated software. I will, however, ask you to educate yourself on modern peer to peer file sharing protocols. Where you go from there is up to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

Pomaikai
12-26-2011, 01:48 AM
The correct answer to any important question is always, "42".