PDA

View Full Version : Place for Price checks?

nightfall
12-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Is there any online database or anything that can give me rough estimates of what items on P99 are worth?

those of us who are somewhat new to the server and don't follow the economy could use some help pricing our wares!

Thanks for the help!

Stigs
12-21-2011, 01:29 PM
The Wiki has an auction tracker which is quite useful.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Main_Page

usedtobejubaloftorv
12-22-2011, 11:06 PM
The problem is that the auction tracker tracks prices desired, which may or may not have any relation to prices actually paid.

If someone auctions that they want to sell a fine steel dagger for a million pp, that goes in the database I believe.

Flunklesnarkin
12-22-2011, 11:48 PM
I do think the auction tracker could use some improvement.. maybe a way to put in looking to sell or looking to buy option somewhere

skorge
12-23-2011, 05:58 AM
Is there any online database or anything that can give me rough estimates of what items on P99 are worth?

those of us who are somewhat new to the server and don't follow the economy could use some help pricing our wares!

Thanks for the help!

Just do a search on these forums for the item you want to buy or sale and you will get a good idea on what the item is worth. Ignore that auction tracker thing, it will result in retarded values (someone joking might result in retarded prices).

liveitup1216
12-23-2011, 07:15 AM
the auction tracker is okay to get a rough ballpark, but since its based off logs people upload, it can be wildly innacurate. it can give you a clue atleast if you have absolutely no idea.

Gert Groinwounder
12-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Another problem with the item tracker is I've found quite a few items being sold in the tunnel not even listed on the site...

falkun
12-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Just do a search on these forums for the item you want to buy or sale and you will get a good idea on what the item is worth. Ignore that auction tracker thing, it will result in retarded values (someone joking might result in retarded prices).

Ravhin could explain better and confirm, but I'm pretty sure the auction tracker has some filtering it does to exclude obsene prices (for instance filtering out things over 1 or 2 standard deviations from the established mean).

Another problem with the item tracker is I've found quite a few items being sold in the tunnel not even listed on the site...

The auction tracker exists on the wiki. A wiki is meant to be updated by its users. If you see an item that does not exist in the wiki already, there are tools on the wiki to add the items to it, utilize them. The wiki is only as strong as the user community that builds it.

The problem is that the auction tracker tracks prices desired, which may or may not have any relation to prices actually paid.

If someone auctions that they want to sell a fine steel dagger for a million pp, that goes in the database I believe.

I've already mentioned the filtering that I believe exists. Also, if you feel the value is different (higher or lower) than what the auction tracker provides, the Bazaar does NOT exist on this server. The economy is specifically set up to encourage haggling and negotiations. The auction tracker is meant to be a guide, but don't take it as written in stone and feel free to send the seller/buyer a tell and work out your own deal.

The auction tracker is specifically designed for the OP's intended purpose (emphasis added myself):

Thanks for the help!

Beyond that is for the realm of negotiation.

Shaakglith12194
12-23-2011, 07:47 PM
The wiki is a great resource and should be updated as much as possible. Saw a dude selling a Tree Weave the other day and upon inquiring price, he asked 1k. I thought that might be a bit high, checked the wiki, counter-offered 800, and got the item for 800.

Flunklesnarkin
12-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I think it'd be nice to put in rough estimates of the low / high sell price to npc's on the wiki as well

could be helpful deciding what to toss and what to carry when your out farming.

Wizerud
12-24-2011, 01:56 AM
The tracker on the Wiki is more useful if you look at the complete price history of an item. That way you can take into account the extreme prices which contribute towards the average selling price.