Cymbal
12-23-2011, 08:39 PM
im using the effect from

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk

on myself,

not taking a lick of damage, not even 1

Verdu
12-23-2011, 10:51 PM
It does dmg, about 4 per tic, for 3 tics. It will wear on the 4th, but do no dmg on that tic.

Cast on another player to get the actual damage report. Casting on yourself you probably regen faster than it does damage.

Either way, it's useless aside from stripping sow.

Cymbal
12-23-2011, 11:53 PM
yeah its working , regen items pretty much cancel it out but why is it like that , shouldnt it do dmg ?

Kastro
12-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Once players start to get good resists cling darkness becomes an uber spell in group pvp as its hard to resist, costs little mana and gives the assist train long enough time to steamroll the target or at least give you enough time t land a dooming or cascading... But yeah as far as damage in pvp its worthless... But who cares.

Arillious
01-18-2012, 03:16 PM
When you cast dots on yourself you do not see the damage. HP goes down but you don't get the damage message.

Source: Casted dots on myself 5 minutes ago.

Darwoth
01-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Once players start to get good resists cling darkness becomes an uber spell in group pvp as its hard to resist, costs little mana and gives the assist train long enough time to steamroll the target or at least give you enough time t land a dooming or cascading... But yeah as far as damage in pvp its worthless... But who cares.

not sure what game your talking about because in everquest none of the darkness line landed for shit against a target with any mr to speak of.

Nizzarr
01-19-2012, 08:16 AM
not sure what game your talking about because in everquest none of the darkness line landed for shit against a target with any mr to speak of.

Cymbal
01-19-2012, 12:22 PM
its disease based, works more often than engulfing and dooming

Darwoth
01-19-2012, 10:32 PM
if thats true and it is disease based thats even worse in terms of actual resistability since my disease resistance has always been my lowest (much lower than mr) and dont think i have ever had a clinging darkness land until this server.

lethdar
01-20-2012, 03:18 PM
its disease based, works more often than engulfing and dooming

You trollin bro? It is and always has been magic resist

Cymbal
01-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Resist: Magic guess i was wrong

point of this post was i never saw my hp go down, with regen item on.

it stil breaks mez etc so i dont care but, jusr a display bug i guess

DoucLangur
01-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Resist: Magic guess i was wrong

point of this post was i never saw my hp go down, with regen item on.

it stil breaks mez etc so i dont care but, jusr a display bug i guess

Clinging darkness is very low damage (5hpish per tic). Then there's maybe a pvp penalty for dots? You would never see your hitpoints drop with regen item on. You'd just see a reduced regen.