PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Whirl Till You Hurl

Doors
12-30-2011, 01:35 AM
There's a reason this didn't work on live. Like fear it should also be disabled in PVP. 20 second stuns that are spammable before the cool down refreshes and the stun wears off should not be on this server.

Ninja
12-30-2011, 02:10 AM
There's a reason this didn't work on live. Like fear it should also be disabled in PVP. 20 second stuns that are spammable before the cool down refreshes and the stun wears off should not be on this server.

Cast
12-30-2011, 02:53 AM
yawn, root refreshes before i can cast a pumice and I can't break with selos.

this spell had NUMEROUS versions in the year 1999. this rendition is in line with what I played

Doors
12-30-2011, 03:01 AM
Root is a movement modifier. Whirl till you hurl is a stun.

Like I will literally be nuked from full hp to zero in the duration of one whirl till you hurl before it breaks. I don't understand how you can even argue that this shit should be the way it is whenever charm and fear aren't working.

Doors
12-30-2011, 03:04 AM
Like I am well aware of the fact that having a high enough MR will make you immune to whirl but with tash that is also completely irrelevant.

I've also dropped redcon players (Dotchya) while they were stunlocked the entire time from whirl. For 20 plus seconds they stood there unable to do anything while chain nuked upon, etc.

If this shit isn't going to be adjusted correctly then there needs to be some sort of check that breaks it as soon as someone takes damage. Eating full nukes under tash while being stunned for the entire duration from 100% to 0% is approaching moronic levels. Cast is simply trolling because half of Holocaust rolled enchanters to abuse this game mechanic.

Wands fixed, mage swords fixed, now lets fix whirl till you hurl. Keep working towards balancing the server and the population will improve.

Ninja
12-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Wands fixed, mage swords fixed, now lets fix whirl till you hurl. Keep working towards balancing the server and the population will improve.

Fighting the good fight.

Reikerx
12-30-2011, 11:20 PM
this spell had NUMEROUS versions in the year 1999. this rendition is in line with what I played

So you only played the first 2 weeks of EQ? The whirl line was the first spell nerf in the history of EQ after a group hit level 50 solely by perma-whirling everything.

In other words, you're lying again.

Tuffpuppy
12-31-2011, 09:01 PM
The only time I used it on live was spamming it on myself as a novelty, because it was useless otherwise. Resisted atleast 9 out of 10 times.

Nizzarr
01-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Is this gonna get looked at? or we leaving a 10+ sec stun spell in? its landing too much right now and game breaking.

Cast
01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Is this gonna get looked at? or we leaving a 10+ sec stun spell in? its landing too much right now and game breaking.

No its classic, I'm sorry you didn't have foresight into what PVP was like circa 1999, welcome to everquest.

Nizzarr
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM
No its classic, I'm sorry you didn't have foresight into what PVP was like circa 1999, welcome to everquest.

Hello, welcome to everquest. Dont you remember it was nerfed within 2 or 3 weeks of release?

thanks for posting though, im sure all the devs already have you on ignore by now.

Cast
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Hello, welcome to everquest. Dont you remember it was nerfed within 2 or 3 weeks of release?

thanks for posting though, im sure all the devs already have you on ignore by now.

thats not true I talk to Null and Sirken in AIM all the time, Rogaine and Lady Nilbog on IRC, and my main bitch Amey-linda in game.

Looks like you just got shit on. Only people that leaves are afguard and guineatoad, aka your buddies - loser.

Ninja
01-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Like I am well aware of the fact that having a high enough MR will make you immune to whirl but with tash that is also completely irrelevant.

I've also dropped redcon players (Dotchya) while they were stunlocked the entire time from whirl. For 20 plus seconds they stood there unable to do anything while chain nuked upon, etc.

If this shit isn't going to be adjusted correctly then there needs to be some sort of check that breaks it as soon as someone takes damage. Eating full nukes under tash while being stunned for the entire duration from 100% to 0% is approaching moronic levels. Cast is simply trolling because half of Holocaust rolled enchanters to abuse this game mechanic.

Cast
01-02-2012, 12:51 AM
I get hit for full damage on nukes with 200+ FR/CR, don't think I've ever fully resisted, only sometimes partial (usually not less than 50%)... FR and CR are more of an issue than MR lets get back on track

Darwoth
01-08-2012, 06:33 PM
3 months later and this still has not been addressed, essentially every dirtnap i have eaten on this server has been to this spell and being locked down from full to dead, even after it breaks you still cant do anything.

would be nice if the staff at least pretended to give a shit about the red server instead of letting it stagnate and continue to bleed 5 - 10% of its players each week.

Doors
01-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Darwoth is a piece of shit but I agree with him.

Cast
01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
I get hit for full damage on nukes with 200+ FR/CR, don't think I've ever fully resisted, only sometimes partial (usually not less than 50%)... FR and CR are more of an issue than MR lets get back on track

The Neck Beard
01-09-2012, 02:27 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/12716/13022175.jpg

Darwoth
01-09-2012, 02:38 AM
it is not classic to have the lower resist rate of whirl, whirl didnt even land on people with fucking 70 mr

this lower resist rate was supposed to be balanced with a shorter duration.

the shorter duration does not work, as when whirl "wears off" you still can not do anything but move, no spells, no melee, no clickables.

understand yet or are you to busy smoking more weed and looking for stupid pictures?

Cast
01-09-2012, 02:41 AM
whirl landed a metric fuckton in 1999, before sweeping changes were made to it over the years

it was one of the most imba spells I can remember from that time period

Darwoth
01-09-2012, 02:45 AM
landed a fuckton on folks with no mr which was 95% of rz

Dullah
01-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Resists just need to be like they were on classic. They were just fine.

If you weren't a complete nub, you knew to have MR over 70, preferably 90 to resist movement impairing effects/stuns. You sacrifice damage/hp/mana gear, but its worth it. Likewise, cr/fr were actually useful as well.

You cant just completely redesign the way pvp works in favor of casters and the need for certain types of resist items and call it classic. Just put resists the way they are supposed to be, and remove the inability to stop casting. Neither of these are classic or improve upon the system in any way.

jibekn
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
3 months later and this still has not been addressed, essentially every dirtnap i have eaten on this server has been to this spell and being locked down from full to dead, even after it breaks you still cant do anything.

would be nice if the staff at least pretended to give a shit about the red server instead of letting it stagnate and continue to bleed 5 - 10% of its players each week.

I have killed holocaust members about 60 times and they have killed me 3 times, all 3 deaths from whirl till you hurl

Haul
01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
thats not true I talk to Null and Sirken in AIM all the time, Rogaine and Lady Nilbog on IRC, and my main bitch Amey-linda in game.

Looks like you just got shit on. Only people that leaves are afguard and guineatoad, aka your buddies - loser.

dude you're a fag lol stop tryna be cool

Nirgon
01-09-2012, 01:06 PM
You shouldn't be getting whirled (read 100% chance to resist, flame away) with 150 magic resist.

I'll save all this for another post in the future.

Nirgon
01-10-2012, 04:22 AM
Whirled and xp lossed with over 100 mr by someone at least 4 lvls lower than me.

Bull shit lmao.

Mardur
01-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Bump for dev response on broken spell.

Nirgon
01-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I couldnt move or cast well after the effect faded either.

Sorry for the trailer of my last comment its frustrating as shit :P.

Dfn
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I can run when it wears off, just can't cast or use items.

PVPBetaChamps
01-10-2012, 05:42 PM
server is in great shape