PDA

View Full Version : Sk Feign Death Problem

cuddlesthekilla
01-01-2012, 09:23 PM
So i am lvl 40 and i have used feign death lots of time in and out of combat but i have been having this problem the last few times i have used the spell. When the spell casts and i am going to fall down my guy glitches and walks in place (its killed me once and almost another time :mad:), i am not attacking the mob or anything so i can not understand why it is happening. I am just wondering if anyone has had this problem or know why it is happening.

SyanideGas
01-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Hmm,that sounds unusual. Not too sure what it could be honestly,does FD fail for Sk's? Ive used it on my necro and it works all the time.

Kassel
01-01-2012, 09:40 PM
you got cast on, you are still FD but it failed, hit sit to stand up and try again

Dreiga
01-01-2012, 10:10 PM
it's failed a few times without messages on me without being cast on in the past 2 months, just last night against 2 golems in city of mist, and they cant use spells.
aside the point that being cast on does break fd after you fell correctly.
try to con things soon as you fall to make sure they're indiff and not scowls any longer

cuddlesthekilla
01-01-2012, 10:36 PM
you got cast on, you are still FD but it failed, hit sit to stand up and try again
ok well one of them were it failed was just a melee so made no sense to me and Sk have way to long cd to stand up and try again if your in real trouble.

Devi
01-01-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.flawlesshustle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/retard_now.jpg

Zapatos
01-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Did you make sure to turn off auto attack before casting FD? or did you take the time to max your abjuration skill to the max of your current level? If it's not either of those.. then I'm not sure. It could have been a normal failure. After a failure, if I'm being attacked on my SK, I get the same thing you described sometimes, of my character walking in place or just standing there. Hitting sit/stand brings it back to normal.. then just wait and try to FD again.

usedtobejubaloftorv
01-02-2012, 04:25 AM
I too see all the time that it looks like I'm walking in place when sitting. Pretty sure this didn't happen in classic.

Devi
01-02-2012, 10:41 AM
also; necro and SKs can get the "has fallen to the ground" message here right? Only monks, not necro/sks got that back on live, amirite?

Norez Orwilli
01-02-2012, 06:31 PM
If I remember correctly monks are the only ones who get the warning you have fallen to the ground, but yes necros and sk's can fail FD, less so when their abjur skill is maxed. The Bug your talking about when you FD and it kinda locks your char and you walk in place. Thats a bug from live I remember it happening many times and typicaly when its going on you did fail, not all the time though. bugs over 10yrs old though its nothing new. And infact I was recently playing my War on p99 and I was knocked to the ground when my HP hit 0, when I hit the ground I lost threat cause the mobs thought I had died, and when I was quickly healed I never stud back up like your spose to when you get "Purpled" instead it was as if my war was FD, laying kinda at an angle walking in place hehe. its a similar bug to your FD bug, but it has to do with the timing of mobs dmg and taking you down between -10 - 0 HP, sometimes instead of finishing you off you lose threat. probly like 1 in a million it happens.

Some Tips before you FD, turn off atk, and make sure no mobs are in the middle of casting a spell on you or they will land the spell after you have FDed and break your FD and be ready with your sit button to quickly stand up if it fails.
Monks may have instant FD and a quicker return timer on it, but a good SK who knows how to use his darkness spells and his pet can split pull just as well as most monks. Just never let your SK / necro run 00m or you will be as dead as your pet when you try to FD.

Autotune
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Did you make sure to turn off auto attack before casting FD?

100p it's this.

cuddlesthekilla
01-03-2012, 07:33 AM
lol i was aggro by a mob i dident even try and attack it