PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Monday, January 2nd, 2012

Rogean
01-02-2012, 11:31 AM
This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V20 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv20.zip) from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

Code

Kanras: Disabled spawn variance. (Red)
Kanras: NPCs will no longer respond to chat or item handins while player is feigned.
Kanras: Mana regen bug should be fixed.

Content

Kanras/Nilbog/Uthgaard: Epics. (Blue)

<del>There was a problem patching the emeraldjungle/spirit_sentinel file (Shaman Epic), do not use until we confirm it is working properly.</del>

Nilbog: Werewolves may rarely drop Serpent Insignia Collar.
Nilbog: Raztara now sells more items. (notably potions)
Nilbog: Crafted class 6 steel silver tipped arrows have different ranges based on size of groove nock.
Nilbog: Resolved an issue which was breaking the Frontier Mountains cycle. Report any further oddities.
Nilbog: Guards of South Qeynos salute and respond to Lieutenant Arathur.
Nilbog: The default bind location for West Freeport has been moved away from the gates.
Nilbog: Niblek's Gems quest rewritten. (multiquestable)
Nilbog: Vengeful Musician's quest rewritten. (multiquestable)
Nilbog: The prisoner's quest in West Freeport related to Zimel's Blades rewritten. (multiquestable)
Nilbog: Brother Hayle's Soulfire quest rewritten. (multiquestable/still requires warmly faction)
Nilbog: Rysva To`Biath's quests rewritten. (Book of Scale/multiquestable)
Nilbog: Inte Akera requires warmly faction (DeepwaterKnights) for the Fiery Avenger turn in. (multiquestable)
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with Morty Prysmith and Swiftfingers not knowing the time of day.
Nilbog: Sheriff Roglio's quests rewritten. (multiquestable)
Nilbog: Slightly increased the amount of orc pawns possible in Greater Faydark.
Kanras: Added recipe for Batwing Pie.
Kanras: Updated Sunstrike from 500m/7.5s/1600dmg to 450m/7.0s/1615dmg (prev. patch)

Orruar
01-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Nilbog/Kanras/Uthgaard: Epics. (Blue)

Direct and to the point.

Rogean
01-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Direct and to the point.

There was nothing in the changelog for it actually, other than the internal epic development thread stating they had been turned on for the blue server after testing, so I threw that in there :)

Radiskull
01-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Any chance there will be server wide messages for the first player of each class to obtain their epic?

Happyfeet
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
"Nilbog: Niblek's Gems quest rewritten. (multiquestable)"
I lost a BS/ruby a while back due to that, bc someone told me to hand them in one at a time lol. What are my chances of a refund heh? =)

bluejam
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't have time to play.

I'm playing anyway.

Rogean
01-02-2012, 12:00 PM
*New Epic Quests*

We are pleased to announce that we have implemented new "Fiery Avenger"
style quests for every class in the game (including paladins). The
ultimate reward for each quest boasts a custom model with unique
particle effects. We think that you will be pleased.

Good luck to everyone on your quest.

HOWS THAT :D

Humerox
01-02-2012, 12:36 PM
thiis excited me more than epics

not really but i was pretty happy about it.

Thanks devs!

(thanks for disabling variance on red too!)

Curmudgen
01-02-2012, 01:39 PM
What mana regeneration bug was there? Is this fix to our benefit?

Phallax
01-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Almost tempted to play again...almost. I do want my spear tho!

maximum
01-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Will there be World Shouts for epic server firsts?

OlyanderVZ
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Kanras: Disabled spawn variance. (Red)

What does this mean?

Uthgaard
01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
It means dragons won't have a variance.

Brinkman
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
What does this mean?

To be more clear, dragons on red will not a 12 hour window in which they spawn. They will spawn exactly 7 days after they have died.

Sres
01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Nod32 is firing up a variant of Win32/Themida in the eqchangesv20.zip

Is this a false positive? What are you using to pack the zip file?

Wizerud
01-02-2012, 04:26 PM
What mana regeneration bug was there? Is this fix to our benefit?

Sometimes you could sit down to med and your mana would not regen at all. Not even one point per tick. Pretty rare bug but it's happened to me two or three times.

Norez Orwilli
01-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I was playing this morning right before the servers went down, now Im unable to get into the game, says my files are still out of date after I just replaced the old ones with the new ones you just posted from the link.......cant seem to figure out why its not giving me the right files or something, any tips?

Butthead
01-02-2012, 07:33 PM
think more ppl will play on red99 now? =P

190 on red99,,, 555 on blue loll. seems pvp is too maach for the classic eq players huh

Droxx
01-02-2012, 08:48 PM

Huge fix. Shamans rejoice!

xblade724
01-03-2012, 04:04 AM
really, still no bard knockback fix? Why the hate D:

Otur
01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Two thumbs up on the patch!

Is the Sword of Nobility quest included in the Epic Patch?
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/The_Sword_of_Nobility_%28Ghoulbane%29

Zigfreed
01-03-2012, 05:07 PM
No and it won't ever be in game according to Nilbog. You can find the thread, I'm not going to bother but I did find it a little bit ago. Was sad.

Otur
01-03-2012, 07:01 PM
^^ Damn, that sucks. I thought the quest was implemented around Kunark era (might be wrong, though!)

Anyhow.. Should I assume that Lucan D'lere is on a 12hour timer instead of 7 days now? Inte Akera ate my Soulfire last weekend.. ;P

Slave
01-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Hopefully now that Epics are out, Red will get some love to save the server.

Aule
01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I was playing this morning right before the servers went down, now Im unable to get into the game, says my files are still out of date after I just replaced the old ones with the new ones you just posted from the link.......cant seem to figure out why its not giving me the right files or something, any tips?

I have got exactly the same problem.
I patched the 4 EQChanges V20 files before of course.
And even after a complete new install of EQ Titanium following your guide "Getting Started, Project 1999" 100% i can't log back in successfully.

My char selection buttons giving this messages:
"Your spellfile is outdated"
("ERRORCODE SP-1")
instead of showing my char names.

I just doublechecked and yep my spell_us.txt's date is 02.01.2012 and size is 4851 KB.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

tekniq
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
epic pieces can be MQable, correct? just want to make sure before the npc eats my stuff resulting in a waste of 20hrs of my time.

Secrets
01-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Nod32 is firing up a variant of Win32/Themida in the eqchangesv20.zip

Is this a false positive? What are you using to pack the zip file?

http://www.oreans.com/themida.php

Knowing is half the battle. It's a false positive that shows up because the antivirus cannot scan it.

Harkor
01-04-2012, 10:02 PM
WTB a post of all the stealth nerfs that went in in the past 2 days...

Droxx
01-06-2012, 03:58 AM
^^ Damn, that sucks. I thought the quest was implemented around Kunark era (might be wrong, though!)

Anyhow.. Should I assume that Lucan D'lere is on a 12hour timer instead of 7 days now? Inte Akera ate my Soulfire last weekend.. ;P

It was deep into velious if not luclin. I didn't start til sometime in velious and it was still tradeable.

Mittens Romney
02-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Do Werewolves in WK drop the Serpent Insignia collar on red or is it just on blue atm? Thanks.