PDA

View Full Version : Necro quests (iksar)...

godbox
01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi anyone know a resource for some low-mid level quests (preferebly with some gear rewards) for iksar necros or iksar in general cant find anything on the wiki
thanks

fischsemmel
01-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi anyone know a resource for some low-mid level quests (preferebly with some gear rewards) for iksar necros or iksar in general cant find anything on the wiki
thanks

What level are you talking about?

Generally you're better off going to a spot where you can make pp while killing stuff and then buying gear in EC or on the EC forum section than you would be trying to do quests to get gear.

godbox
01-03-2012, 02:26 PM
im lvl 4 atm so I guess I should just keep on grinding. I only played iksar monk in eqlive and only to like lvl 30 so i never learned how to do the pp grind but i remebered some item quest for monk for bracers you had to do I guess necro doesnt have similair. ty

Justinuti
01-03-2012, 02:36 PM
There are necro quests in Cabilis you can do for minor gear upgrades, but they are time consuming, and require travel to several different zone. The time spent getting those (minor) upgrades is better spent on leveling up, getting new spells, and making money. If you have the balls for it, save up all your bone chips, and sell them for 10p/stack. Especially once youre done with Kurn's Tower ~lvl 20, youll have so many bags full of bone chips you should be able to at least make a couple hundred PP, which is more than enough to get some gear =)

Just save a stack or two of bone chips for yourself.

godbox
01-03-2012, 02:39 PM
There are necro quests in Cabilis you can do for minor gear upgrades, but they are time consuming, and require travel to several different zone. The time spent getting those (minor) upgrades is better spent on leveling up, getting new spells, and making money. If you have the balls for it, save up all your bone chips, and sell them for 10p/stack. Especially once youre done with Kurn's Tower ~lvl 20, youll have so many bags full of bone chips you should be able to at least make a couple hundred PP, which is more than enough to get some gear =)

Just save a stack or two of bone chips for yourself.

great advice ty. Is it best to have all 8 slots with bags or do you have to have food and water in 2 slots to have the regen?

Barkingturtle
01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Put your food and drink in a bag.

Also, here's the necro equivalent of the monk shackle quest you mentioned: http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Necromancer_Skullcap_Quests

colleekitty
01-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Also, save all the spider silk from the spiders you will be fighting in the pit in field of bone. Similar to bone chips, you can sometimes get 10pp per stack.

Yanomamo
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Ultimate_Leveling_While_Making_Money_Guide

Also I don't know if you're playing iksar just because you like the looks of the race or w/e but you MAY want to consider picking another race. Iksar will be KOS absolutely everywhere but Cabilis, they level 20% slower and dont have very good starting stats for a necro.

HippoNipple
01-03-2012, 05:35 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Ultimate_Leveling_While_Making_Money_Guide

Also I don't know if you're playing iksar just because you like the looks of the race or w/e but you MAY want to consider picking another race. Iksar will be KOS absolutely everywhere but Cabilis, they level 20% slower and dont have very good starting stats for a necro.

They have natural regen which goes perfect with the hp to mana line of spells

Susanbanthony
01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I highly recommend the Words of Darkness (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Words_of_Darkness_Quest) quest as you get into your mid-30's. Great clicky to have.

Justinuti
01-03-2012, 08:19 PM

I disagree with this. I think iksar make the best necros actually because of the increased regen which negates a lot of the HP leech from lich form.

Mayhem2
01-03-2012, 10:39 PM
+1

Iksar is the best Necro race by a very large margin, due to regen.

fischsemmel
01-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I disagree with this. I think iksar make the best necros actually because of the increased regen which negates a lot of the HP leech from lich form.

Doesn't iksar regen still work while feigned too, where all other races regen at only 1 or 2 per tick while feigned?

Yanomamo
01-04-2012, 12:09 AM
But would the regen really offset the 20% leveling penalty? Obviously post 50 when regen starts increasing a lot and your gear will have you past 200 int Iskar will be the best. But from 1-50 you will be behind on Int, KOS everywhere and level slower.

Yanomamo
01-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Doesn't iksar regen still work while feigned too, where all other races regen at only 1 or 2 per tick while feigned?

Yep, but not until 51:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Iksar

Mayhem2
01-04-2012, 05:11 AM
But would the regen really offset the 20% leveling penalty? Obviously post 50 when regen starts increasing a lot and your gear will have you past 200 int Iskar will be the best. But from 1-50 you will be behind on Int, KOS everywhere and level slower.

Yes. Regen speeds up leveling, therefore the 20% isn't bad at all.
If your ever out of mana as a Necro, your doing it wrong.
Being KOS can suck, but is easy to work around.
End game you end up with the best Necro possible.

Nagash
01-04-2012, 09:11 AM

True but you don't have to leave Kunark to level up to 50 so not a big deal of an issue. Also, from level 34 the lich line of spell allows you to bank and shop in OT outpost thanks to the illusion portion of the spell.

To be honest, I personnaly don't mind the 20% xp penalty and the regen rocks. However I am biaised as I enjoy the ride leveling and take my time (hell, I died a good 15 times in my level 40 and couldn't be bothered less).

Kasilis
01-04-2012, 10:04 AM

I always wonder why people are interested in their mana pool while leveling. A Necro twink with 200 int won't level faster than a naked necro with 100 int. Your mana pool won't help you to kill faster or reg mana in any way.
It's maybe handy to break camps.. but the best solo exp camps are single pulls anyway.

So it's 20% exp penalty vs. sick hp regen (50+). You even level slightly faster with the extra hp regen, because you don't have to waste your mana for mana intensive leech spells that often.

And about being KOS... As an iksar i can FD bank everywhere.

1. Buy a Circlet of Shadows.
2. Run invis into bank
3. FD near Banker
4. bank
5. stand up
6. invis up
7. walk away

If you can take the exp penalty it is Iksar > rest. End of story.

falkun
01-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Can you still FD bank anywhere? It mentions only talking and item-hand ins, but some changes were made to feign & NPC interaction:

Kanras: NPCs will no longer respond to chat or item handins while player is feigned.