PDA

View Full Version : Epic Camp Handoffs

arsenalpow
01-03-2012, 07:35 PM
So right now there are numerous epic bottlenecks where guildmates are handing the camps off the other guildmates and bypassing others that have been patiently waiting in line.

Does anyone else feel that we should modify this policy to be first in first out, like the prod camp in LoIO? It would bypass a ton of drama.

Doublestep
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
bottlenecks are classic~

arsenalpow
01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
bottlenecks are classic~

i'm not trying to water down the experience, just make it fair for someone who isn't in the major guilds to get an epic piece

Hypothetically, I don't think I should have to wait in line behind every single TMO/IB/VD monk for my crack at pawbuster, which is most likely the case, the current guild will continue passing the camp until they don't have anyone that needs it; and this type of situation applies to NUMEROUS camps.

It's just a thought.

Arkyani
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM
In my opinion I think this should work the same way as the Jade Chokdai Prod camp. If someone is there waiting I dont think its fair for someone to be able to call up a buddy and have them log in, waltz over and take it. If you want to get the item, you should have to put in the time. This is the fairest way for everyone.

Slave
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM
The Jade Chokidai Prod rule was a gigantic mistake and I hope the age of special rules for certain special camps is long gone. Too much confusion and drama. KISS.

Doublestep
01-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Does JCP still have that rule now that it sells for like 500 pp each?

Flunklesnarkin
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
I lean more toward yes so thats what i voted on camps... would be dumb for a guild to be able to hold a camp indefinitely just to sell items to others waiting...

just sayin'

Kassel
01-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Rogues so far (with the exception of TMO) have been respecting the informal pickpocket line.

arsenalpow
01-03-2012, 07:58 PM
i know there's been some drama in mistmoore with the shaman epic already

Autotune
01-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Rogues so far (with the exception of TMO) have been respecting the informal pickpocket line.

lol @ a line to Pickpocket. You're ROGUES, THIEVES, SWASHBUCKLERS... what a bunch of candy asses.

Absolutely nothing wrong with pickpocketing "someone else's" merb imo.

Kassel
01-03-2012, 08:12 PM
lol @ a line to Pickpocket. You're ROGUES, THIEVES, SWASHBUCKLERS... what a bunch of candy asses.

ppl have been suspended for pick pocketing SF's before. Not saying its identical here, most rogues i have talked to have been willing to form a gentlemen's agreement and let the first person there go first. I would not expect tmo to understand this but i have been LoLing at all the tmo corpses around the rogue GM's.

Motec
And that attitude is what hurts everyone. But because it exists, things will continue the way they are

Cyrano
Stealing who is that bomb ass bitch in your sig? Soda said he wants to smash.

ElanoraBryght
01-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Re Pawdutser : there's been a single monk on that camp for 27 hours.
It hasn't been handed off at all. Unless it spawned before Bisch got there, it hasn't spawned at all.

Poll away if it's a hypothetical. But in this particular named by mob example, it does not apply.
i'm not trying to water down the experience, just make it fair for someone who isn't in the major guilds to get an epic piece

Hypothetically, I don't think I should have to wait in line behind every single TMO/IB/VD monk for my crack at pawbuster, which is most likely the case, the current guild will continue passing the camp until they don't have anyone that needs it; and this type of situation applies to NUMEROUS camps.

It's just a thought.

Colberg
01-03-2012, 08:13 PM
For the record....its the same monk there have spend the time from patch and until now at the camp in KC

arsenalpow
01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
ya, pawbuster was just an example. Being a monk it was the first bottle neck that i could think of

the mistmoore shaman thing is another one

Rais
01-03-2012, 08:18 PM
For the sake of Bisch being cool. I've been doing it as first in, first out. Of course people don't have to listen to me. But I've had random non guilded monks in line, along with TMO bards showing to loot warlord heads.

Trust me, I'd rather this fuck spawn so I can move on. But also keep in mind, a monk can't solo this camp. I'm 100% sure I've provided the healers/buffers/CCers so people can get exp, WHILE I am ouside the group helping.

So you're bitching holds no value.

arsenalpow
01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
So your bitching holds no value.

again this isn't bitching, it's hypothetical.

Autotune
01-03-2012, 08:21 PM
ppl have been suspended for pick pocketing SF's before. Not saying its identical here, most rogues i have talked to have been willing to form a gentlemen's agreement and let the first person there go first. I would not expect tmo to understand this but i have been LoLing at all the tmo corpses around the rogue GM's.

There has also been people not suspended for PP'n seafuries. No honor among thieves imo.

TMO corpses is also lol, I'm sure a few have died to the GM rogue no? I think Shiftin can testify.

Edit:

And that attitude is what hurts everyone. But because it exists, things will continue the way they are

Didn't I help you get AJ over my own guild members? After I even got the FTE and the kill on it?

Hilarious you talk about "that attitude". If I had that "attitude" toward every thing with everyone, you'd of had to wait and rage some more.

They are rogues, they shouldn't need a line to FTP on a mob. Want to form a happy friendly agreement with other rogues, go ahead, but i wouldn't expect one to show up and be all happy go lucky about 10 flower huggin "rouges" standing around with their thumbs up their asses.

Dfn
01-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Merge servers. Enable PvP.

Camp problems - solved.
Botters - solved.

Motec
01-03-2012, 09:44 PM
6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

7. We do not have a rule for how a camp will be handed off to another player. It is recommended the player interested in obtaining a camp work that out with who is on the camp already.
*Example* Player a is on jboots, player b comes and sits and just waits. If player a wants to hand off to his friend rather than player b, he has that right. If player a wants to hold a list and give to the next player on that list, that is also his right. GMs will not moderate that unless player b can prove he was deceived by player a with how the camp would be handed off.

Shall I post pictures of clerics AFK and then 20 mins later abusing me, bitching in guild etc as I took their camp?

Every warning from a guide I have received today I have screenshot, timed and logged evidence to support AFK camping prior.

Stealin, you did one deed that I dont consider good. I was at a camp, not afk, you guys came in and took FTE on the mob, and then handed it off to me to loot. A noble thing to do, but nothing special. You can not hold yourself in high regard for being a normal person on a few occasions. Every single day I am passing off named, camps, buffs, rezzes regardless of tags etc. And today I am repaid by abuse and petitions from jaded angry TMO clerics who cant play by the rules and then whinge at their guild in massive tears.

And the worst part is you're not straining relations with me, I'm easy going. It's Amelinda you're pissing off. I suggest you all read the camp rules, not be afk, not f*ck with triggered spawns, and politely wait your turn or be faster.

Flunklesnarkin
01-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't think anybody is debating afk camping as being bad.. pretty sure the thread was about guild monopolization of a camp over days.

Ele
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Shall I post pictures of clerics AFK and then 20 mins later abusing me, bitching in guild etc as I took their camp?

Every warning from a guide I have received today I have screenshot, timed and logged evidence to support AFK camping prior.

Stealin, you did one deed that I dont consider good. I was at a camp, not afk, you guys came in and took FTE on the mob, and then handed it off to me to loot. A noble thing to do, but nothing special. You can not hold yourself in high regard for being a normal person on a few occasions. Every single day I am passing off named, camps, buffs, rezzes regardless of tags etc. And today I am repaid by abuse and petitions from jaded angry TMO clerics who cant play by the rules and then whinge at their guild in massive tears.

And the worst part is you're not straining relations with me, I'm easy going. It's Amelinda you're pissing off. I suggest you all read the camp rules, not be afk, not f*ck with triggered spawns, and politely wait your turn or be faster.

ROFL

ElanoraBryght
01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
This thread, and the 791 threads before it, come down to :
- Make a rule
- Enforce the rule.

Stop with the "I'm going to be so mad at you if you don't play nice." That ends up punishing the players that screw up while the Bad Cop is online, but rewarding the players that are assholes when the bad cop is offline. And by effect, it punishes the players that follow the rules 24/7. And rewards the asshole that /info Amelinda in IRC and finds out her play time.

Rikimeru
01-03-2012, 10:22 PM
play on red server, problem solved!!!

Juugox2
01-03-2012, 10:43 PM
lol not like your gonna get the camp tho that epic battle for hours will be more fun then that petty epic :DDDD

Flunklesnarkin
01-03-2012, 10:59 PM
This thread, and the 791 threads before it, come down to :
- Make a rule
- Enforce the rule.

Stop with the "I'm going to be so mad at you if you don't play nice." That ends up punishing the players that screw up while the Bad Cop is online, but rewarding the players that are assholes when the bad cop is offline. And by effect, it punishes the players that follow the rules 24/7. And rewards the asshole that /info Amelinda in IRC and finds out her play time.

The world isn't black and white... you can write a rule where somebody with stupid lawyer talk can make it seem like the opposite of its intent.

I think intent / vision of a rule is more important that nitpicking pronouns or verbs in a sentence.

Psionide
01-03-2012, 11:18 PM
What I still don't understand on p99 is other guilds trying to purposely fuck other guilds over. If it's simply because they don't like each other then ok I guess that's good enough, if its just simply competition to see who the better guild then ok I get the competetion but wouldn't they wanna see who was better with equal gear/circumstances?

Eventually the other guilds are going to get the gear anyway so why even waste the time worrying bout that and not your own shit? If this server doesn't go past Velious with any new custom content then really what is the point?

Rikimeru
01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
What I still don't understand on p99 is other guilds trying to purposely fuck other guilds over. If it's simply because they don't like each other then ok I guess that's good enough, if its just simply competition to see who the better guild then ok I get the competetion but wouldn't they wanna see who was better with equal gear/circumstances?

Eventually the other guilds are going to get the gear anyway so why even waste the time worrying bout that and not your own shit? If this server doesn't go past Velious with any new custom content then really what is the point?

some people seem think that to win any game internet you have to act like a giant douchebag.

Psionide
01-03-2012, 11:41 PM
There's no winning this game tho........

Autotune
01-03-2012, 11:47 PM

You weren't at a camp, you were running around the zone like a retard. AJ is a spawn like Seafuries in OOT. IT has a specific spawn point and then roams. IF you aren't on his spawn point you aren't camping anything. Quit being a raging retard.

If I didn't allow you to loot it, you had no claim. I was on the spawn, I was the first to hit it and i got the xp. You did nothing but fail to KS and then bitch about how stupid you were by running around spamming locate undead.

I've also helped plenty of TR/IB/VD people before (along with wasting EEs on your members), but you guys are all fags and can't distinguish between RnF and in-game.

Slathar
01-04-2012, 12:04 AM

why do the biggest nerds always censor their curse words?

well?

Chronoburn
01-04-2012, 01:40 AM
OH NOS NOW I'LL NEVER GET MY EPIC

Mayhem2
01-04-2012, 05:15 AM

I agree, especially since the class can't really solo or camp anything to farm the platz ~

Glitterati
01-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Kinda glad right now us druids and rangers can sit in hippie drum circles smoking hobbit weed, drinking elvish wine foraging thru the grass.....

Sajan
01-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Kinda glad right now us druids and rangers can sit in hippie drum circles smoking hobbit weed, drinking elvish wine foraging thru the grass.....

Bruman
01-04-2012, 10:01 AM
I would rather ally myself with IB/VD to cockblock BDA from every epic camp then to give them any chance of completing an epic quest.

I guess someone really doesn't like arsenalpow. Or maybe you just hate all BDA "just because". That's cool, it's your right.

But it's attitudes like this which is why we need rules and play nice policies, since "don't be a douche" isn't good enough.

Also, I wonder how much of the voting is broken down like this:

Yes: "I'm not in a guild that can't or isn't interested in poopsocking long enough to keep a stranglehold on a given epic camp"
No: "My guild can keep this locked down easy"
Don't care: "I don't plan on ever completing my epic"

Rasah
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
The Jade Chokidai Prod rule was a gigantic mistake and I hope the age of special rules for certain special camps is long gone. Too much confusion and drama. KISS.

What broke the JCP camp was that we allowed people to camp it while AFK. It was too easy for someone to just leave a toon up and come back 16 hours later, loot, sell it for 15-20k, then get back in line to repeat. If you physically had to sit there and answer camp checks, I suspect the line wouldn't have gone more than 3 deep at any time.

Uthgaard
01-04-2012, 11:22 AM
JCP was an experiment of mine. The problem with the camp rules as they stand is that they are surrounded by extremely large grey areas with no means to determine the rightness or wrongness of a claim to a camp when it reaches a large permacamp situation.

When you have 15 or more people at a camp, each attempting to rationalize that their claim to a camp is tethered to how long someone else has been there, it's illogical and places all of the responsibility for figuring it out on the staff, and simply stated: players lie.

The JCP camp experiment was a success. It placed the responsibility back on the players, brought the amount of staff involvement down to a tiny fraction of its previous daily requirement, and reintroduced a previously absent component of holding a camp: responsibility.

With the extreme privelege of claim to a camp, comes the responsibility to invest one's own time into it. That it still runs with that rule in place is a testament to its success, and you can see from the poll here that it's favored more than 2.5 to 1 - with as many indifferent as there are for it - and those few voting against it being the players from major guilds that are most notorious for their hissy fits. They are motivated only by interest in preventing other players from meeting their goals, not in the interest of meeting their own.

With any privelege has to come some responsibility. In this case, it's either your responsibiliy or the staff's. You can see the logical conclusion.

Amelinda
01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
The world isn't black and white... you can write a rule where somebody with stupid lawyer talk can make it seem like the opposite of its intent.

I think intent / vision of a rule is more important that nitpicking pronouns or verbs in a sentence.

Unfortunately there are MANY rules lawyers on this server who want to nitpick and rules lawyer and there are also more tattle tales on this server than in a pre-school classroom. and by "Tattle tales" i mean people who will tattle over the slightest non-issue rather than solving things themselves or manning (womaning) up and dealing with the person they have a problem with.

[QUOTE=Psionide;509695]What I still don't understand on p99 is other guilds trying to purposely fuck other guilds over. If it's simply because they don't like each other then ok I guess that's good enough, if its just simply competition to see who the better guild then ok I get the competetion but wouldn't they wanna see who was better with equal gear/circumstances?/QUOTE]

It's just because they don't like each other. but most of them don't have valid reasons not to like the other ones - they just don't like the guild tag that the other people wear.

Doublestep
01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
amelinda this enchanter wouldnt give me a clarity when i told him to ban pls

Sizzle
01-04-2012, 12:23 PM

That really goes for mages too, I have had nothing but good experiences sharing camp with all the mages that I have come across so far. It almost makes me feel that this server isn't full of a bunch of grown up children after all :).... Almost...

Szeth
01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I do not share. Stay away from monk camps. French people have already resorted to training me, but they killed their group instead.

fischsemmel
01-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Oh, nevermind.

Kassel
01-04-2012, 01:07 PM
I do not share. Stay away from monk camps. French people have already resorted to training me, but they killed their group instead.

Frenchies gonna french.

Autotune
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
solving things themselves or manning (womaning) up and dealing with the person they have a problem with.

WOOT, when the tears start rolling, i'll direct them to you :)

Sodapop
01-04-2012, 07:09 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7PjrTOjxjxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nirgon
01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
play on red server, problem solved!!!

I wouldn't trade this bad situation for the other that lies in wait for them.

(Being brought to justice by Officer Winslow)

PS: you bluebies need to woman up

Motec
01-04-2012, 09:44 PM
JCP was an experiment of mine. The problem with the camp rules as they stand is that they are surrounded by extremely large grey areas with no means to determine the rightness or wrongness of a claim to a camp when it reaches a large permacamp situation.

When you have 15 or more people at a camp, each attempting to rationalize that their claim to a camp is tethered to how long someone else has been there, it's illogical and places all of the responsibility for figuring it out on the staff, and simply stated: players lie.

The JCP camp experiment was a success. It placed the responsibility back on the players, brought the amount of staff involvement down to a tiny fraction of its previous daily requirement, and reintroduced a previously absent component of holding a camp: responsibility.

With the extreme privelege of claim to a camp, comes the responsibility to invest one's own time into it. That it still runs with that rule in place is a testament to its success, and you can see from the poll here that it's favored more than 2.5 to 1 - with as many indifferent as there are for it - and those few voting against it being the players from major guilds that are most notorious for their hissy fits. They are motivated only by interest in preventing other players from meeting their goals, not in the interest of meeting their own.

With any privelege has to come some responsibility. In this case, it's either your responsibiliy or the staff's. You can see the logical conclusion.

Could of just made the prod no drop for 6 months.

Then claim that was classic and ignore all evidence, claims and good will to the contrary.

It's not like you don't blatantly change shit wrong all the time anyway.

Orruar
01-04-2012, 10:05 PM

1) A majority of people would vote to enslave a minority for their own benefit. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. It's why America was founded as a Constitutional republic instead of a pure democracy.

2) I voted no and I'm the only one in my guild, so your assumption about only those in top guilds voting no is wrong. Some of us actually think that the players should work things out for themselves. Usually it starts with being reasonable and treating the other party as a reasonable person. A few things can cause this to break down rather quickly, which leads me to my next point.

3) When people think they can gain an advantage by bringing a GM into it, they will be less likely to try and work things out with their fellow player. If you're basically saying that a JCP rule will be put into place if people fight over spawns enough, and you already noted the popularity of the JCP rule, what do you think is going to happen?

Once you intervene here, you're going to be dragged in deeper and deeper. It's like a war. Either nuke the place, or don't get involved. There is no good middle ground. If you get a petition over some camp dispute at pawbuster, ae DT everyone in the area and despawn the warlord room for 48 hours, or do nothing. Anything in between will just lead to a bigger headache tomorrow.

Flunklesnarkin
01-04-2012, 10:10 PM
1) A majority of people would vote to enslave a minority for their own benefit. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. It's why America was founded as a Constitutional republic instead of a pure democracy.

2) I voted no and I'm the only one in my guild, so your assumption about only those in top guilds voting no is wrong. Some of us actually think that the players should work things out for themselves. Usually it starts with being reasonable and treating the other party as a reasonable person. A few things can cause this to break down rather quickly, which leads me to my next point.

3) When people think they can gain an advantage by bringing a GM into it, they will be less likely to try and work things out with their fellow player. If you're basically saying that a JCP rule will be put into place if people fight over spawns enough, and you already noted the popularity of the JCP rule, what do you think is going to happen?

Once you intervene here, you're going to be dragged in deeper and deeper. It's like a war. Either nuke the place, or don't get involved. There is no good middle ground. If you get a petition over some camp dispute at pawbuster, ae DT everyone in the area and despawn the warlord room for 48 hours, or do nothing. Anything in between will just lead to a bigger headache tomorrow.

While i agree with the sentiment.. killing everybody in the area and despawning the monster wouldn't solve the problem.. if anything it would make camp griefing worse..

One guy gets item then his guild would perpetually dispute the camp for uber leetness status of their one player.

I don't believe anarchy is a good way to run a game.. heck even on the pvp red server they have rules.

Baervan
01-04-2012, 10:27 PM
6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

Somewhat of a side issue perhaps, but im pretty sure that the reference to AFK camping that you provide from the server rules / policies does not refer to simply going AFK at your camp spot. Rather it is now a rather archaic reference to a problem that was prevalent near the start of the server - that of mages AFK leveling with their pets. Due to changes to pet exp this is now a non issue.

Everyone may talk about poopsocking, but to expect people on 10+ hr camps not to visit the bathroom is laughable.

Uthgaard
01-04-2012, 10:27 PM

This is a bunch of existential rhetoric that addresses none of the actual reasons why it's a good rule. All you do is hypothetically argue why it might be a bad idea if EQ were a country and camps were human rights violations. It isn't, they aren't, and meaningless phrases like "there is no middle ground" are based on nothing but how good they would sound on a bumper sticker. Bumper stickers aren't exactly paragons of seminal thought.

Samuel
01-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Somewhat of a side issue perhaps, but im pretty sure that the reference to AFK camping that you provide from the server rules / policies does not refer to simply going AFK at your camp spot. Rather it is now a rather archaic reference to a problem that was prevalent near the start of the server - that of mages AFK leveling with their pets. Due to changes to pet exp this is now a non issue.

Everyone may talk about poopsocking, but to expect people on 10+ hr camps not to visit the bathroom is laughable.

Can we have clarification on this point? Is it okay to AFK while you wait for a timed mob to spawn as long as you are back to the computer by the time it spawns?

Flunklesnarkin
01-04-2012, 10:42 PM
idk.. i don't consider it going afk if somebody takes 5 mins to use the bathroom or get a drink of water when they know a monster won't respawn before they get back...

but afking and a monster spawning .. should be forfeit imo

same with guild or w/e.. shouldn't have to wait on a guild to rally an hour to kill a monster just because they had one non-afk person at a camp.

Nirgon
01-04-2012, 10:46 PM
You know, back in the day, to avoid much suffering and blood shed, it was customary for each army to produce 1 champion to fight the other to the death to decide the battle.

/d it up like men.

Samuel
01-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Sure 5 mins no problem. But what about AFKing for 2-4 hours while you wait for a timed spawn?

Orruar
01-04-2012, 11:24 PM
This is a bunch of existential rhetoric that addresses none of the actual reasons why it's a good rule. All you do is hypothetically argue why it might be a bad idea if EQ were a country and camps were human rights violations. It isn't, they aren't, and meaningless phrases like "there is no middle ground" are based on nothing but how good they would sound on a bumper sticker. Bumper stickers aren't exactly paragons of seminal thought.

Yeah, sorry for wanting people to work things out on their own. I guess such a crazy idea has no place here in this world, where your way of dealing with disputes has turned out so well.

Orruar
01-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Sure 5 mins no problem. But what about AFKing for 2-4 hours while you wait for a timed spawn?

Personally, I have no problem with people afk'ing for long periods until the spawn is due, as long as they're back by the time the thing (or ph) spawns.

Werlop
01-04-2012, 11:41 PM

As I understand it, afk players don't lose their camp unless they fail to engage the mob within a reasonable timeframe (usually 2-3 minutes). It's not hard for a player to claim that they were at the keyboard ignoring people for however many hours, or that you're on their ignore list. On live at least, guides could not see ignore lists since they were saved in client .txt files.

Samuel
01-05-2012, 12:04 AM
I'll agree. I think as long as the person is back to engage their mob it is ok.

Autotune
01-05-2012, 01:21 AM
ITT:

People not in IB/VD Vote: yes

IB/VD Vote: no

Cool cats vote: Don't matter, I'ma get meh shit.

Rais
01-05-2012, 02:23 AM
It was perfectly fine for TMO at start of Kunark for 200k Circlet of Shadows/Locket of Escapes. Now you change your tune? heh

Autotune
01-05-2012, 03:17 AM
It was perfectly fine for TMO at start of Kunark for 200k Circlet of Shadows/Locket of Escapes. Now you change your tune? heh

most of the people voting yes, are in taken/bda (some tmo/vd)

most of the people voting no, are in ib/vd (some tmo)

most of the people voting don't care, are in the cool kids club. (mixed lot, mostly tmo)

but you're a "cool kid" what i got to tell you for.

Zereh
01-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Typical P99 behavior ~ me mine ours and fuck everyone else. <3 Though now that people are in a completely different position (where they can have a camp handed to them by their daddy-guild) it suddenly becomes an acceptable process.

If you really disliked how things were handled when Kunark dropped, why not campaign for a change instead of perpetuating it?

Rais
01-05-2012, 04:11 AM
So you join a guild that started this at the start of Kunark and you knew what had happened and now you're saying oh shame on you for acting the same way? Don't give me that.

Maybe if you wanted things changed you wouldn't have kept a guild like TMO alive by perpetuating the shady shit they pull most of the time by joining them in the first place. So don't come crying when the guild who built the precedent in the first place finally gets the raw end of the deal.

I get what you're saying but you seriously have to understand the stuff you say is just jibberish coming from you for allowing the things your guild does. You can't simply sit back and say " What you're doing is wrong" but yet your guild does it.

On that note, I'm still handing off camps to the next monk in line regardless of the guild. I walk the talk I spew.

Autotune
01-05-2012, 04:13 AM
So you join a guild that started this at the start of Kunark and you knew what had happened and now you're saying oh shame on you for acting the same way? Don't give me that.

Maybe if you wanted things changed you wouldn't have kept a guild like TMO alive by perpetuating the shady shit they pull most of the time by joining them in the first place. So don't come crying when the guild who built the precedent in the first place finally gets the raw end of the deal.

I get what you're saying but you seriously have to understand the stuff you say is just jibberish coming from you for allowing the things your guild does. You can't simply sit back and say " What you're doing is wrong" but yet your guild does it.

On that note, I'm still handing off camps to the next monk in line regardless of the guild. I walk the talk I spew.

Lies, you trained thru us in CoM to snag a reaver after we coth'd up and started clearing. Straight shooter my ass.

Rais
01-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Get back on subject. You set the standard of douche baggery, and get it throw back at you and you cry and want to have things changed. It doesn't work that way.

On that note, I grouped with a great group of TMO people that I shared a camp with today. Not everyone are dirtbags.

Duie
01-05-2012, 05:14 AM
Im so glad the force is with me after readingthis... blah P99 bullshit

grow up already

Doublestep
01-05-2012, 05:16 AM
THE FORCE IS WITH US DUIE

Tombom
01-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Did not read thread, idk if it has been mentioned, but just an fyi to the cry babies.

Who cares if you get a few soloable pieces the big boys will have raids locked down anyways.... sorry no epic for u scrubs.

so come play red

Mayhem2
01-05-2012, 05:37 AM
You know, back in the day, to avoid much suffering and blood shed, it was customary for each army to produce 1 champion to fight the other to the death to decide the battle.

/d it up like men.

Solid advice.

This won't happen, as "men" is the keyword.

There is too much, "My high school vs Your high school" going on here.

It's funny..... The big shocker of growing up is, age doesn't = mature. Apparently, that's life.

Ahh how I miss the real Zek's. Kaboom, BBQ'd, k thx!

Yup, career's suck........ Good times back then.

Timarian
01-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Reading these posts really make me question the age and maturity of players here. Who talks like that after leaving school?

Smoker
01-05-2012, 07:22 AM
It's all taken so seriously. This is an emu server, not live.

Thanks to the guys who run this server, who have put the effort in to making a server that feels like classic. But fact is, the plug can be pulled at anytime. Fact is, it's just another emu server.

I have my epic already, I got it at lvl 1. . . on another emu server.

On live I did the stupid long camps needed for epics, was never fun and I don't think anyone can truely say, yay I camped xzy mob for 20 hours, that was great fun! But on an emu server... are you having a laugh?

Szeth
01-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Smoker if you can't understand the feeling of satisfaction after putting time in to achieve something then you have bigger problems than not being able to put in the time to camp your epic.

Go set some life goals.

Autotune
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Get back on subject. You set the standard of douche baggery, and get it throw back at you and you cry and want to have things changed. It doesn't work that way.

On that note, I grouped with a great group of TMO people that I shared a camp with today. Not everyone are dirtbags.

Me? or TMO?

I don't care if things change, they can stay how they are. If people keep pulling shit and nothing happens, I suppose it will just become the norm. I would be happy if all of EQ would go VP honestly.

Nirgon
01-05-2012, 12:52 PM
People trying to hate on the competitive spirit that is American business up in here.

Gwence
01-05-2012, 12:55 PM

When I was camping fishbone earring back in the day I afk'd in between spawns and set a timer for when he would respawn, no one ever questioned me for it.

If the timer is known, you shouldn't have to sit there staring at the screen.

Autotune
01-05-2012, 01:18 PM
When I was camping fishbone earring back in the day I afk'd in between spawns and set a timer for when he would respawn, no one ever questioned me for it.

i'm p sure there is a rule around that people have 5mins to engage a spawn in a camp or it's free game. (might have been changed by now tho)

Aka, someone can afk to poop and as long as they make it back and the merb hasn't been left up longer than 5mins they are okay.

Vile
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
If you played on red you could just kill the person :confused:

Autotune
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
If you played on red you could just kill the person :confused:

no one here cares about red or what you can and can't do there.

Nirgon
01-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Skill < false sense of entitlement in these parts

Extunarian
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
i'm p sure there is a rule around that people have 5mins to engage a spawn in a camp or it's free game. (might have been changed by now tho)

Aka, someone can afk to poop and as long as they make it back and the merb hasn't been left up longer than 5mins they are okay.

5 minutes is a little long...but otherwise I respect this rule. I have only had this happen to me once in almost 2 years where I took a spawn that someone was afk in front of. I waited about a minute for fear of someone else walking in and jacking it. Considering I never heard from that person I'm guessing they just fell asleep.

Also, I voted yes. The solo camps aren't even the bottlenecks anyway...

Autotune
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Skill < false sense of entitlement in these parts

if you think EQ pvp takes any greater skill than EQ pve, you're seriously mistaken and really immersed in a fantasy life.

Vile
01-05-2012, 01:38 PM
if you think EQ pvp takes any greater skill than EQ pve, you're seriously mistaken and really immersed in a fantasy life.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Daldaen
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Red is irrelevant to this discussion as it won't last to the point that epics are introduced.

Autotune
01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Confirmed immersed in a fantasy life.

YendorLootmonkey
01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Red is irrelevant to this discussion as it won't last to the point that epics are introduced.

Nirgon
01-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Correction the people that thought they could handle red won't last.

Anywho, sorry I brought up any alternate means of camp resolution.

Amelinda
01-05-2012, 02:06 PM

2. Just because you know the timer a mob's spawn does NOT mean you are entitled to the camp. Examples include Ishva mal, Estrella, and Undertow. I have seen too many threads about ishva mal in particular where there is a person there at the camp and someone comes and either KS's the spawn or charms the mob to bring it somewhere else etc claiming it was theirs due to it being on timer. If you are trying to timer a spawn and you arrive and someone else is there, too bad, you should have been there earlier.

you need to be at the camp and active in order to maintain ownership of the camp.

nalkin
01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
you need to be at the camp and active in order to maintain ownership of the camp.

That rule 6 you quoted actually refers to mage afk pet camping, back when that wasn't nerfed. You shouldn't have to be present between spawns if your holding a camp... how would eq even be bearable at that point?

YendorLootmonkey
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM

.......?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=160877&postcount=9

Kassel
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
What is the GM's stance on membluring another groups mob at 1% to reset is HP and wipes the group. I am under the impression this is now accepted practice based on recent precedent.

Gwence
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
its not realistic to expect people to not afk inbetween spawns when the mob is on an extended timer. I used the hadden example but there are plenty of epic camps that fit that scenario.

If there is a PH then I suppose it's a different story but a long timer on a mob with no PH, as long as the player is at the spot, it should be there camp until they leave.

Extunarian
01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
That rule about afk camping really should have "(as in letting your pet kill for you while you're afk for hours)" amended to it. I see people misuse it so often.

Can we just add one thing to those rules?
Going AFK between spawns is OK/NOT OK !!!

For now I always respect people who are afk at a soon-to-pop camp. It just sucks to extend that courtesy knowing that it might not be extended to me, and not even knowing who is in the right.

Extunarian
01-05-2012, 02:29 PM
If there is a PH then I suppose it's a different story but a long timer on a mob with no PH, as long as the player is at the spot, it should be there camp until they leave.

I don't think a PH makes it any different, as long as you come back and clear the PH within a minute or two of the spawn.

Orruar
01-05-2012, 02:29 PM
its not realistic to expect people to not afk inbetween spawns when the mob is on an extended timer. I used the hadden example but there are plenty of epic camps that fit that scenario.

Even with a ph.. As long as you're there to kill the ph in a timely manner when it pops, it's yours.

Szeth
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
@ Nirgon

If the people "who thought they could handle red" stop playing will Holocaust split into two guilds to pvp eachother?

Zereh
01-05-2012, 02:46 PM
I walk the talk I spew.

As do I.

I am not even working on the easy camps for my epic because I encounter people who go straight to asshole when I ask a simple question about who is next in line (paraphrased response: there are no lines, cunt! it will be at least 15 weeks before someone in your guild gets a cleric epic, etc. etc.)

I'll get mine when it's time, just like I have everything else in this game. =)

Nirgon
01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
@ Nirgon

If the people "who thought they could handle red" stop playing will Holocaust split into two guilds to pvp eachother?

Likely case: Probably will get bored, come back when we see the number sneak up again.

Worst case: We get what all you fools want so very badly and drum up these ridiculous self entitlement posts in efforts to receive. Every spawn to ourselves.

Hey let's break the VP dragon agreement, tee hee hee so ballsy harhar us bluebies man har har har.

Motec
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
As do I.

I am not even working on the easy camps for my epic because I encounter people who go straight to asshole when I ask a simple question about who is next in line (paraphrased response: there are no lines, cunt! it will be at least 15 weeks before someone in your guild gets a cleric epic, etc. etc.)

I'll get mine when it's time, just like I have everything else in this game. =)

10th TMO person for the day rocking up with an aura of expectancy. Best of luck to you encountering me on a better day. Unlikely considering the behaviour of your lads lately

Autotune
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM
10th TMO person for the day rocking up with an aura of expectancy. Best of luck to you encountering me on a better day. Unlikely considering the behaviour of your lads lately

You wouldn't even have that sig if i didn't allow you. Remember that.

Splorf22
01-05-2012, 05:36 PM
My preference is for no rules. Look what happened in VP: after a few days of training the fuck out of each other, IB and TMO started a rotation, and TMO agreed even though they seemed to have the upper hand because they didn't want to spend 10 hours CR'ing for every VP dragon. If the guides just disappear the players will work it out.

Orruar
01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
My preference is for no rules. Look what happened in VP: after a few days of training the fuck out of each other, IB and TMO started a rotation, and TMO agreed even though they seemed to have the upper hand because they didn't want to spend 10 hours CR'ing for every VP dragon. If the guides just disappear the players will work it out.

But then Uthgaard and Co. couldn't feel like their jobs were important. Think of the poor GMs.

Flunklesnarkin
01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
So you can't take 5 mins to use the bathroom or you lose your camp?

Aunt Bedelia
01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
e-tough guys itt

YendorLootmonkey
01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
So you can't take 5 mins to use the bathroom or you lose your camp?

Relax bros, you can unclench that sphincter.

http://i.imgur.com/Lexay.png

quido
01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec motec

Zereh
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM

You are 100% in charge of your behavior and what comes out of your mouth, no one else.

Uthgaard
01-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Except that one time, but I was responsible for what went in his mouth in the first place.

Autotune
01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Except that one time, but I was responsible for what went in his mouth in the first place.

yaaaflow
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Uthgaard coming out ITT?

quido
01-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Hahahahaha!

Ellia
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Also, I wonder how much of the voting is broken down like this:

Yes: "I'm not in a guild that can't or isn't interested in poopsocking long enough to keep a stranglehold on a given epic camp"
No: "My guild can keep this locked down easy"
Don't care: "I don't plan on ever completing my epic"

Wrong interpretation and very narrow minded.

Smoker
01-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Smoker if you can't understand the feeling of satisfaction after putting time in to achieve something then you have bigger problems than not being able to put in the time to camp your epic.

Go set some life goals.

Two things.

First, I get my satisfaction in other ways that don't require me to camp a spawn hours on end and that was the point I wanted to across. I read the thread and thought people need to chill a bit, stand back and look at the situation, see it's not worth getting annoyed and all serious about.

Second, I have a wife and a good job, life goals...well life has been pretty successful for me. So I don't have "bigger" problems.

I wonder why you felt the need to take a jab at me. I could easily come back with a pointless insult of my own. But it's just not worth it.

Motec
01-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Uthgaard. Talks big.

Never accomplished a thing in life.

Motec
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
So you play a game you dont care about?

Please.

Szeth
01-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Motec, You are indeed the slayer of peoples epic hopes and dreams. I love you for it.

Smoker, I was not attacking your "lack of caring" about everquest. The way you spoke insinuated that you didn't understand the payoff after you've put a lot of time into something.

gnomishfirework
01-06-2012, 09:50 AM
this is why i moved to red99. wedont have these problems.

you guys are welcome to pop over.

Szeth
01-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Brt to play with the other 60 people who care...

Szeth
01-06-2012, 10:35 AM
PS Motec how goes?

Fultun
01-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Reading these posts really make me question the age and maturity of players here. Who talks like that after leaving school?

I've asked myself this since many times on here and in game. Adults they may be, but mature many appear are not.

Szeth
01-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Wait did you just respond using the diction of Yoda... and question our maturity?

Fultun
01-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Wait did you just respond using the diction of Yoda... and question our maturity?

Yoda would say "Adults be they, mature they are not. grmbl grmbl grmbl /smirk" :)

Szeth
01-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Emoticons - The Pinnacle of Maturity

Messianic
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Emoticons - The Pinnacle of Maturity

Arguments about "maturity" on an online forum for a 12-year old emulated MMORPG - The Pinnacle of Maturity

Jarnauga
01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
That's funny how some of the "big" players like to throw the "investment" around when socking dragons for hours but refuse to stand in line for hours for their epics.

Athosblack
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM

Im late to this thread but this made me laugh.