PDA

View Full Version : Necros soloing 1-50?

Healthcare
04-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Is it possible for necros to solo 1-50? No grouping whatsoever mind you. If so, does anyone have a "guide" of where to go at what lvl ranges or so? I've been googling around a bit but can't find anything for classic zones and the like. Been feeling really anti-social lately and not wanting to play something that needs to group all the time so any help would be appreciated.

Sinlea
04-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I soloed from like 28-50. I only grouped before then because I just....hadn't tried to solo, I guess :-p

Skope
04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
yea, i've soloed to 46 with the exception of grouping once with my guildies in unrest (was maybe 20-30minutes). It's not that I don't like grouping, it's just that my classes on live were all grouped to 60s, so i wanted to solo a necro to 50. it's actually quite fun and very efficient.

uhm... well, we don't like to give away our secrets, especially since it's only classic and the spots are somewhat limited. but i'd get to qeynos and do blackburrow until 12 and then WK bandits. by then, regardless if whether you're human/DE/gnome or erudite, you should be at least apprehensive to all of qeynos. hand in gnoll teeth and bandit sashes for exp/faction/$$. at 16 i did unrest until 20, though you can pretty much solo unrest until low 30s if you really wanted to, that's how efficient you are at killing undead.

EK at 16-20, SK at 20-25 or higher if you dont mind the zone, i quite frankly hated it with the exception of splitpaw entrance. they drop some good loot and go down fast when feared.

after that you'll have to make buddy with me if you want some tips ;) For the most part the solo spots are the same as the grouping spots on this server. Ive found i've made quite a bit of cash soloing as opposed to grouping. It can get a little tricky when your usual camps are taken, so might be a good idea to have an alt as well. good luck

Arkanjil
04-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Hey there! Ya I basically went from 1-50 solo, did maybe 2-4 groups total the whole journey?

1-4 I did in WFP
5-12 I did in EC/Nro killing random things and undead at the ruins in each zone
13-16/18 or so I did in oasis kiting crocs
18-32 I did in Sro at the centaur camp, they have mob ranges that support that area
32-50 Doing spectres in various zones is the quickest way to level to 50. Just snare them, undead fear them and let pet kill them down. Quick and easy way to kill the specs.

Healthcare
04-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm a bit sick of freeport so I'm going to start in Qeynos and stay there a bit and then later on move on to Freeport coast and mix and match ideas presented by you guys to see what I can do/works/etc.

nicemace
04-19-2010, 04:45 AM
my first char in 1999 on live was necro.

soloed all the way to 50.

at lvl 49 you can solo frenzy in lguk for the last lvl. just make sure you park lots of alts there to loot all the FBSS' :P i ended up getting 11 by the time i hit 50.

Rael
04-19-2010, 05:23 AM
my first char in 1999 on live was necro.

soloed all the way to 50.

You soloed your first char to 50 in 99? Did you not feel like you were missing out at any point?

Omnimorph
04-19-2010, 06:00 AM
You soloed your first char to 50 in 99? Did you not feel like you were missing out at any point?

Have to agree with this, eq was great for me because of the interaction with others. Soloing was nice to be able to do so you could actually exp in say a 30 minute session if that's all you had, but from 1 - 50 :/ that's just anti-social.

nicemace
04-19-2010, 06:10 AM

i live in new zealand, on live in the early days it was pretty much just US players.

i ended up playing 9 years of live so i really didnt miss out much :)

Dennycrane
04-19-2010, 06:48 AM
i live in new zealand,

Another Kiwi! Lets group mang! Hit me up ingame on Dennycrane or Clastraphobia :)

- Dennycrane

Atennu
04-19-2010, 06:55 AM
- Dennycrane

OP

rockhopper
04-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Have to agree with this, eq was great for me because of the interaction with others. Soloing was nice to be able to do so you could actually exp in say a 30 minute session if that's all you had, but from 1 - 50 :/ that's just anti-social.

Social interaction is not defined merely by grouping. As a matter of fact, being in a fast-pulling group is in many ways detrimental to many social interactions, such as just hanging out and chatting with friends.

My main was a warrior, so when I was grouped I never really had time to socialize; I was too busy pulling or tanking.

It was much easier to chat with my friends when I was soloing with my alt druid or necro.

Malrubius
04-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Social interaction is not defined merely by grouping. As a matter of fact, being in a fast-pulling group is in many ways detrimental to many social interactions, such as just hanging out and chatting with friends.

I've always thought so too, but that's not a commonly held viewpoint.

I often find myself having more leisure to interact socially when not grouped. And no, I am not talking about OOC, since I have that perma-filtered. :rolleyes:

guineapig
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Don't know if this is one of the big secrets that necros don't want you to know about but the minotaurs in Steamfont are perfect in your high 20's to mid 30's.

Not sure how many spawns there are on this server, haven't checked it out yet, but it should be an easy spot for a solo necro.

Also I know the Paineel guards are also a popular solo spot for some.

When your in your high 40's you can always solo ice giants in everfrost.

Basically just think of these out of the way spots that people rarely go to. Many of them have a wide level range of mobs.

Sparkin
04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Be weary about doing too many Karana bandits as a necro. I found out the hard way as a human Bertoxx worshipper. I wasn't paying attention to the faction drops you get from the quest, and turned in so many sashes that I became KoS in my own guild in the sewers. It was a major major PITA to raise it back up... had to carry a whole lot of gold to NK and buy a bunch of Blackburrow Stout from that one corrupt guard =p It was an adventure, one I don't recommend taking.