PDA

View Full Version : Monk 40+ 2hb vs 1hb debate

Retry
01-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Was curious what end game monks thought in terms of max dps. aside from T-staff do you think a Imbued fighters staff would out dps an Adamitite Club/Knuckle Duster?

Gmal
01-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Was curious what end game monks thought in terms of max dps. aside from T-staff do you think a Imbued fighters staff would out dps an Adamitite Club/Knuckle Duster?

No way. IFS is way to slow and if you miss it gimps your dps to much. IFS is shit imo.

KentalCowtipper
01-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Aye IFS is rather worthless as a weapon unless you're rocking 36 or 41% haste; then it would be marginally OK.

If you can't afford a T-Staff your better bet then IFS would be a peacebringer - 28/30. Sure its 10 stones - but so is T-Staff. PB will out damage a IFS no doubts and would also out dps an ada club/KD combo.

Treats
01-11-2012, 07:33 PM

IFS should be nearly identical in terms of dps compared to Adamantite Club/Knuckle Dusters.

Peacebringer is definately the way to go if you cannot afford a T Staff.

Ranked in order (purchasable gear):

Tranquil Staff
Adamantite Club/Stave of Shielding
Runed Fighter's Staff
Peacebringer

Adamantite Club/Knuckle Dusters
Imbued Fighters Staff
Wu's Quivering Staff
(These three almost identical in dps, Ada Club/KD being the best)

Retry
01-11-2012, 08:02 PM
gotcha, thanks for info. so Would Adamantite + Staff of shielding turn any tables?

Retry
01-12-2012, 03:07 AM
bump!

Bruman
01-12-2012, 09:14 AM
There's nothing to really bump. Treats has given you the list of droppable gear from highest to lowest DPS.

Dreads
01-12-2012, 11:20 AM
IFS should be nearly identical in terms of dps compared to Adamantite Club/Knuckle Dusters.

Peacebringer is definately the way to go if you cannot afford a T Staff.

Ranked in order (purchasable gear):

Tranquil Staff
Adamantite Club/Stave of Shielding
Runed Fighter's Staff
Peacebringer

Adamantite Club/Knuckle Dusters
Imbued Fighters Staff
Wu's Quivering Staff

This list makes no sense.
There is no way an Adamantite Club/SoS is identical to a IFS and a PB being better then both of these somehow.
A RFS is better then an IFS and somehow that is ranked lower then an AC/SoS combo on your first list.

I've seen you Treats post in the RFS vs Tstaff discussion thread, not trying to attack you or anything. I know that the damage bonus to 2 handers below 28 or something was changed somewhat recently so I'm not a super expert on the subject but it just seems crazy that a 60k RFS isnt on par wth the Ac/SoS but you say an IFS is. An IFS is just a RFS with a slower delay.

Bruman
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
He doesn't say AC/SoS is equal to an IFS. He says AC/KD. Big difference.

Treats
01-12-2012, 12:02 PM
This list makes no sense.
There is no way an Adamantite Club/SoS is identical to a IFS and a PB being better then both of these somehow.

Adamantite Club/SoS is #2. Peacebringer is #4. IFS is #5.

A RFS is better then an IFS and somehow that is ranked lower then an AC/SoS combo on your first list.

I've seen you Treats post in the RFS vs Tstaff discussion thread, not trying to attack you or anything. I know that the damage bonus to 2 handers below 28 or something was changed somewhat recently so I'm not a super expert on the subject but it just seems crazy that a 60k RFS isnt on par wth the Ac/SoS but you say an IFS is. An IFS is just a RFS with a slower delay.

I don't understand. RFS is on par with the AC/SoS combo, its #3. IFS is down at #5.

#1 Tranquil Staff
#2 Adamantite Club/Stave of Shielding
#3 Runed Fighter's Staff
#4 Peacebringer

#5 Adamantite Club/Knuckle Dusters
#5 Imbued Fighters Staff
#5 Wu's Quivering Staff

Yanomamo
01-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Where would you say Jade Mace / KD falls?

godbox
01-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Where would you say Jade Mace / KD falls?

to the ground?