PDA

View Full Version : Velious?

maahes
01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm brand new to the server and have been reading the forums now for about a week. I have not stumbled across any information on when Velious would be released. Only that the devs want to keep it close to the time line that live in 2000. I know Epics just were released recently along with VP.

Now for the record, I personally hope Velious is not released for a good long while. I need plenty of time to catch up. Not to mention I would love to have my Epic before Velious doors were open.

Thanks in advance all.

Werlop
01-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Kunark was about 7 months from the devs posting they were 'more than halfway done' to full release. I do not expect to see Velious before winter 2012 at the soonest.
With epics out, the only major Kunark content left are revamps. So far, new content has been released about 2 months apart (Hole, VP, epics) so I would expect the revamps around March and word on Velious progress a month or two later.

Edrick
01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Velious is going to be so grand. I can't wait.

maahes
01-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes yes yes it is. But since I am brand new to the server I would like to enjoy some Kunark.

Thank you Werlop.

gambetto
01-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Velious was the best expansion imo. Can't wait!

Extunarian
01-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Kunark was about 7 months from the devs posting they were 'more than halfway done' to full release. I do not expect to see Velious before winter 2012 at the soonest.
With epics out, the only major Kunark content left are revamps. So far, new content has been released about 2 months apart (Hole, VP, epics) so I would expect the revamps around March and word on Velious progress a month or two later.

Which revamps? Hate, fear and chardok were all post-velious...

Nirgon
01-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Not to mention Velious is like the crowning achievement if they can get that down pat.

I can also see a lot of people being very eager to test Velious.

eqravenprince
01-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Velious was the best expansion ever! Kunark didn't do much for me, barely spent any time there. Spent countless hours in Velious zones though.

Maurk
01-13-2012, 04:52 PM
What about the best of the best tourney that happened late Kunark!

WTB
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8927&page=3

Grozmok
01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes yes yes it is. But since I am brand new to the server I would like to enjoy some Kunark.

This.

That is all.

eqravenprince
01-13-2012, 05:09 PM

Thank you Werlop.

Why would Velious prevent you from enjoying Kunark. I think you will be fine even if Velious was released soon. It's not like Kunark has prevented me from enjoying classic zones. Also, the server is stopping at Velious praise Innoruuk!

Edrick
01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Was there a better quest line in the game than the Coldain ring series? I'm having trouble thinking of anything that tops that.

maahes
01-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Why would Velious prevent you from enjoying Kunark. I think you will be fine even if Velious was released soon. It's not like Kunark has prevented me from enjoying classic zones. Also, the server is stopping at Velious praise Innoruuk!

Stopping is a very interesting concept in MMO's or RPG's for that matter.

Truheart
01-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Tower of Frozen Shadow > all

funhorroryes
01-14-2012, 11:09 AM
every major raid mob will be killed on the release of velious.

especially with there being no level 65 or anything id say EQ will become ALTequest

Motec
01-14-2012, 06:15 PM
every major raid mob will be killed on the release of velious.

especially with there being no level 65 or anything id say EQ will become ALTequest

We all quit when kunark was cleared.

Versus
01-14-2012, 06:23 PM
rofl awesome sig Motec

Edrick
01-14-2012, 06:57 PM
How long will it take for NTOV/ST to be cleared, since the strategies are already known? How long did it take (I'm assuming FoH) to do it back then?

Werlop
01-14-2012, 08:38 PM
It took FoH months to kill Avatar of War. They were able to clear NTOV pretty easily, but it takes a long time to gear up the 60-70 man raid forces that fight demands.
Sleeper's Tomb requires a key. The bottleneck drop drops 6 times a week. It will take a couple of months for guilds to get enough keys for that.
Everything else will be slaughtered in a glorious 24-hour raid-a-thon on day 1 of release. Unlike with the Kunark release, the raid guilds have no levelling to do before they try to go for server firsts.

Kole1
01-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Sleeper's Tomb requires a key. The bottleneck drop drops 6 times a week. It will take a couple of months for guilds to get enough keys for that.

At the start of velious the only ST key Talismans should be Kland, Zland, Sontalak, Lendi and Yelinak so 5. so maybe 2 weeks till a warder dies, prob 3

Motec
01-14-2012, 11:25 PM
At the start of velious the only ST key Talismans should be Kland, Zland, Sontalak, Lendi and Yelinak so 5. so maybe 2 weeks till a warder dies, prob 3

Assuming one guild gets them. Knowing how simple zland and lendi are, you can expect them to be spread amongst 3-4 guilds, and i dont see sontalak or yelinak dieing with kunark dps.