PDA

View Full Version : thank you, project 1999

whackan
01-15-2012, 08:17 AM
We don't know who you are, but we will find you and we will thank you!

Seriously, we've been here for two weeks and haven't spent that much time on the boards to thank you individually.

but thank you all for bringing project 1999 to life, thank you for recognizing the need...

thank you for devoting your time & energy; to the devs, the guides, the moderators, the contributors... to all of you, an EMPHATIC "thank you!"

now where do we go to help?

Clooney & Dsseven

Flunklesnarkin
01-15-2012, 08:24 AM
We don't know who you are, but we will find you and we will thank you!

Seriously, we've been here for two weeks and haven't spent that much time on the boards to thank you individually.

but thank you all for bringing project 1999 to life, thank you for recognizing the need...

thank you for devoting your time & energy; to the devs, the guides, the moderators, the contributors... to all of you, an EMPHATIC "thank you!"

Clooney & Dsseven

They got a nice thread on beta testing in the bug forums

or you can help build up the p99 wiki with your experience on p99 if you want to give back in other ways than donating.

Caridry
01-15-2012, 01:32 PM
or you can help build up the p99 wiki with your experience on p99

this is particularly where i like to help, i lot of old stuff that i find that isnt on the wiki that i like to add to the wiki.

I just added a faction building guide, one of these days im bored, i might actually re compose the entire guide.

Edrick
01-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks Rogean and the rest of the project 1999 staff. EQ really screwed up my life back in the day, but I still have so many good memories of it nonetheless. The nostalgia this server brings to me is something I am deeply appreciative of.

fischsemmel
01-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks Rogean and the rest of the project 1999 staff. EQ really screwed up my life back in the day, but I still have so many good memories of it nonetheless. The nostalgia this server brings to me is something I am deeply appreciative of.

How come you just keep killing a few mobs right outside of the outpost with darkness + fire nukes? Shouldn't you be killing bards with dots or something? :)

Grozmok
01-15-2012, 09:54 PM
+∞

I'm glad to find some pre-Luclin EQ again, takes me way back. Corpse runs and all.

Edrick
01-16-2012, 02:06 AM
How come you just keep killing a few mobs right outside of the outpost with darkness + fire nukes? Shouldn't you be killing bards with dots or something? :)

I've been purposely leveling up in different areas than I did during EQ live, just to try something different. I figured I would try it in Kunark, since I was already 50 when it came out. But yes I did get four levels on Misty Storyswapper.

Pyrocat
01-16-2012, 02:43 AM
I always say this, and not to detract from any of the work Rogean or other developers have put in, but special thanks to Nilbog for this is his baby and without him and dedication none of this would have happened.

valkabo
01-16-2012, 10:10 AM
I often times stroll through gfay or any other 'newbie zone' on a lowbie character and hang out with people. Chat them up, and if I think they're new to the server, I come back on my main and give them plat or gear. With a nice welcome to p99 message.

Thats how I help! Because I'm unemployed lol

Blither
01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I also want to say a huge thank you to Rogean and crew. This is the EQ experience that I thought was gone and would never get to have again. I've been scouring old email lists from my old guild and can happily announce that I've gotten a few of them to come back.

And BTW, Amelinda is AMAZING!!! <3

Nagash
01-16-2012, 03:23 PM

Clooney & Dsseven

You can help yourself to the minibar if you're thirsty, just make sure Rogean doesn't catch you emptying his can of beer (seriously, you don't want to upset him). If hungry, Nilbog keeps replenishing the fridge so go ahead (just don't touch Rogean's doughnuts). If in need of a massage, well, I'll let you find out.

On a serious note, the devs and guides make an awesome work and the community is fantastic (at least outside of the raid environment from what I understand).