PDA

View Full Version : Spells: shadowstep/yonder

Slave
12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Shadow Step, back in the day, could NEVER EVER put you at a higher elevation than you started. In addition, it could not teleport you over a higher elevation mark than where you started --- ie, it could not take you over a hill to the other side on a lower elevation.

Furthermore, it seems to be taking people WAY WAY farther than it should. Shadow Step could be used to teleport like 200' total. It was extremely rare to have a Shadow Step take someone out of spell range. Here, people are able to use it as a 100% escape PvP button. It's making the classes that can use it much, much more elusive than they should be.

Ssleeve
12-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Provide patch notes or some evidence, these "I recall or I remember" post are useless for actually getting things changed.

gloinz
12-03-2011, 11:11 PM
ya it never put you at a elevation higher than where u started not sure about anything else

Slave
12-04-2011, 12:30 AM
It's a start. There was nothing else on this around and I'm not a great researcher. I ONLY pvp'd from 1999-2002.

If someone had their back to a hill, you knew that limited their Shadow Step or Yonder to only places in front of the hill. You could totally eliminate an entire 180 degree area, turn and scan the remaining vectors very quickly for the offender. It could not take you through solid objects except for doors.

Dfn
12-07-2011, 12:33 AM
It should only take you to ground lower than you. It would also never take you through hills, castles, etc. It needs to be within your field of vision. Right now it's get out of jail free 100% of the time card. At least on live you could have a good idea of which direction they were going with it.

Slave
12-07-2011, 12:57 AM
I reported this, try this thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=56444

Mouse
12-07-2011, 04:25 AM
Yeah and shadowstepping out of max druid track radius is pretty ridiculous... Radius is masssssssive on shadowstep right now

mourning
12-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Indeed, it would not phase you through walls or take you up, only down on the z axis. Currently it is wildly op and not functioning right.

Zigfreed
12-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Nod nod, played a wizzy on classic and even the tiniest bit of elevation would stop you from moving in a direction. The only way to get reallllly far was to cast on top of a hill and it definitely never went through anything. Too lazy to look up proof tho so...

Filthed
12-09-2011, 07:41 PM
this isnt fade guys move along nothing to see, shadowstep always had % to move you far out of harms way,, its just very rare that itll actually happen,, and it almost always goes too lower elevation atm if there is water u bet ur ass they shadowstepped into it

Truth
12-09-2011, 07:52 PM
shadowstep up is legal wasn't nerfed until grav flux nerf in Luclin

Darwoth
12-09-2011, 08:41 PM
yeah currently shadowstep takes you farther than it should, not only goes uphill but also through walls etc. in classic you had to run up to an elevated point to get any distance worth a shit and it would not take you up hill let alone through walls.

Darwoth
01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
is this ever going to be fixed?

currently it goes through walls, gives the max range every time and goes uphill.

on live it did not go uphill or through walls and it was rare to teleport more than 20 or so yards away, frequently they would still be within range of your spells.

gets pretty annoying trying to fight some cheesebag that just spams this 10 mana 1 sec cast spell the second your in spell range and is teleported half a zone away.

Nirgon
01-16-2012, 03:50 PM
True, it should not pass through hills etc.

Lazortag
01-16-2012, 06:29 PM

currently it ... gives the max range every time ...

Make sure when you post a bug report that what you say is actually accurate.

The rest of what you say is true though. Shadow step is kind of OP at the moment.

Arillious
01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Agreed that it shouldn't go through walls or hills. Are you sure it always goes max range every time? A wizard shadowstepped/yondered on me today and only went a few yards away. Maybe the average is higher than it should be but some variance is still in place...

Nirgon
01-17-2012, 03:01 PM
The issue isn't whether it is OP or not. You also don't always get max distance, so that part is inaccurate.

The issue is that it should not be able to pass through any terrain that isn't on exactly even footing from where it was cast or where a line of sight exists not visible to the caster.

Nizzarr
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
distances are way too big too, I never saw that shit on live. I rarely had people yonder 3 miles out of range before this server.

Nirgon
01-17-2012, 03:38 PM
I certainly have casted Yonder on live in the Karanas and been like where the fuck am I? It does have a huge max range given even footing all around.

Vibe
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Everyone that posted here must be after a certain necro's head on a daily..*cough * *cough*

Nirgon
01-17-2012, 08:23 PM
People posting here must be after bugs or problems being fixed.

Oh look posting for another wizard "nerf".

Silikten
01-22-2012, 03:03 AM

currently it goes through walls, gives the max range every time and goes uphill.

on live it did not go uphill or through walls and it was rare to teleport more than 20 or so yards away, frequently they would still be within range of your spells.

gets pretty annoying trying to fight some cheesebag that just spams this 10 mana 1 sec cast spell the second your in spell range and is teleported half a zone away.

what about a cheesebag that spams root nets. those should be fixed also.

Darwoth
01-22-2012, 07:05 AM
what about a cheesebag that spams root nets. those should be fixed also.

make your own thread if you want to cry that i root netted you or a friend of yours, this one is about yonder.