01-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Edits

Nirgon
01-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Of your choices, enchanter or wizard

Silentone
01-17-2012, 08:38 PM
1. lots racing to high end, but at peaks can still get groups
2. you wont notice it much, also if u find a person who is willing to group with you in another zone u bypass the penalty. =p
3. pretty even spread of all classes if you ask me to be honest. i cant even touch on this one myself. i know there was a pie chart out a while back but eh....i dont think u will notice a big hole in the classes, with that said the three musts in a group most the time are cleric/tank/enchanter
4. cleric, enchanter i guess i personaly dont have a input here for you.

welcome to the community you will find it to be an amazing experience and a breath of fresh air.

Naerron
01-17-2012, 08:56 PM
this is a pretty age old generic answer....but, make all three of em and decide which one you enjoy the most....

Wizard - Much harder to get groups than necros and especially chanters. You will spend most of your time alone. However you do get the ability to port which is nice. But, with there only being kunark and classic out, you can run just about anywhere in 20 mins once you have an OT hammer. Wizards are great DPS even at high end here. Also keep in mind the way you go about lvling on a wizard changes a lot as you level up.. You will not be quad kiting till like lvl 40's unless your twinked out. So, from what i've heard wizards are a bit of a slow start.

Necros - A little more likely to get groups than a wizard but not by much. But, this class was born to solo so its not such a big deal. You have a ton of utility as a necro. FD, rez, DA, heals, taps, snares, roots, manna conversion. However your high end raid DPS is lacking to say the least. But, i've seen necros save a raid by being able to make a CR happen quickly, i've also seen necros do an awesome job pulling on raids.

Chanters- Great class, great solo and grouping ability. You will never have a hard time finding groups however. This is def an on your toes sort of class, compared to a wizard and necro where u can be semi afk in groups most of the time, or even soloing as a necro, or large downtime soloing as a wiz. So, just think about your play style and if you like to be more casual (aka smoke blunts and watch TV while you play or be looking at the screen the whole time).

This was a very short and quick lil comparison. Took all of 8 minutes!! I have personally never played any of these chars as a main..My best EQ friend for about 8 years played one on live and i remember loving to us it to sit my warrior at tables and farm him AA on the necro and had a blast fooling around other times, but the class was much better high end DPS at that point in the game too. So like i said in the beginning i recommend giving each class a shot.

veto
01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Make friends with people that do skyfire AE and level fast at like 55+ - thus wizard is the best choice

falkun
01-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Make friends with people that do skyfire AE and level fast at like 55+ - thus wizard is the best choice

Good luck AEing in Skyfire.

To answer the OP:

1) Decent sized community on P99: averaging around 400 or so during peak hours, with higher spikes when raid content spawns.

2) No comment, I'm a bard.

3) Group: Enc > Necro > Wiz. Raid: Wiz ~ Enc > Necro (very arguable). Raid comment: some guilds need the mobility of ports and the burn DPS of wizards, others need an enchanter to be able to raid, while necros are pretty prolific on this server due to their ability to solo so well.

4) As mentioned, wiz and necro will allow you more semi-afk time than an ENC. However an ENC should have no problems finding groups. But necros can also be really busy if they are dungeon crawling solo. As far as leveling vs. end game, everyone wants an L60 wizard, but doesn't want to put in the effort to get them there, and while everyone wants an L60 enc/necro too, people do not seem to mind putting in the effort to get them there.

tekniq
01-18-2012, 12:01 PM
1. lots racing to high end, but at peaks can still get groups
2. you wont notice it much, also if u find a person who is willing to group with you in another zone u bypass the penalty. =p
3. pretty even spread of all classes if you ask me to be honest. i cant even touch on this one myself. i know there was a pie chart out a while back but eh....i dont think u will notice a big hole in the classes, with that said the three musts in a group most the time are cleric/tank/enchanter
4. cleric, enchanter i guess i personaly dont have a input here for you.

welcome to the community you will find it to be an amazing experience and a breath of fresh air.

I believe they patched that last month.