PDA

View Full Version : Since the server ends at velious make the sleeper a mob that respawns...?

Naerron
01-17-2012, 11:35 PM
This is just a thought. It would also stop a ton of drama. Make it just as hard as live, taking 100's of people to kill. Dropping things like all/all epic weapons?? Or custom items, or scrolls that let you attain a title. I think a cool aspect would also be cool to make the warders don't re spawn again until he's killed. Will make the server have to come together to stop him from rampaging all of velious!

Rikimeru
01-17-2012, 11:36 PM
would be awesome

Kika Maslyaka
01-18-2012, 01:57 AM
No. When Sleeper awakens, it will randomly spawn around the world and kill any player or npc it finds. All npcs/mobs killed by the Sleeper will no longer spawn in the game, and any players killed by the Sleeper will be marked as "perma-dead" - you will no longer be able to to log that char in, neither delete it to make a new one.

Once all the npcs and players are permanently killed, the server will turn itself off, and EQ will finally be "completed".
The End.

Ravager
01-18-2012, 09:17 AM
No. When Sleeper awakens, it will randomly spawn around the world and kill any player or npc it finds. All npcs/mobs killed by the Sleeper will no longer spawn in the game, and any players killed by the Sleeper will be marked as "perma-dead" - you will no longer be able to to log that char in, neither delete it to make a new one.

Once all the npcs and players are permanently killed, the server will turn itself off, and EQ will finally be "completed".
The End.

I like it! Screw Hollywood endings.

Szeth
01-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I would be down for a kill or be killed after awhile in Velious. Basically tell TMO/IB/Playerbase to get along or get deleted.

Zadrian
01-18-2012, 10:37 AM
I would be down for a kill or be killed after awhile in Velious. Basically tell TMO/IB/Playerbase to get along or get deleted.

Forced friendship is like arranged marriage. You aren't really sure about it at first, but sooner or later you get used to each other.

DoucLangur
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Sleeper unkillable until a couple expansions later...? I.e. you would have needed many more players than the zone server could process in order to outdps his regen and rez & rebuff people faster than he kills them?

As for this server, I think the best solution would be to make the sleeper permanently sleeping: Sleepers Tomb should not suffer a permanent change without another expansion upcoming, since it is *the* endzone. Removing primal velium drops and the likes after the first guild is "done" farming items, robs everyone else of the endgame.

Just my 2c

Slozem

Rogean
01-18-2012, 02:13 PM
It took 220 people in god gear to kill the sleeper.. and one detail that everyone seems to forget about, at the time they killed it there had just been a patch that broke npc regen to non existant. A sleeper with working regen would have been unkillable.

Extunarian
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM

The End.

Awesome.

ownrage
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
It took 220 people in god gear to kill the sleeper.. and one detail that everyone seems to forget about, at the time they killed it there had just been a patch that broke npc regen to non existant. A sleeper with working regen would have been unkillable.

Rogean...perhaps in order to keep the loot drops that disappear after the sleeper awakes...send out a warning that if the sleeper awakens, the entire server is wiped and restarts!...then we'll see which top tiered guilds are even gonna dare waken all 4 warders!

DoucLangur
01-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Rogean...perhaps in order to keep the loot drops that disappear after the sleeper awakes...send out a warning that if the sleeper awakens, the entire server is wiped and restarts!...then we'll see which top tiered guilds are even gonna dare waken all 4 warders!

awesome idea :D

maahes
01-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Or maybe stay true to classic and let the players decide the fate of the server?

El Culo
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM

test is only server (maybe alkabor?) with unawaked sleeper, thought about /testcopy'ing my 90 ranger over and molo'ing it

Extunarian
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Or maybe stay true to classic and let a few players decide the fate of the server?

I'm not for or against waking the sleeper...it's a long ways off...but most of the playerbase won't have any input if/when the time comes.

falkun
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM
most of the playerbase won't have any input if/when the time comes

...if you...

let the players decide the fate of the server.

eqravenprince
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
test is only server (maybe alkabor?) with unawaked sleeper, thought about /testcopy'ing my 90 ranger over and molo'ing it

What in the heck is molo'ing it? Some new fangled term for current EQ I guess.

Pscottdai
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Moloing is "soloing" with a mercenary (technically you aren't soloing so they came up with the term moloing).

Currently on live you can hire mercenary clerics, tanks, melee dps, and caster dps. So pretty much anyone can "molo" some of the more difficult older content easily.

DoucLangur
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Or maybe stay true to classic and let the players decide the fate of the server?

Wherein "the players" are the 20-30 players with least of a life on the server? Riiiight....

medievalerror
01-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Someone explain the Sleeper to me...I have little experience with the Velious expansion. What happens when he awakens?

Aprio
01-21-2012, 08:42 PM
He pretty much wipes everything and can zone, heard a rumour he kills his way to skyshrine to punch Yelinak in the face

Darwoth
01-21-2012, 08:45 PM
make the sleeper reset the server

baub
01-21-2012, 08:54 PM
make the sleeper reset the server

^

When he's awakened have him do a broadcast of WIPE IT CLEAN

DoucLangur
01-21-2012, 09:22 PM
We could make our custom story: Sleeper awakens -> Mother Veeshan returns because she is the only one that can keep him in check, and decides to wipe out the world population (because the conscient beings have become too powerful to make this world a safe prison for the sleeper), and then put him to sleep again. The conscient races then awaken anew and it's history repeating...

Only restriction: We get to keep our playernames (i.e. make all toons level 1 without skills or gear)

Story is then adjusted to be self-consistent without further expansions :)

Slozem

Flunklesnarkin
01-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I think it would make sense to have the sleeper on a timer.

Maybe a 2~4 week respawn.

That way its gear would still be accessible.. but not super common.

maybe remove the kill everybody on server thing after first downing tho lol.

Flunklesnarkin
01-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I really hope you make it so the Sleeper can't be "woken" on this server.

Otherwise there's one VERY clear ending to this story: Whichever guild gets in first and kills the Warders will farm a bunch of SoDs and other droppables then intentionally wake the Sleeper so they can sell said items for 500k.

yah.. one time encounters with best gear in game go hand in hand with rmt and selling for big money.. just sayin'

medievalerror
01-22-2012, 12:08 AM
make all toons level 1 without skills or gear)

Slozem

Why reset the server? The game never ends. There are so many zones, race/class combos, etc. Don't forget about the rest of us who take a long time to make it to level 60, if we ever do. Just make another character! If you get that bored that you want a server reset, just hand over your goods and find another server with more expansions!

medievalerror
01-22-2012, 12:11 AM
So the extremely selfish, ass-hole-ridden end game guilds on P99 will intentionally wake the Sleeper after getting a large number of said "droppables" so they can sell them for retarded amounts of platinum.....OR, perhaps, simply so nobody else can have said items.

If that's the case, then I totally agree: Don't allow the Sleeper to be awoken. Seems pretty pointless to just have him flying around Norrath taking out every dragon before most of us and other potential P99 players have a chance...

funhorroryes
01-22-2012, 10:54 AM

god gear didnt matter he was immune to weapons and insta killed anyway

Dreads
01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
So the extremely selfish, ass-hole-ridden end game guilds on P99 will intentionally wake the Sleeper after getting a large number of said "droppables" so they can RMT them for retarded amounts of MONEY.....OR, perhaps, simply so nobody else can have said items.

Darwoth
01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
make the zone pvp enabled, no keys or level limits and sleeper wipes server.

Treats
01-22-2012, 10:02 PM
If you kill all of the Warders (the 4 boss dragons) in Sleeper's Tomb it awakens "Kerafym, The Sleeper"

Kerafym then goes around the world killing all the dragons that inhabit Norrath. After this the "Warders" become "Ancients" and their loot table changes.

Namely....the Warders no longer drop some really cool, HIGHLY valuable DROPPABLE items. The Sceptre of Destruction being the most infamous.

The Ancients were not added until later. When the Sleeper is awoken there are only three encounters left in ST. You lose the items from the Warders + their Primal drops.

Dravingar
01-23-2012, 05:58 AM
make the zone pvp enabled, no keys or level limits and sleeper wipes server.

Fuck yeah bro, PVP is such a blast. That's why it has such an active playerbase.

Also, Sleeper will be awoken 1 1/2 months after velious launches tops, unless they postpone it like VP then it will be awoken the day it goes live.

Darwoth
01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
pvp is a blast, which is why every single mmo to come out in years including shitty themepark ones includes pvp. it just happens that the majority of THIS community are whiney children unable to handle adversity in any form.

Aprio
01-23-2012, 02:52 PM
In true red server response. ^mad