PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Questing, Greetings & more....

Dekrastius
01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Just trying to get oriented before I get in game...

1) Do the rules stipulate that people aren't allow to MQ? I just wonder... if I happened to pass Quillmane, etc and got the cloak - and COULD help a mage out - would it be legit? I'm not sure so I need to know..

2) Also, how is everyone coming by their copy of Everquest Titanium? Theyre like 80 bucks no matter where you look... Is there a different place I should be looking? Because 80 bucks is ridiculous... Can't believe I threw out my Titanium copy a couple years ago after being off EQ due to the dramatic playerbase shift... I'd be 80 bucks richer had I not!!!

3) Please let me know and please link any related threads etc so I can begin to orient with the server...

4) And feel free to comment on the class I should lean towards for a Non-raiding - Primarily solo only character class...*** I won't have the time or luxury of being in groups when I play - as I have many other obligations to uphold. So I'm just looking for something fun to play that I can still progress steadily.

My ideas:

Shaman
Magician
Necro
Paladin

***I'm interested in hearing people opinions on the soloability and progressive ability through soloing of the above classes... The game will be fun regardless of what class I play. So no, "Play whatever is fun" comments, please! =)

Thanks and once I find

Daldaen
01-18-2012, 12:19 PM
1. Yes MQ is allowed for epics and J-Boots. Other quests aren't scripts.

2. piraTes park their bOats in bays. Really it is Rare to sEe aNy of These pirates around now as days though.

3. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60272 Scroll down to my post

4. All of those are good picks. Paladin prolly the hardest without twinking.

Raavak
01-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Lolz. Good one.

Szeth
01-18-2012, 12:43 PM
well played dald

Nirgon
01-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Gear comes pretty cheap for paladins here.

Tank, enchanter or healer (shaman or cleric prefs) if you want to group.

Extunarian
01-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Just trying to get oriented before I get in game...

1) Do the rules stipulate that people aren't allow to MQ? I just wonder... if I happened to pass Quillmane, etc and got the cloak - and COULD help a mage out - would it be legit? I'm not sure so I need to know..

There is on 'rule,' just that every script needs to be manually changed to allow for MQ, so the developers have only implemented it for some quests: namely Epics and JBoots.

Dekrastius
01-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Yeah Dald, I stumbled upon that thread earlier this morning. Its great for getting INTO game... but I'm trying to orient myself within game. I'm sure FP is the place to start... With EC right outside its hard to beat... Plus its where I started every character I have played, save the Dark Elfs who were but a hop skip and a jump away... I'm really excited to get my fix of nostalgia..

I think I'll probably play a Mage or Necro... due to their abilities... though I worry about Mages. I've read a lot of posts about 50% damage from pet = loss of exp... I dont want that, or need that... I just wanna get on and have a blast... And I'm going to hate not having SOW lol.... I'm sure i'll manage though... This will be my in game name unless some troll decides to steal it. I hope to see you all in game... I'll be on blue, as I have never had a taste for PvP.

Cheers to all and thanks for your responses.

2 more questions... Do the dungeons still hold their regular exp bonuses and do we have a record of what dungeons hold what bonus?

And, Are those MISERABLE hell levels still in place??

falkun
01-19-2012, 08:35 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/atlas.html

Those should cover ~80% of any questions you have regarding P99.

Dungeons typically have higher ZEMs than outdoor zones. We have an idea of what dungeons hold what bonus (See the ZEM list (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List) on the wiki, NOTE THE CAVEAT).

Miserable hell levels are miserable. 54 with my bard was brutal, I'm not looking forward to 59.

cmdrrickhunter
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
2) Also, how is everyone coming by their copy of Everquest Titanium? Theyre like 80 bucks no matter where you look... Is there a different place I should be looking? Because 80 bucks is ridiculous... Can't believe I threw out my Titanium copy a couple years ago after being off EQ due to the dramatic playerbase shift... I'd be 80 bucks richer had I not!!!

IANAL, but I have been lead to believe that your purchase of EQ Titanium was the purchase of the right to use the copyrighted material, not just just the vacuum coated plastic that makes up a CDrom. Under that line of thinking, acquiring the data from "alternative sources" would be legal (as far as I can tell, legal under US law). Doing so is merely re-acquiring the bits (which, themselves are easily reproduced and unprotected), not re-acquiring the rights to the copyrighted content (because you already have the rights, from Sony, by purchasing the game correctly years ago).

This line of logic may not be quite so strong if you had purchased a different version and patched it up to EQTitanium, but your wording was that you had purchased that specific version.

I believe this pattern is no different than the pre-internet possibility of my friend and I each buying a game separately. After leaving the game for several years, we both decide it'd be nostalgic to pick the game up again. I open my jeweled case, to find the CD cracked because I had sat on it (true.. **sniff** my beloved SC:Broodwar CD). I then use his media to install the game on my computer, but use my CD-key and my account. I've held the rights to the copyrighted data the whole time (in fact, I am in possession of the (cracked) CD if anyone needed proof of purchase).

Now if your girlfriend wanted to play along, then you would "have to" pony up for at least 1 proper licensed copy of EQ Titanium for her, because you only bought 1 copy in the past, not 2.

And while I may put "have to" in quotes, its flat out the right thing to do. Sony developed the game, pay them for their work. The only way for us to get rid of these horrible crippling POS anti-piracy measures is to start respecting the copyright holders, and then push to have them return the respect. Anything else leads to bickering and trash like SOPA/PIPA