PDA

View Full Version : rogue ranged attack bonuses

guineapig
04-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I was looking around in old patch notes and came across this from a couple months before Kunark was released:

------------------------------
February 17, 2000 7:00 am
------------------------------

*Rogue Enhancements*

Rogues received several enhancements as part of this patch:

- The chance to score a critical hit with a throwing weapon has been
increased significantly.

- When throwing a weapon from behind the NPC in question, a rogue now
has a chance to score a "Deadly Strike", for enhanced damage above and
beyond that of a critical hit.

I was just wondering if these damage and crit bonuses already exist on this server or if they are planning on being implemented? I'm sure in practice it isn't that cool (hence why I never see rogues using throwing weapons in combat) but at least in theory it sounds awesome.

PearlJammzz
04-20-2010, 03:53 PM
I have my ranged skill up to 125ish, and I have yet to ever get a crit on my rogue. I for sure have never got a deadly strike (what this constitutes damage wise..anyone know?). Are the crits even working for any of you rogues?

And we use them to pull...we can sneak-pull single from camps. This wasn't working awhile ago, but haven't been the puller in a group for some time so I dunno. Anymore info on the damage levels these are supposed to have?

Atennu
04-20-2010, 07:51 PM
MOAR crits

Atennu
04-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm sure in practice it isn't that cool (hence why I never see rogues using throwing weapons in combat) but at least in theory it sounds awesome.

The fact that you're posting patch notes with deadly strikes is awesome. Because if they have the ranged crit before kunark; im sure they'd have just the melee crit. Further insight on this?

ShadowWulf
04-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Where did you get these patch notes from? Can you provide a link?

Kinamur1999
04-21-2010, 12:38 AM
And we use them to pull...we can sneak-pull single from camps. This wasn't working awhile ago, but haven't been the puller in a group for some time so I dunno.

I was really looking forward to sneak pulling on my ranger but sneak is kind of buggy, its still possible to sneak pull but its not quite as reliable as id hoped it would be.

guineapig
04-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Where did you get these patch notes from? Can you provide a link?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-1.html

just do a control+f to find what you want on the page.

Yes, rogues should definitely already have ranged crits.
Also, they should have have deadly strike roughly 2 months before Kunark goes live (roughly in time with PoA).

guineapig
04-24-2010, 07:08 PM
So has any rogue on the server been able to get crits from thrown weapons?