PDA

View Full Version : Do they ever purge unused characters?

medievalerror
01-20-2012, 10:06 PM
I have a feeling there are a lot out there. I know on Live they used to purge the server every so often of characters that were unused (say, under level 10 AND hadn't been played in at least a year). Does this ever happen here?

Dravingar
01-20-2012, 10:18 PM
I'd say highly doubtful and I never once had an account/character purged on Live even after 5-6 years and it being a level 1 mule so always thought that was just a rumor.

Pico
01-20-2012, 10:21 PM
lemme guess u want the name legolas. too bad, ive been waiting on that gem for 3 years now

medievalerror
01-20-2012, 10:53 PM
I was hoping for Nolan myself...

medievalerror
01-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Or, you know, something cooler...like Steve

Jify
01-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Or, you know, something cooler...like Steve

Or Doug.

Doors
01-21-2012, 03:46 AM
WTB the name Doopy

fischsemmel
01-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Did you guys all miss the thread from a few days ago, where some new guy mentioned that his favorite name was taken and (Rogean? Nilbog? I can't keep them straight) posted and said something like "Well I checked and the name you want is taken by a level [<10] and it hasn't been logged on in almost a year... so I'll change it and let you take your name."?

Of course, I don't think he would be exactly thrilled when 1/2 the server starts making posts in the petition forum asking about their favorite spelling of XxzLeggolyselfzxX.

medievalerror
01-21-2012, 01:09 PM
It's certainly not something that was a big enough deal for me to post about--I already have plenty of characters with sweet-ass names (i.e., my signature). Was just curious, particularly as there are sometimes long spans of time I am unable to log in for. So for that reason it's good to know they don't actually do this, though I certainly wouldn't mind a two-year purge or something like that. God knows there are plenty of peeps who log in, pick up a sweet-ass name (particularly in the early months of P99 starting), and then never play again.

Dekrastius
01-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Steve trumps Xarsith any day...

Daldaen
01-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Purges were done by clearing off any level 1-5 character who hadnt been on in 2 weeks or so. If you often play one of your toons it didn't get purged.

That being said I doubt it'd happen here. Not enough accounts I don't think. Back then it was split between like 20-30 servers, here its 1-2.

Fianna
01-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Did you guys all miss the thread from a few days ago, where some new guy mentioned that his favorite name was taken and (Rogean? Nilbog? I can't keep them straight) posted and said something like "Well I checked and the name you want is taken by a level [<10] and it hasn't been logged on in almost a year... so I'll change it and let you take your name."?

Of course, I don't think he would be exactly thrilled when 1/2 the server starts making posts in the petition forum asking about their favorite spelling of XxzLeggolyselfzxX.

Can you find that thread? I made a petition about the very same issue but no response for 4 days.