visage
01-21-2012, 09:08 AM
HMMM

Kiwix
01-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Reboot as in... ?

Awwalike
01-21-2012, 09:15 AM
I would jack off just seeing it in server select.

godbox
01-21-2012, 01:36 PM
would it reboot at blue number 2? then yes maybe get a not so fucked economy in ec lol

SCB
01-21-2012, 02:28 PM
would it reboot at blue number 2? then yes maybe get a not so fucked economy in ec lol

This.

fischsemmel
01-21-2012, 02:31 PM
What's so wrong with the economy in EC?

I would especially like to know what's wrong with it from the perspective of a new and/or casual player.

SCB
01-21-2012, 02:32 PM
What's so wrong with the economy in EC?

I would especially like to know what's wrong with it from the perspective of a new and/or casual player.

very hard for new people to really break into because low-level items dont sell for much.

once you get a character up its not bad, but the low-mid levels can be tight if you dont have a solo character as your first

this is all just imo

fischsemmel
01-21-2012, 02:39 PM
very hard for new people to really break into because low-level items dont sell for much.

once you get a character up its not bad, but the low-mid levels can be tight if you dont have a solo character as your first

this is all just imo

I'm failing to see how it is hard for a new player to "break into" the server when they could spend an hour killing decaying skeletons in wfp and then sell those chips for enough to buy themselves full banded + jewelry + weapons.

What level do you think a character would have to be to get that stuff solo or with a group of other non-twinks?

$$$-wise it is way, way easier to "break into" the server now than it would be if it were younger.

Now when it comes to finding groups... sure, it is harder to do that now than it would be on a freshly-wiped server. But that isn't what was being complained about.

Siegfried
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Even if red was reset, I could pretty much guarantee it would eventually devolve into the godawful u mad, confirmed mad, retarded mess it is now.

SCB
01-21-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm failing to see how it is hard for a new player to "break into" the server when they could spend an hour killing decaying skeletons in wfp and then sell those chips for enough to buy themselves full banded + jewelry + weapons.

What level do you think a character would have to be to get that stuff solo or with a group of other non-twinks?

$$$-wise it is way, way easier to "break into" the server now than it would be if it were younger.

Now when it comes to finding groups... sure, it is harder to do that now than it would be on a freshly-wiped server. But that isn't what was being complained about.

To break into the economy, not the server. It's very easy (and this is a big positive) to get some decent starting gear as a new player. Low-level groups are pretty easy to come by too, so another huge plus.

But mid+ items tend to cost more due to plat inflation, and lower-level farmable items dont sell for as much. Thus, it is hard for a newer character to break into the economy and do any real trading until they level up a lot.

I don't have any real problems with the economy per se, but you did ask specifically what I don't like about the economy