PDA

View Full Version : Lguk undead frogs

Juugox2
01-26-2012, 11:42 AM
just wondering why they dont flee at low health? i know for a fact on live they did. (and yes i know most undead doesnt flee) but these did.

fischsemmel
01-26-2012, 12:06 PM
You're gonna need proof of what you're saying, or else people are just going to come in here and yell at you.

Juugox2
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
pretty hard to prove it .. unless i could find a old lower guk video from live.. i know im right.. but of course all these "good players" wont say anything

kaev
01-26-2012, 12:15 PM
You're gonna need proof of what you're saying, or else people are just going to come in here and yell at you.

I haven't been to LGuk here yet, but if the dead frogs aren't fleeing at low health that's pretty pathetic. Means an awful lot of players who knew better never said a word and just cheerfully collected the easier XP and loot. Trains of dead frogs in LGuk were pretty much certain without root/snare (or with an unfortunately timed root break). The only time the train risk wouldn't have been there would have been the last 2-3 months before Kunark release when the zone was usually camped end to end 24x7.

Mantel
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
There are dozens of things different on this server vs live. I mean you can be deathtouched on p99 while your harmsheilded. On live mob would wait till harmsheild faded unless someone else agro before hs faded. There are ton of little things that aren't the same.

Glorindale
01-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Means an awful lot of players who knew better never said a word and just cheerfully collected the easier XP and loot.

Get over yourself. Produce proof or get off your high horse.

Flunklesnarkin
01-26-2012, 12:29 PM
I never seen any undead that runs at low health. (unless it had some magic effect cast on it to make it run)

not the most experienced but i can't recall ever having seen it.. or seen it since i played p99

i bet the poster just confused the live frogs with the undead frogs.... you know i hear syphilis rots the brain.. may wanna check with your doctor ;p

Raavak
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
It is different here. Like in Seb, they maybe run later? On Live we seemed to always make sure we had a snarer in group. I never hear that called for here.

Szeth
01-26-2012, 01:05 PM
elf skeleton runs!

Kassel
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
When the server came out they did not even need to run to cause mad trains, aggro via floors and walls, good times !

fischsemmel
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
pretty hard to prove it .. unless i could find a old lower guk video from live.. i know im right.. but of course all these "good players" wont say anything

You don't need a video, just go look at allakhazam comments and stuff like that. When you see someone post "Dude, zomg, make sure you snare those froggie ghouls in lguk or else when they run you get some massive trains!" you're good to go.

Nobody gives a shit if you "know" you're right, most especially the people in charge.

Extunarian
01-26-2012, 01:38 PM
bugs forum exists for a reason, and someone posted about this only one month ago, with nilbog requesting more info from others:

From december:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57531

from march: (though I read his 'proof' and the document does not specifically discern if they are talking about live or dead mobs when it says they run early)
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29361

So don't be shocked when your post - in the wrong forum and with no evidence - is derided.

Anyway, after about 30 minutes of searching just now, this is the only thing I found that stated dead mobs in ass/sup fled.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1875#m107227695060755

It is odd to me that I couldn't find tons of guides and forum posts that would have referenced the fact that these undead mobs have the unique trait of fleeing. I would think you'd see such warnings everywhere. I don't think this is ample evidence to say they fled...

Edit: I just found this:
http://www.necrotalk.com/archive/index.php/t-7726.html
The undead mostly run in this zone, with the exception of the Icebones

Updated the most recent bug thread with these sources.

Pscottdai
01-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I know for a fact (not that that matters!) they fled back then and they still do today on live :)

Just saying :)

LizardNecro
01-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Yep they sure did. That was the cause of legendary lguk trains!

Zigfreed
01-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Wow nice remember. They sure did didn't they?
Earlier someone asked for another undead that ran, Undertow skeletons in Dagnors also run.

Fianna
01-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I also remember this. They did definietly flee.

Also, is there a list of things between live and p1999 that are different?

gnomishfirework
01-27-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't have any proof, but I do recall undead froggies running as well. So, there must be some proof out there.

Of course, this was years ago. It's really hard to be certain about anything.

BlackTriad
01-27-2012, 01:16 PM

phobus
01-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Earlier someone asked for another undead that ran, Undertow skeletons in Dagnors also run.

Paineel guards, too.

DoucLangur
01-28-2012, 02:36 PM
just wondering why they dont flee at low health? i know for a fact on live they did. (and yes i know most undead doesnt flee) but these did.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57531

I posted a bug report on this some time ago. Initially got told I was wrong, but Jorg has just bumped the thread with some proof. Maybe we can get it patched.

There are dozens of things different on this server vs live. I mean you can be deathtouched on p99 while your harmsheilded. On live mob would wait till harmsheild faded unless someone else agro before hs faded.

That is definitely not true for the Velious era. PoFear golems (after revamp post-epics), Master Yael, PoSky DTers - they would all deathtouch you right through harmshield. I'm pretty sure it always was like this.

Slozem

Mirox
01-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I spent 39-45 as a chanter in LGUK on live during kunark/velious and they did flee. I don't have any proof other than personal experience, but I remember how relieved I was when we did have a snarer, because if we did not, I had to root or stun them so they wouldn't run..

I think it was bad because they had sow from frog shammies?

Daldaen
01-28-2012, 04:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85jTw0BZC1w

Not new but the 1st frog he kills which he nukes with ice, turns to run.

They still run on live if you want me to confirm that, and they did back in classic as well.

nilbog
04-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Undead frogs of Lower Guk flee when low on hp.

bylbob
04-22-2012, 01:58 AM
The allakhazam post is from 2003, the video is from 2010, I don't call that classic infos.

I did a lot of Pling in lguk during PoP, my strat was to dmg shield myself then to taunt everysingle frog i could find, i would then let them die on my DS, and my noob char will land a single AE to tag all the xp, so they clearly didn't run or I will not have been able to do that. But it was during PoP maybe pre PoP at some point they did flee, but i see no proof of it in this thread.

DoucLangur
04-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Fixed, pending update.

Undead frogs of Lower Guk flee when low on hp.

Woot! Thanks nilbog! This will add to the classic feel! I spent so much time in LGuk!

DoucLangur
04-22-2012, 07:09 AM
On live mob would wait till harmsheild faded unless someone else agro before hs faded.

After Velious release: Not true! I have tested exactly that on my first DT mob pulls. DT went right through HS on live.

And I suspect it wasn't true in pre-Velious classic either.

Tealia
04-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Yea, i clearly remember sitting up in the supplier room and snaring so the mobs wouldn't run down the ladder.