PDA

View Full Version : Thank you everyone for the memories :)

Arkyani
01-26-2012, 12:29 PM
So as some of you may have noticed, I gave up ownership over my account (Arkyiane and Arkyiani) since real life needs some things that need sorting out and p1999 wasnt exactly helping. I do have a small little cleric that I made just to log in when I have a few minutes to say hello to everyone, but them times may be few and far in between.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the memories. The main reason I played on the server was to help people - and I tried my best to do that. Most people who leveled in Oasis at one time or another was most likely helped by me in some way. The drive by clarities were also something I'll miss. It was almost like a game seeing if I could cast fast enough to land it on someone before they got out of range, lol.

Anyway. It was a blast playing with everyone and maybe one day when things are so bad I'll find time to start leveling up a new character.

Although, it does pain me a bit to see that people I've been friends with for so long, that their care wasnt in that I was gone, it was over the items my character had were. So sadly some people see loot as more important then friendship, but then again thats most likely why they play. I played for the people, the bonds, and the rest I could care less about.

Keep up the great community - even you r&f people have your part. Without you guys, the other people wouldnt look so friendly. lol. Joking aside though, I've never played a game where I've felt as if the people were my friends, not just people playing on the other end, other then EQ, and p1999 does a great job recreating that.

I prided myself on being the most helpful person I could be in EQ, and I can only hope that some other people take my place since I'm gone. It wouldnt be the same without the random, thoughtless helping of others.

So I guess all I really want to say is Thank you. Even if I was the one helping you, I thank you for the time I was able to spend just talking with you all and meeting every single one of you. It kills me that I have to do this but difficult choices aren't called that because they are easy.

I'll still pop on the forums when I have a chance (even though my work blocks project1999.org, can you believe that? horrible. I know) and hopefully one I'll be back in game like old times :)

Be safe everyone and Thank you for everything.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
I'll miss you, Arky. <3

Fountree
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Bye Arky, great playing with you. Cheers and good luck!

elementalking
01-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Gonna miss you around man! Sucks it has to end like this! Hope all goes well with the RL stuff!

EK

Raavak
01-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.
~Dale Evans

joppykid
01-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Nicest person I have met, I was in OT LFG for like 30 minutes with no luck so Arky sends me a tell to come to SF Ramp. And imagine this I get one of the best PLs of my life from an Enchanter, it was awesome. I've seen him in oasis giving away amazing items to noobs. Will never be able to replace a person like this. You will be missed man! Good Luck in the Real World for now!

Bruman
01-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I feel I need to respond to this quick bit:

Although, it does pain me a bit to see that people I've been friends with for so long, that their care wasnt in that I was gone, it was over the items my character had were. So sadly some people see loot as more important then friendship, but then again thats most likely why they play. I played for the people, the bonds, and the rest I could care less about.

That's not really a fair thing to say. I know some of the people you're referring to, and it was due to how it was handled. We found out because someone knew the person who bought your account, not hearing it from you first.

Some members felt the guild had invested a lot of time into your toons, and this robbed that investment. You can't claim to not be about loot or care at all, when you stripped and sold them for PP, for a game you said you were done with. It's just some obvious hypocrisy. You obviously cared more about taking the time to sell all your droppables and sell the account (which would've taken time) than telling the guild what was happening. That's why people are upset.

I didn't really want to put such statements in a goodbye thread, but you can't make wrong statements about people caring "more about loot than friendship" without me calling bullshit on it.

Anywhos, I personally don't care what you did with your toon, loot, pp, whatever, but hope you get your RL shit straightened out! Good luck man!

Bruman
01-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Oh and also, if you're having trouble accessing the forum at work, try using the secure version :)

https://www.project1999.org/forums/index.php

Nagash
01-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Hope IRL treats you well mate.

Silentone
01-26-2012, 02:51 PM
hope your real life comes together. Grouped with you a few times at Necro/gang in Seb, was always a blast

Zadrian
01-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Goodluck brother, don't sweat the small stuff.

Arkyani
01-26-2012, 03:36 PM
I feel I need to respond to this quick bit:

That's not really a fair thing to say. I know some of the people you're referring to, and it was due to how it was handled. We found out because someone knew the person who bought your account, not hearing it from you first.

Some members felt the guild had invested a lot of time into your toons, and this robbed that investment. You can't claim to not be about loot or care at all, when you stripped and sold them for PP, for a game you said you were done with. It's just some obvious hypocrisy. You obviously cared more about taking the time to sell all your droppables and sell the account (which would've taken time) than telling the guild what was happening. That's why people are upset.

I didn't really want to put such statements in a goodbye thread, but you can't make wrong statements about people caring "more about loot than friendship" without me calling bullshit on it.

Anywhos, I personally don't care what you did with your toon, loot, pp, whatever, but hope you get your RL shit straightened out! Good luck man!

Just to respond to this.. I only sold 3 items from my rogue (offhand, idol, and some other little thing I forgot) and zero from my enchanter. If that counts as stripping a character then some people play their whole lives with a stripped melee. Granted the off-hand was worth quite a bit, it was bought with money I acquired myself. The only dropable item I ever got from a guild raid was a sebilite croaking dirk. Any other time I received loot it was defaulted to me since it would have rotted if I didnt loot it. I waited until everybody was geared before I bothered with mine. Any time someone else could use something that dropped, I passed on it. If I cared about loot I wouldn't give away 20k worth of gear every few weeks. I still most likely have 30k worth of gear lent out to the guild that I didn't bother asking for back since it never was a big deal to me to begin with. Granted the guild did help with killing Renux and General for my epic, that took a whole ten minutes. Not saying I didnt appreciate it, because everyone was always helpful any time anyone needed it, its just that it seemed that some people were more worried about losing my loot then losing a friend.

So no, it wasn't hypocritical in any way. I spent years doing nothing but helping everyone, and instead of a "man, it sucks that ark left", its "man, he should have gave us the one item back that he got from a raid."

I just never expected people in the guild to be like that I guess.

And just to mention, although I wanted it to be a surprise but its relevant to this post, I still haven't worked out my going away presents. I have over 100k in pp that I've decided to give out out to friends. THATS why I sold my dropables.

Although lastly, I do agree I could of said something, but it wasnt exactly something I planned. It was just one day I realized how much to shit things in my life have went and that day I said screw this, I'm going to do something about it. It wasnt exactly the most thought out thing, but I hope it works at least..

arsenalpow
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I I just never expected people in the guild to be like that I guess...

This isn't about the pixels. We contacted Amelinda immediately when we realized arky was no longer in your control, we were positive you had been hacked. Some people, including myself, were upset because we were blindsided. Thats the beef.

It's moot though, what's done is done. Get your RL together. See ya around.

Arkyani
01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
I totally understand that part, that wasnt at all what I was referring too. I thought it was awesome you guys went through such great lengths to verify that it was indeed true. I couldnt of asked for more. If in the event that someones account was hacked, I could only pray that their friends were as quick to finding out as mine. I seriously appreciated that.

And as for real life.. yea. me too.. I think thats one of the reasons I enjoyed p1999 so much. Its the one place I could really help people out and have a good time, instead of what was happening out of game. But after so long of ignoring a problem by doing something else, it only gets worse. And finally I just had to do something rash, and I did. I do regret not letting people know sooner though.

Yajirobe Yajipants
01-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Good luck to you, Arky. Whether or not you return to EQ, I hope things in the real world work out the best way for you.

Labyrrinth
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Good Luck Arky :) Hope you get things sorted out

Shrooms
01-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Goodluck Arkyyyyyy.

I always enjoyed playing with you and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Rasah
01-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I'll miss you Arky.

Cyph
01-26-2012, 09:19 PM
I never met you but you sound like a top bloke. Sad to see you go

Grozmok
01-26-2012, 09:21 PM
TLDR

Can I have your stuff?

(In all seriousness, losing a good player is never a good thing. This game only survives when there are people around to play it!)

Futor
01-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Arky,

It was fun playing with you on clumsy's/P99. Thank you for everything you have done and get you RL straightened out. Next time we meet up at Pat's King of Steaks your cheese steak is on me.

Keldril

Lazortag
01-26-2012, 11:25 PM
I liked you Arky, I hope you sort things out irl.

Alura
01-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Arky,

I know that wasn't easy, and that sometimes people just have to let go of all or nothing in order to make rl happen, but you will be missed dearly. I hate to see my good friends leaving, but I look forward to seeing 'ALURAAAA!!!' in my chat window sometime in the future! Good luck buddy! I wish you nothing but the best out of life! =)

<3,

Alura

SyanideGas
01-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Hope all goes well man,it sucks to see you gone. Was extremely bummed out when I heard that you left.Had alot of really fun times with ya. Probably one of the best friendships ive had in all the games ive played..Was a pleasure meeting you! Thanks again for all the help you've given me. Its really appreciated. Hope to see ya in game sometime again in the future! :P

Take it easy brother,stay safe.

zahlia
01-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Oh no oh no! I am sadgnome see soso nice frien' go 'way! But it is sounds like you maded good d'cision fer self, so I happy fer you at same time. I am hopes veryvery much you finds in RL some of the joy you bringed to so many folks inna game. Lotsa lucks an' lotsa loves!

sanluen
01-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Hit me up for cheesesteaks someday soon bro!

Arkyani
01-28-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm always down for cheese steaks, haha. Man them things were so damn good last time. First time I ever had pats - funny being that I live in Philly. lol.

Rasah
01-28-2012, 05:46 PM
You live in Philly? Neighbor!

Quizy
01-28-2012, 10:53 PM
I totally understand that part, that wasnt at all what I was referring too. I thought it was awesome you guys went through such great lengths to verify that it was indeed true. I couldnt of asked for more. If in the event that someones account was hacked, I could only pray that their friends were as quick to finding out as mine. I seriously appreciated that.

And as for real life.. yea. me too.. I think thats one of the reasons I enjoyed p1999 so much. Its the one place I could really help people out and have a good time, instead of what was happening out of game. But after so long of ignoring a problem by doing something else, it only gets worse. And finally I just had to do something rash, and I did. I do regret not letting people know sooner though.

Don't let the hot head haters like bruman get you down.. dude's a forum troll and obv twisting the truth..

I've only pugged with you and you play like me.. always willing to hop on ur ench if needed or w/e.. your a good guy.. good luck with RL and it was great to know you all the grps in seb i had with you on Quizy or Bunn.

Seeya man!

Lanuven
01-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Have a good one man! Was always fun grouping with you.

Yohindo
02-07-2012, 02:34 PM
I wish i got to say good bye. Thank you for all the great times, grouping when we were lowbies are some of my fondest memories. Hope you work things out in RL Arky, When you come back on your new Char please Hit me up and we can do it all over.

Take Care.

Barkordor.

gprater
02-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Arky is one of my fav peeps . I benefitted many times from the drive-bys. The limited number of raids I attended while in BDA ( and listening in Vent) was a hoot. Listening to Arky on vent I always conjured up up the classic Hippy image. It seemed like nothing ever bothered you. Take care of yourself.

Andrus

mefisto
02-20-2012, 02:26 AM
Arky you are a bastard. I just came back 2 days ago and I find out that you left me not 2 weeks ago?

Smyd
02-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Be safe :) Hope your RL gets sorted out quickly so you can rejoin us all in Norrath!!

I kiss you.