PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Phased
01-28-2012, 04:46 PM
I just wanted to take a quick second to thank the people of this server for being awesome.

I started playing EQ 12 years ago and played for years. Eventually I tried WoW and other games but nothing I did in that game could mirror the satisfaction and fun of EQ. Other games were just too easy and as a result it seemed like it either attracted the wrong crowd or changed peoples' behavior; everyone solo'd and in instance groups people just left if the item they needed dropped. I could still tell you all the people that helped my paladin along the way to getting my FA/FD and it's been 11 years since. Yet I can't remember a single person from WoW that wasn't a guildmate.

With that said, the nostalgia took over and I found myself scouring the internet and here I am. I had so much fun the first night killing skeletons trying to get a cracked stuff and running to the guards that I told my brother who played briefly 10 years ago and he started up too.

So without further ado, thank you for all the buffs, rezzes, gear, and money! I'm going from memory here so if I forgot you I apologize:

Medra: Felt bad for me being broke and bought a wolf pelt for 2 plat. Bought my first bags.
Greame: Druid buffs = levels.
Grimreaperr: Handing out 40 gold to newbies at the tunnel. Tripled my money!
Tolsimir: Ranja buffs.
Nomie: Can't thank you enough! Made a full set of Cured Silk for me and a full suit of Banded for my brother, and is if that wasn't enough got us each a weapon(a very good one at that). I'd probably be level 4 without your help. Amazing.
Thistlecoat: After dying in the Swamp and Feerrott about 4-5 times each to lizardmen, gators, frogloks we decided to try Southern Ro. While easier to navigate, it's still rough, so we offered to pay someone to buff us. Instead he gave us gear, money, and helped us get a level.
Schfifty: Thanks for the buffs and subsequent SoWs for corpse runs when I make the sad realization that thorns and regen don't make you invulnerable to mobs twice your level hah. Level 8s in oasis?!
Napkin: During a trip to Oasis to sell the rusted weapons from Southern Ro and a dry bones skeleton introduced himself to me inside the inn. Figuring it would be a longshot, we asked for a rezz, and yet Napkin went out of his way to the corpse for my first rezz(96% too!).
Claax: Still using a fist? Well here's a free weapon! Awesome.

We've only been playing for two days and are level 9 with full armor and magic weapons. I've had so much fun that I told a friend and we should have another adventurer joining our death party.

So be on the lookout for Phased(human monk) and Bartoslaw, a troll SK. See you out there and thanks again!

Aprio
01-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the server :)

Boombha
01-28-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm glad you are having fun!!

I've grouped with Claax a few times, he's a good guy.

DeadL
01-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Schfifty here. Glad you're having a good time! I was pretty excited with the server when I had first started here as well. :)

http://i.imgur.com/TG6rH.gif