PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Necro or GTFO?

Anesthia
01-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Iksar Necro or GTFO?

LizardNecro
01-28-2012, 08:12 PM
It's honestly Iksar or gtfo. Regen is that good.

Clever
01-28-2012, 08:34 PM
If you already had a level 60 Erudite necro, it'd still be worth it to ditch him and roll an Iksar.

fischsemmel
01-28-2012, 08:41 PM
It's honestly Iksar or gtfo. Regen is that good.

It's that good at 56+. Before then it is nice but it's not exactly game-changing. At level 50 it's only 1 more hp per tick standing or feigned and 4 more per tick sitting.

Slave
01-28-2012, 11:10 PM
It's game breaking at pretty much all levels, both in regeneration and experience penalty.

acid_reflux
01-29-2012, 01:23 AM
i played iksar necro on live as my main for a few years. hated the tail sticking out of the robe. Other than the tail, that i wanted to self mutilate right off my ass, it kicked ass being iksar. just kill everything and to hell with faction.

fischsemmel
01-29-2012, 01:40 AM
It's game breaking at pretty much all levels, both in regeneration and experience penalty.

How, exactly, is +1 standing and +4 sitting hp regen game breaking at ANY level, let alone at level 50 when that is the bonus iksars have over the other races?

Again. The regen is not that significant until 56+ when it's almost like having 24/7 chloroplast on you. Best part of it imo is the increased regen while FD.

Slave
01-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Anyone that has played them will tell you iksar regeneration is very powerful and iksar experience penalty is very prohibitive.

Nirgon
01-29-2012, 06:25 AM
When you can AFK (on blue) with Lich or maybe just call of bones and break even on hps? It's pretty hot.

fischsemmel
01-29-2012, 09:50 AM
When you can AFK (on blue) with Lich or maybe just call of bones and break even on hps? It's pretty hot.

You all need to stop exaggerating about how great the regen is. Just look at the god damned numbers.

Lich is 32 damage per tick. Iksar regen TOPS OUT at 18 sitting at level 60. At 49 when you first get lich, an iksar's sitting regen is only freaking 6.

acid_reflux
01-29-2012, 10:38 AM
On this server, the convenience of having your home city on kunark is the best part of being iksar. You really don't have to leave kunark for leveling. Field if bone is the best noob zone.

fischsemmel
01-29-2012, 11:04 AM
On this server, the convenience of having your home city on kunark is the best part of being iksar. You really don't have to leave kunark for leveling. Field if bone is the best noob zone.

So close to kurn's, too! :)

webrunner5
01-29-2012, 01:59 PM
You all need to stop exaggerating about how great the regen is. Just look at the god damned numbers.

Lich is 32 damage per tick. Iksar regen TOPS OUT at 18 sitting at level 60. At 49 when you first get lich, an iksar's sitting regen is only freaking 6.

If you don't think the difference is huge check out this link. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32169 Scary difference at the top, and no slouch at the start. Twice as much till 50 is HUGE to me. And it gets scary better after that.

Autotune
01-29-2012, 02:43 PM
It doesn't matter what race you choose.

I would have been an iksar had then been avail, just because of the way the robes look. However, I am an erudite necro and I would not reroll an iksar necro for the regen.

If you look at just the regen difference, obv iksar > all other races. If you look at the entire races, it is all pretty even in a way. You just have to be pro to know.

Go pro.

Clever
01-29-2012, 03:19 PM

It's no exaggeration. At level 60 an Iksar necro only loses -7hp per tick sitting with the 49 lich and only -20 per tick with the 60 lich. Compare this with -25 and -38 per tick for other races. How is it an exaggeration when an Iksar necro running the 60 lich loses fewer HP than any other necro running the 49 lich?

webrunner5
01-29-2012, 05:58 PM
A lot of people can't, and don't want to deal with the KoS thing pretty much everywhere, and I can understand that. It does suck at times buying and selling. But other than
the home city it is really pretty easy to understand if you kill anything it really doesn't make a crap. They hated you anyways. Beats having to click on everyone
to see if they like you or not. Just kill them all. Makes life pretty simple.

Nirgon
01-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Iksar also has an AC bonus

Dokuton
01-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Cool thanks for ruining me. After reading this thread I'm quitting my 25 Gnome Necromancer to reroll Iskar.

I wish someone would make it more apparent on the project 1999 wiki that Iskar don't just get a "regeneration bonus" and put Iskar get a "Game changing Regeneration bonus". Would of saved someone new to the game a lot of time, but hey I'm still having fun.

Darian
01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Cool thanks for ruining me. After reading this thread I'm quitting my 25 Gnome Necromancer to reroll Iskar.

I wish someone would make it more apparent on the project 1999 wiki that Iskar don't just get a "regeneration bonus" and put Iskar get a "Game changing Regeneration bonus". Would of saved someone new to the game a lot of time, but hey I'm still having fun.

Meh. It's a great bonus, and it does make Iksar the clear best choice, but I wouldn't call it game-changing. I'm a DE and there isn't anything iksar can do that I can't, except a faster downtime (which is mitigated by the 20% xp penalty). Also, easier for other races to get to INT cap = more slots for +hp and +mana swag

I think the closest you'll come to a game-changing racial innate is the Ogre stun immunity, because it allows Ogre shamans to solo Velious targets that other shaman races can't... at least that seems to be the consensus

Aprio
01-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Meh. It's a great bonus, and it does make Iksar the clear best choice, but I wouldn't call it game-changing. I'm a DE and there isn't anything iksar can do that I can't, except a faster downtime (which is mitigated by the 20% xp penalty). Also, easier for other races to get to INT cap = more slots for +hp and +mana swag

I think the closest you'll come to a game-changing racial innate is the Ogre stun immunity, because it allows Ogre shamans to solo Velious targets that other shaman races can't... at least that seems to be the consensus

I remember a Barbarian shaman in my guild soloing western wastes, Ogre stun immunity, while awesome, isn't a requirement for soloing the dragons there.

Dokuton
01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Lv 25 is not to huge of a sacrifice i don't think anyways. At least i can transfer items over and plat. Anyone know the easiest way to get to freeport as a noob Iskar?

Aprio
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Stay in Kunark Dok, field of bone > kurns will see you hit 20 in no time

maahes
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Lv 25 is not to huge of a sacrifice i don't think anyways. At least i can transfer items over and plat. Anyone know the easiest way to get to freeport as a noob Iskar?

Find a Druid or a Wiz to meet you.

fischsemmel
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm a DE and there isn't anything iksar can do that I can't, except a faster downtime (which is mitigated by the 20% xp penalty).

Exactly. In fact, I would argue that the shorter downtime brought on for an iksar necro because of the regen is actually totally negated (and then some) because of the xp penalty.

And yeah yeah sure whatever, it's the "best" choice if you will actually spend 5x as much time /played at 60 as you do 1-59 and if you're going to be a hardcore raider. But unless that is you AND you want to be an iksar... then don't worry about not having the regen.

The people who tell you iksar or gtfo are the same people who says troll and iksar regen is "wasted" on a shaman because they get torpor, and the same people who tell you that you should put all your starting points into stamina on any character you make, etc.

godbox
01-30-2012, 06:55 PM
dude dont reroll over it unless you have played a heavy exp penalty before its no joke.

Dokuton
01-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm not a pussy when it comes to working for experience. I'm playing classic Everquest and not afraid of time-sinks. If i wanted to be lv 60 as quick as i could i would play any of the easy-mode MMOS. But thanks for warning me i understand how draining it can be, but the benefits at 60 are to sexy.

LizardNecro
01-30-2012, 08:59 PM
You're making the right choice imho Dokuton. 25 is nothing compared to the journey ahead.

webrunner5
01-31-2012, 12:44 AM
20% XP penality is well worth the effort trust me. I hate sitting on my ass and the re gen helps that out a bunch. Plus it is just fun to kill almost everything you come across. Not much to lose. What faction? A Necro is supposed to be liked!!

godbox
01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
personnally im workin my classes backwards Troll SK now then probly iksar necro then something with no or low penalty then a halfling rouge

godbox
01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
really?!? spelling and puctiation comments I aint the mother fucker queen of british
dont act like hims didnt know what I said

fischsemmel
01-31-2012, 04:41 PM
really?!? spelling and puctiation comments I aint the mother fucker queen of british
dont act like hims didnt know what I said

Why isn't there a "committing suicide" smiley?

Some people really make me want one.

Sidenote:
Day 1: You're new to the server and make your into post.
Day 4: You're posting questions about iksar starting quests and whether food/water need to be in inventory slots instead of bags in order for your character to eat them.
Day 5: You WTB tens of thousands of PP worth of gear.
Day 11: You think you're going to twink a bard with a SS BP.

Me so confused.

godbox
01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Why isn't there a "committing suicide" smiley?

Some people really make me want one.

Sidenote:
Day 1: You're new to the server and make your into post.
Day 4: You're posting questions about iksar starting quests and whether food/water need to be in inventory slots instead of bags in order for your character to eat them.
Day 5: You WTB tens of thousands of PP worth of gear.
Day 11: You think you're going to twink a bard with a SS BP.

Me so confused.

lol you read every one of me posts with them smart eyeballs of yous?
hims need suicide smiley irl? lol