PDA

View Full Version : monk 2hb question

iknad
01-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Hey all, im new to the server. i have a level 21 monk and sombody gave me a baton of faith. i have 400 plat saved. should i get a wus quivering staff or stick with the baton and save my plat?

phobus
01-29-2012, 07:21 PM
What's your other gear like?

If you don't have a set of 55hp rings, I'd put the plat toward those first (should be 450-500pp for a pair). After that, I'd probably buy the Wu's staff and then start filling other slots.

DOPE
01-30-2012, 01:27 AM
What's your other gear like?

If you don't have a set of 55hp rings, I'd put the plat toward those first (should be 450-500pp for a pair). After that, I'd probably buy the Wu's staff and then start filling other slots.

Nailed it. PM me, I've got a Wu's staff you can have.

iknad
01-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Well my gear isnt too bad i guess, im sporting a full set of crescent armor from dalnir. I went down there when the necklace still dropped. Im finding the crescent to be lacking in armor class tho. How much better is the wus quivering compaired to the baton of faith tho? Is it worth upgrading the baton to the wus?

Yanomamo
01-31-2012, 12:54 AM
It is. Especially if it's free.

phobus
01-31-2012, 11:45 AM
The Crescent pieces don't have great AC, but in some slots it's as good as, or better than, anything else that's fairly inexpensive. For level 21, you're doing great if you've got a full set of Crescent. Look through the Monk equipment pages (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Category:Monk_Equipment) and plan out your gear upgrades in advance.

The Baton is a good weapon, but the Wu's staff is an excellent weapon. It's far and away the best bang for the buck in Monk weapons. See this comparison (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=519918&postcount=10), for example.

eqravenprince
01-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Wu's Quivering Staff is definitely better than Baton of Faith with the exception of weight. It is what I will use until I can afford a Tstaff.

Raavak
01-31-2012, 01:07 PM
That weight of 9.0 stones is rediculous, no? Puts my monk at like 19.0 or something, which at lvl 12 is way over the weight allowance. Yah it hits hard... 28 alot, but how much am I getting hit as a tradeoff?

eqravenprince
01-31-2012, 01:32 PM
That weight of 9.0 stones is rediculous, no? Puts my monk at like 19.0 or something, which at lvl 12 is way over the weight allowance. Yah it hits hard... 28 alot, but how much am I getting hit as a tradeoff?

With a set of Wu's armor + Wu's Quivering Staff + 2 rings + 2 earrings you should be at 10.7 weight. What are using that is adding the extra weight?

Raavak
01-31-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't even have earrings. So good question; I'll check it out later. I bet I looted something heavy in a slot I didnt have covered and didn't notice.

Silentone
01-31-2012, 03:25 PM
put these in class specific forums =P we have them now hehe

mwatt
01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
It's easy to get to 20 weight if you don't have nice weight reducing bags. Food, water, bandages and shuriken weights all add up quickly. I run 19 to 22 myself, even after relatively careful selection of gear. My Wu's staff is the main culprit.

On the other hand, I have heard that being a little bit overweight does not hurt your AC all that much.

fischsemmel
01-31-2012, 09:26 PM
On the other hand, I have heard that being a little bit overweight does not hurt your AC all that much.

No reason for you to go with what you've heard. You have a monk, and you have enough coin in your bank to turn into copper to find out how much weight does exactly what to your AC! :p

Yanomamo
01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
From what i've been told (would like confirmation) each stone reduces AC by about 8-10 ac, but the client doesn't report it properly

Raavak
02-02-2012, 10:19 AM
It was backpacks. I had 2, one with a bunch of bandages, though they themselves are only like 1.0 a stack of 20.

phobus
02-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Pick up a Shralok Pack or, if you're on a tight budget, one of the cheaper tailored bags (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Skill_Tailoring#Tailored_Containers) to hold food/drink/bandages.

You'll also want to pick up a Forager Bag (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Forager_Bag). The quest is doable solo in your teens, just get a couple of cloudy potions or have someone invis you if your FD is not reliable enough to get past the two guards at the Oggok entrance.

Pomaikai
02-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Shralok packs are a PITA to get. Why not try for a Traveller's Pack instead?

mwatt
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
No reason for you to go with what you've heard. You have a monk, and you have enough coin in your bank to turn into copper to find out how much weight does exactly what to your AC! :p

I have also "heard" that you can't really trust reported AC, particularly with a Monk. :)

acid_reflux
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
0.4 on the large sewing kit threw up a red flag... a quick Google showed it as 3.0 weight in the eqtraders site. Same on allakhazam.

fischsemmel
02-03-2012, 10:23 AM
0.4 on the large sewing kit threw up a red flag... a quick Google showed it as 3.0 weight in the eqtraders site. Same on allakhazam.

They weigh .4; go see for yourself.

Extunarian
02-03-2012, 10:44 AM

They were changed from 0.4 to 3.0 on or near 5/8/2001 (post velious).

phobus
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Large sewing kits are great bags for most characters. 8 giant slots that don't weigh much is nice for people who carry around an inventory full of bags.

But for a Monk, there's really no point in carrying around 6 or 8 or however many sewing kits since you'd be terribly encumbered long before you filled them all. That's why I suggested the cheap 10% weight-reduction tailored bags. Sure they're only 6 medium slots or whatever, but that's fine when all you need them for is carrying around stacks of bandages, food/drink, and shurikens. The little bit of weight reduction adds up.

The Forager Bag is even better, though. And did I mention it's easy to get?

Raavak
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
That's why I suggested the cheap 10% weight-reduction tailored bags. Sure they're only 6 medium slots or whatever...
Actually they are 10 slot, the ones made from HQ Bear Skins.

Extunarian
02-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Large sewing kits are great bags for most characters. 8 giant slots that don't weigh much is nice for people who carry around an inventory full of bags.

But for a Monk, there's really no point in carrying around 6 or 8 or however many sewing kits since you'd be terribly encumbered long before you filled them all. That's why I suggested the cheap 10% weight-reduction tailored bags. Sure they're only 6 medium slots or whatever, but that's fine when all you need them for is carrying around stacks of bandages, food/drink, and shurikens. The little bit of weight reduction adds up.

The Forager Bag is even better, though. And did I mention it's easy to get?

Large soiled bag is cheap, too. 100% wr, 10slot, small items only. I keep mine filled w/ pet daggers!

Bruman
02-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Large soiled bag is cheap, too. 100% wr, 10slot, small items only. I keep mine filled w/ pet daggers!

I was going to say something about it too - if you're of the proper level, you can hang out in SolB at Royals / Guano camp, and loot one for free. They rot often when exp groups are there.

fischsemmel
02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
[T]he cheap 10% weight-reduction tailored bags [are] fine when all you need them for is carrying around stacks of bandages, food/drink, and shurikens. The little bit of weight reduction adds up.

Handmade backpacks are a bad idea for carrying around bandages, food, drink, and shurikens. They cost many times more than large tailoring kits, and the 10% WR doesn't come close to making up for the fact that the handmade backpacks weigh 2.6 stones more than the kits.

phobus
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I was talking about the other handmade containers - look here (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Skill_Tailoring#Tailored_Containers).

Agreed that handmade backpacks are a lousy choice for a Monk, though.

falkun
02-03-2012, 12:48 PM

L2Classic...Live Zam and EQT have been updated. Check out this commend from 5/17/2001:

The item is no longer a "Large Sewing Kit", it is now a "Deluxe Sewing Kit".

The capacity has been changed from 8 giant items to 10 giant items.

The weight has been changed from 0.4 to 3.0 to where it is now at 4.0 .

They've been messing with a lot of containers lately, so there may still be changes made to this.

This is now a better item for bank inventory than tailored backpacks, so the market for tailored backpacks should basically dry up now. The minor weight reduction on tailored backpacks is hardly worth paying a premium for, when you can just get a lighter container if that's your main concern.
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20020501181712/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2596

Take Zam and EQT with a grain of salt. The wayback machine (http://www.archive.org/web/web.php) is your friend for serious details.