PDA

View Full Version : Whoever sold my wife's account to Freedom Guard

ukaking
01-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Tracking who you are down. You stole an account AND sold it to someone. SCUMBAG.
We got the account back, minus our plat. We are only casual players and that was all we had. This was her first time playing EQ and leveled her shammy to 52 and her cleric to 50. Thanks for being a low life piece of shit. We will announce your name when we get it.

Rais
01-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Besides the account info she gave out, what else did she give them? I mean you're right it's a bad situation, but did they hack your computer for the info? Does the community need to be aware?

Airdefier
01-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Besides the account info she gave out, what else did she give them?

zing!

ukaking
01-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Once we have answers as to how this happened, we will let you guys know.

ukaking
01-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Odonk sold the account. Found his post here and someone nailed it when they said the owner would come back and raise hell.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57757&page=3

He said it was his neighbor that quit in May? LOL. Sorry it was my wife's account and we have only been gone a few months. I hope you are ready to pay Callous his plat back you piece of shit.

Ssleeve
01-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Forget about people's hard work and investment in their characters I need more pixels!

Necrophiliac, what a piece of shit......

Yanomamo
01-30-2012, 03:50 AM
Who is the player so i can shun them forever, and how did he get the info so i may be more aware?

Ssleeve
01-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Who is the player so i can shun them forever, and how did he get the info so i may be more aware?

Necrophiliac, what a piece of shit......

Quizy
01-30-2012, 04:37 AM
yeah info had to be given out usually to have this happen.. no offense..

DoucLangur
01-30-2012, 05:25 AM
I call bullshit on the "stole an account" part. Account info was given out. At that point you're on your own.

ukaking
01-30-2012, 07:21 AM
I call bullshit on the "stole an account" part. Account info was given out. At that point you're on your own.

Depends on how you look at it.
Guildmate says: "I need a rez in such in such zone!"
Noob Wife says: "We are going to bed but here is my info, rez yourself and call it a night."
(Six months go by)
Account sold.....

So yes my wife was dumb for trusting someone, but just because someone borrows your car to go to the store, doesnt give them the right to sell it.

Bruno
01-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Depends on how you look at it.
Guildmate says: "I need a rez in such in such zone!"
Noob Wife says: "We are going to bed but here is my info, rez yourself and call it a night."
(Six months go by)
Account sold.....

So yes my wife was dumb for trusting someone, but just because someone borrows your car to go to the store, doesnt give them the right to sell it.

My rule of thumb is do not trust anyone you can't physically harm irl. I learned my lesson getting scammed two or three times back in like 2000. People like to play the roll of saints around here, but you will get robbed quicker than shit if they can get away with it.

DoucLangur
01-30-2012, 09:58 AM

That is pretty much like a random acquaintance saying they don't have anywhere to sleep and - because you're out of town that night - you leaving them the key under the doormat. Then wondering 6 months later that your house has been emptied of valuables.

I give out account information, but: only to people I trust to the degree of what the account is worth to me. E.g. no one gets access to my main account. On live maybe one person ever did get that, and even though I had no reason to distrust that person, and still don't, I changed the password temporarily just for that purpose, then changed it back later.

For some reason, I have never been scammed online.

Bottomline: You got your account back, fair enough, but I don't see you having a good enough point to come to the forums and rant the way you do... A relatively calm post stating what happened, and who did it, would probably serve your purpose better. For I am sure I am not the only one appreciating to be told of dicks nevertheless :)

webrunner5
01-30-2012, 10:12 AM
This just ends up being a stupid thread by someone that was stupid. End of story.

maverixdamighty
01-30-2012, 10:21 AM
glad you got your account back but kind of surprised you got GM assistance. If you give out the info you open yourself up to this kind of stuff.

ukaking
01-30-2012, 10:27 AM
I dont disagree. The wife knows I was heated as I have told her that u can't trust people like that. As for ranting, I think I have a right to call him out on being a low class piece of shit.

ukaking
01-30-2012, 10:28 AM
glad you got your account back but kind of surprised you got GM assistance. If you give out the info you open yourself up to this kind of stuff.

We got it back on our own. GMs weren't involved.

sawin
01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
would like to see a POMS list implemented.

maverixdamighty
01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
did you get it back via password reset or talked to the guy who bought it in game and he relinquished ownership? If he gave up ownership props to him.

Bohab
01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Only one that loses here is Callous...

ukaking
01-30-2012, 10:48 AM
I spoke in depth with an officer from Freedom Guard and we agreed that resetting the password was best. They were really great people and even offered to replace the stuff missing from the account. Freedom Guard are top notch.

Bruno
01-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Happy endings are my favorite.

briare
01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
"just because someone borrows your car to go to the store, doesnt give them the right to sell it."

my apologies for being insensitive to the situation but that's funny shit rofl, ty.

maahes
01-30-2012, 11:16 AM
When it comes down to it. It is simply a video game. You shouldn't call your wife dumb for her trusting someone..... Glad you got the account back, live and learn. And damn man, you might want to take your wife out for a night on the town. You probably made her feel like she was child.

ukaking
01-30-2012, 11:21 AM
never told my wife she was dumb. sorry if I gave that impression. everyone does something dumb sometimes.

Nirgon
01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
"My Account Was Hacked":

A. Downloaded TONS of goofy addons carelessly
B. Gave someone else the account info
C. Both A & B

Knuckle
01-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Besides the account info she gave out, what else did she give them? I mean you're right it's a bad situation, but did they hack your computer for the info? Does the community need to be aware?

Dazen
01-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Glad to see you got it back !

viscompt
01-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I spoke in depth with an officer from Freedom Guard and we agreed that resetting the password was best. They were really great people and even offered to replace the stuff missing from the account. Freedom Guard are top notch.

Yes, it looks like I have been had. I took a risk as the person selling the account was the GM of Venom by the name of Necrophiliac and I took his word at his honour. We are a guild of older folk (40 yrs old plus) of which I am the guild master and believe peoples word. I bought the account so as to use it to help guildies (and myself) for rezzes. I did not take anything of significance off the account...if anything I levelled the cleric to 50 from 49 and earned plat and gems onto her from rezzing folk in OOT.

I will not take what I have not rightly bought...however I will demand Necrophiliac to honour his obligation and return what was given for the account.

joppykid
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
I am pretty sure Necro (or made a new char) has since quit, or as far as I know he abandoned Venom without saying anything lol.

joppykid
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Happy endings are my favorite.

Tokai Saikutsu
01-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Was kinda wondering why i ran into Big Red and didnt get so much as a hello to an old guildie more than once......

CallnOutTheNubs
01-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Necrophiliac, what a piece of shit scamming dbag he is ......

Lanuven
01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
had some dealings with this moron before as well. ^

Silentone
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
i still hate the fact that accounts get sold on this server..so dirty.... =p

Boombha
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I saw Necro in the EC tunnel maybe 2 weeks back, his name caught my eye. So, I imagine he is still around somewhere, and if not on Necro, my guess, someone knows his alts and he can be pinned down.

cyryllis
01-30-2012, 04:31 PM
lol necrophiliac is a total scumbag, had previous experience with him in poison...doesnt surprise me to see that this was him

Lagaidh
01-30-2012, 06:18 PM
This is the perfect soap opera for the login server outage! They provide entertainment at all times!

maahes
01-30-2012, 06:29 PM
People yelling at the account owner and excusing the scammer....

This thread is basically a microcosm of the P99 server and the losers playing on it.

Exactly why I had to state that I was glad they got the account back.

BlackTriad
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM

Autotune
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
This is exactly why women should stay in the kitchen.

Rubexcube666
01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
I got my account hacked on WoW when i played, then realised it was gods will for me choosing WoW. /ohgodwhy

I can't wait to replay classic!

Daldaen
01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Ban Account Sales IMO.

Autotune
01-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah, banning account sales will totally stop people from being stupid and doing stupid things.

This totally solves this problem.

Totally.

teekanc
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Ban account sales.

PS: Wife probably cybering with person in question, shared account info as declaration of e-love.

Tiggles
01-30-2012, 07:12 PM
never told my wife she was dumb. sorry if I gave that impression. everyone does something dumb sometimes.

Your wifes dumb

mwatt
01-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Your wifes dumb

You say this with the lack of any punctuation, including a blantantly missing apostrophe...

Burrito
01-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Nah- all their plat and items should be given to me. I'll start setting up an evidence locker and neatly organize everything by case number into equipment slots and bank slots.

Pico
01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
listen if the girl didnt wanna be raped she shouldnt have been wearing that skirt and walking alone

Grozmok
01-31-2012, 07:44 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/nholmes/prelude/a80700e9.gif

viscompt
02-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Looking for Necrophiliac (Fizle or the toon he may have rolled) to honour his obligation as per his post http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57757&page=3 where he states:

in the extremely rare case that my neighbor does return, he has the 2 lvl 60s to play with...and in the even rarer case that he wants the shammy/cleric back i will refund the plat to the buyer.

Pls send tell to Callous or an officer of Freedom Guard (Ishaq/Seaweed/Mgellan/Drury/Dreadmore) for timing to pick up pp (or equiv).

Tuffpuppy
02-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odonk
account sold

Only a matter of a time till theres a rage post about getting scammed when the original owner returns..

Called it!

Flunklesnarkin
02-08-2012, 07:59 PM
If there was a way to change passwords in p99 i might understand account sales... it just seems silly to me otherwise

person can always just come back and gank shit when they get the feeling to start over.

viscompt
02-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Looking for Necrophiliac (Fizle or the toon he may have rolled) to honour his obligation as per his post http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...t=57757&page=3 where he states:

in the extremely rare case that my neighbor does return, he has the 2 lvl 60s to play with...and in the even rarer case that he wants the shammy/cleric back i will refund the plat to the buyer.

Pls send tell to Callous or an officer of Freedom Guard (Ishaq/Seaweed/Mgellan/Drury/Dreadmore) for timing to pick up pp (or equiv).

LordFresh
02-13-2012, 03:26 PM
This thread is hilarious.. for anyone not retarded.. the chances this kid logs back in and gives you back a full refund are little to none. I lold.

Pringles
02-13-2012, 04:03 PM
If there was a way to change passwords in p99 i might understand account sales... it just seems silly to me otherwise

? You can change your password.

LordFresh
02-13-2012, 04:11 PM

person can always just come back and gank shit when they get the feeling to start over.

not sure i get you, you can change your password... not sure if cerial

Gmal
02-13-2012, 04:24 PM

Umm you can change passwords on p99. You are very misinformed.

Zereh
02-13-2012, 05:07 PM
You have to go back to EQEmulator (http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php) to change your PW. From the home page click Loginsever Accounts. Then under Options, Change a LS password.

DarkwingDuck
02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
I have received nothing but gifts, buffs, and help from the people I've met on this server. I'm 15th and by this level on live in '99 and 2k I had been intentionally trained, KS'd, sworn at, and alot of other negative behavior occured. If you are new here like me and want to give P99 a try take that above comment with a grain of salt and come in and see for yourself.

I agree, as a friend and i have started playing a couple nights ago, there have been quite friendly ad helpful people.. with clairty buffs, and some plat for my 1-8 spells, Thanks so much.. enjoying being back after 7 years!!:)

Plutomoon
02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
This thread is hilarious.. for anyone not retarded.. the chances this kid logs back in and gives you back a full refund are little to none. I lold.

I don't think anyone's hopes are real high, but it doesn't hurt to try. I'd repost this once a week if it were me.

soulcaller
02-13-2012, 10:41 PM
i hate the fact that so many are opertunist in this world i am ired of people always taking people kindness and profitting off it he was givin a rez by nay Who is very nice person becuase she trusted and helped some one you insualt her i hope when your in trouble badly people just walk by and spit on you so you can see how bad of a person you are.

Yanomamo
02-13-2012, 11:07 PM
i hate the fact that so many are opertunist in this world i am ired of people always taking people kindness and profitting off it he was givin a rez by nay Who is very nice person becuase she trusted and helped some one you insualt her i hope when your in trouble badly people just walk by and spit on you so you can see how bad of a person you are.

i am tired of run on sentences

Edit: also i saw necro on the other day...was gonna bitch him out but figured it was pointless.