PDA

View Full Version : New Player!

Rubexcube666
01-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Hey! New player to the server, took me a while to get it running right.

A few quick things;

A: I am having a hard time getting used to running around again in the world, had to change around the keys, what do most of the vet players use as a UI/keybindings for movement?

B: The 'EQ' button dissapeared when i loaded the velious skin. Should I /reloadui or something to get it back?

C: Anyone else starting up as a woodelf? I'm a druid lvl 3 only hope to make 6 by the end of tonight. (only play after work for a few hours)

Thanks for the help and look forward to joining the community!!!

nichomachean
01-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey, welcome to the server!

If you would like, I recommend using Duxa's All-In-One Installer Tool (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28335). It will set things like movement keys to WASD, and you can fiddle with other items.

Loading different UIs is achieved with the /load command, if you want to head back to default (which has the EQ button), /load default works great!

I personally recommend Duxa's UI, it's very clean and informative.

Hope to see you in game!

Rubexcube666
01-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks, as soon as I get home I will get on this! I already changed a lot of the files up to set it up, will it just rewrite everything again?

Thanks again!

-Sowfastt

nichomachean
01-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks, as soon as I get home I will get on this! I already changed a lot of the files up to set it up, will it just rewrite everything again?

Thanks again!

-Sowfastt

You can tell the installer what you want it to do. The thread has more details on it.

Rubexcube666
01-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Read through it, very simple, that is a well created installer and UI!

Yanomamo
01-31-2012, 02:12 PM
consider switching to ESDF for movement. You are able to bind more abilities to keys nearby this way.

Rubexcube666
01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Dear Journal,

Day two, I am still on the forums at work, looking through old quests and spells for my drood to be.
Side effects: Anxiety

-Rubexcube