PDA

View Full Version : Gloomedeep caverns bug

Tr4c3r
01-31-2012, 06:06 PM
Whenever i create a character it tries to send me to gloomingdeep caverns. Is there a way to disable this because once it fails it sends me to the outside of the city and i cannot find my trainers.

fischsemmel
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Sounds like you messed up part of the process to make your client compatible with p1999.

Tr4c3r
01-31-2012, 06:11 PM
well its the only thing that doesnt work :/

Kender
01-31-2012, 07:14 PM
mine tries to load into the mines too but it ends up placing me right where im supposed to be

Nicolas Cage
01-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Some starting zones don't put you in the right place and just sticks you in front of the PoD; Qeynos comes to mind, and I think Neriak might too. Might bge the problem.

fischsemmel
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
it sends me to the outside of the city and i cannot find my trainers.

Not to be a hardass or anything, but you are kind of going to need to know how to get to your trainers once or twice over the next 60 levels. Might not hurt to figure out how to get there now, ya know?

On a related note, boy, it sure would be nice if the getting started post had useful noob info in it.

mwatt
01-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Are you using Titanium or SoF client? I think I vaguely remember seeing something like this back when SoF was semi-supported.

Littlestgnome
01-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Whenever i create a character it tries to send me to gloomingdeep caverns. Is there a way to disable this because once it fails it sends me to the outside of the city and i cannot find my trainers.

I vividly recall spending my first half hour of gaming on this singular task: Find the guy who wants this note. EQ was very much a no-frills "figure it out ya puss" game. Loved it, and I still do :)

Flunklesnarkin
01-31-2012, 10:47 PM
I see that w/e i create a character new as well it when you put in your new name and click accept

it says now entering mines of glooming deep or something but it doesn't actually put you in that zone..

it sends you to where you are suppose to go in your starter city.

Boombha
02-01-2012, 12:06 AM
It always says that when I create a new char, but always puts me near or in my city. Sometimes in front of my trainer, sometimes not. I just thought it was all a part of the game. I just use the maps on the wiki and find it straight away.