PDA

View Full Version : Parcer or DPS/Meters?

maahes
02-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Are these allowed? and do they exist?

Xanthias
02-01-2012, 01:17 AM
http://gambosoft.com/Pages/GamParse_Instructions.htm

nichomachean
02-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Oh Jesus. I don't think I heard of a DPS meter until World of Warcraft came around. :rolleyes:

maahes
02-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Thx much.

travatron
02-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Oh Jesus. I don't think I heard of a DPS meter until World of Warcraft came around. :rolleyes:

Really? They were very popular in classic EQ as well, they just exploded in wow because you could add them to the UI.

maahes
02-01-2012, 02:06 AM
I used one in Kunark on LIVE.

Zenlina
02-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Doesnt parse nukes from other people though. Maybe if the dev implements filter for nuke dmg from others in can parse that too. Currently it only shows melee dmg unless you calculating yourself then it shows nuke/proc/melee for self only.

DoucLangur
02-01-2012, 05:48 AM
Let me be the grammar nitpicker here: it is spelled "parser", not "parcer"

nichomachean
02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Really? They were very popular in classic EQ as well, they just exploded in wow because you could add them to the UI.

I have the vaguest inkling of rememberance of mages in my guild commenting about running damage meters during raids, but that's about it. :eek:

Pomaikai
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I remember Wizzy's and Rogue's running them and then comparing parsed DPS in a sort of virtual circle jerk after raids on Live.

nichomachean
02-01-2012, 03:17 PM
I remember Wizzy's and Rogue's running them and then comparing parsed DPS in a sort of virtual circle jerk after raids on Live.

I raided on my rogue and never worried about parsing meters. Mostly we just had our private chat channel where we screwed around while raiding and hit on the one girl rogue who happened to play in Diligence at the time. (Ah Vex'Thal and Planes, how I miss thee.)

Daldaen
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I use GamParse all the time on live. On P99 it's less useful since

A. I'm not a melee so I don't need to compare weapons.
B. We don't have AAs here so the extent of my DPSing is pretty irrelevant as there is minimal variance in it
C. There is no spell casting awareness so I can't see what other people in my group or raid are casting (which is a big pain in the ass by the way)

The extent I personally use it for is chat logging and kill timer tracking.

Drasis
08-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Are any of the current GamParse links legit/safe? I got a phishing and malware warning Ive never seen from my antivirus when I clicked download at the main GamParse site

Xanthias
08-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Never got one of those from using it...

Negativefx83
09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
downloaded this and a bit confused, can anyone give me the quick run down on how to log a parse, and view it in the program? thanks.

Vandy
09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Turn you logs on in game with the
/log
command, you can also change it to default to on in the .ini file in the everquest directory.
Once your logs are on, run GameParse then select File and the Load option you want. Navigate to your eq directory and to the Logs folder and then pick the one with your character name. It will load the logs you have and then tell you DPS on fights and a lot of other useful information. There are also some overlay settings so when you begin a fight it will monitor the DPS in realtime and display it as an overlay on your EQ window.

Ferok
09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Let me be the grammar nitpicker here: it is spelled "parser", not "parcer"

Let me be the semantics nitpicker here: it's called 'spelling' not 'grammar'.

fadetree
09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
lol the ironicalness is strong.