PDA

View Full Version : New Warrior question

kak_vander
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I played eq in 99. I decided i would roll a warrior for my little group coming back. I'm saving up CB belts and selling them for PP. I figure that's the fastest way to get cash in G fay. I figure i'd buy banded first and then move to bronze. But i don't recall any lower level weapons to look for. you can only rock a cracked staff for so long. Any suggestions?

Also do the armors sell for the old school price of 1pp per ac and 2pp per ac?

Trystych
02-01-2012, 01:41 PM
You should be able to find armor for those prices. EC tunnel is the marketplace here, I would imagine you could find some sort of weapon in your price range; perhaps an obsidian shard. Bone chips sell reasonably well for making plat at the early levels, as do spiderling silks.

kak_vander
02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks, i'll make the trip when i have enough saved.

Spiderling silk or Spider silk? Weren't they two different things?

sbvera13
02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Bronze and Banded both usually go for 1pp/ac. You'll probably have trouble finding them though since not many people bother to sell them. I suggest posting in the EC board here asking for a set. Also look for Rhyse in game I can make you a set of banded if you don't find one.

kak_vander
02-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks.. What does a set normally run? So I know when i have enough.

sbvera13
02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I honestly havn't found any buyers, I trained up the skills for my own use and my buddy that brought me here. It's a 91 ac set, but I'll do a discount of 75 or so for a full set. Honestly though, if new here (I'm only 15 myself, I know the feeling of running around with twinks surrounding you at every turn) I'll go lower just to be helpful as long as the material costs are covered. BTW I'll be logging on in the next 10-15mins so keep an eye out.

kak_vander
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Someone told me Taunt doesn't work right.. is that true? Should i roll a pally or sk?

Extunarian
02-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Someone told me Taunt doesn't work right.. is that true? Should i roll a pally or sk?

Taunt works as intended, meaning it probably doesn't work how you remember on live.

Earliest taunt:
Could not taunt creatures above your level. Could not taunt any creature above level 50, even if you were above that level (no longer in effect here)

Current:
Increased effectiveness above level 50. Previously, creatures above level 50 could not be taunted by means of the taunt skill. Now, most creatures below the character's level can now be successfully taunted. As a note, the chance to taunt a creature above 50th level is smaller than that of a creature below 50th.

Next change will be post-velious:
Level 60 players with the taunt skill will now have a chance to taunt creatures that are level 60 to 65. Previously, players could only taunt creatures below their level.

kak_vander
02-02-2012, 09:56 AM
So my friends decided to play "evil" characters so i rerolled an Orge Warrior. Now I realize that armor is very hard to find. Nothing is "large". Do people acutally make LARGE banded?

fischsemmel
02-02-2012, 10:14 AM
So my friends decided to play "evil" characters so i rerolled an Orge Warrior. Now I realize that armor is very hard to find. Nothing is "large". Do people acutally make LARGE banded?

The forums are you friend. Use the search feature on the top of your window, use the advanced options, and search only in the EC tunnel forum section for "banded" or "suit of banded" or "large banded" or what have you. Then PM the people who have posts saying that they make it; that will probably be a better bet than watching for them ingame or sitting in EC auctioning.

kak_vander
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks.

mala
02-02-2012, 01:45 PM
send me a tell in game later today, i have an obsidian shard i will never get around to selling that you can have. on the 1 condition that you give it to a noob when you out grow it.

name: mala

kak_vander
02-02-2012, 02:12 PM
I will be on tonight. Will continue the circulation factor. Thank you so much

formallydickman
02-02-2012, 04:32 PM
If you're on the Freeport side of Antonica I've got some large bronze sitting around you can have. Shoulder, Chest, Helm, Face, Gloves.

I should be on tonight for a few hours, message Blum in-game.

kak_vander
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Wow, Thank guys. I should be home around 6pm est. and be on for a few hours. This community is awesome. My name is Skiders

Knuckle
02-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I played eq in 99. I decided i would roll a warrior for my little group coming back. I'm saving up CB belts and selling them for PP. I figure that's the fastest way to get cash in G fay. I figure i'd buy banded first and then move to bronze. But i don't recall any lower level weapons to look for. you can only rock a cracked staff for so long. Any suggestions?

Also do the armors sell for the old school price of 1pp per ac and 2pp per ac?

you want to make money? when ur group hits about level 13-14 kill the sister camps in lesser faydark, 2-3 bronze weapons every spawn.

mwatt
02-02-2012, 09:11 PM
To answer the question, yes, crafters absolutely do make large banded.

kak_vander
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
I tried to search, but i can't seem to find it. What level does the damage cap get raised? I have a nice 2 hander someone game be, but since i can't do more than 20 damage, its still better to use 1 hander.

falkun
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
DMG Cap:
L1-9: 20
L10-19: 28
L20+: Hard caps off

...at least that's how I remember it.

Phased
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
At level 10 the most damage you can do is 20. Then you can do 28 until level 20.