PDA

View Full Version : Hello p99ers!

TrueLizard
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just got the game installed on my mac and wanted to give a shout out to the community. Starting my main this evening. Figured I'd get a head start on my fellow mac players. My name is Reptoil and I'm an iksar monk. Used to main a rogue but I was always quite envious of monks so I decided I would cross over to the dark side this time around :D.

I have a couple questions for any monk pros out there:

Anyone know how much a set of wu's goes for on the project 1999 sever? Is that what I should be aiming to gear out in off the start?

I'm also curious what weapons young monks usually strive for at this point in the timeline?

Thanks in advance for your help and I hope to be pulling for you soon!

Reptoil

lukus
02-02-2012, 08:13 PM
hey there reptoil im from eqmac what was your char name over there?

SyanideGas
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Heya! Welcome to P99!
Wu's is sold around 400pp usually for a set. Theres some decent starting weapons you can get such as Cane of Harmony etc. Not very expensive but it may be hard for you to get some since you just started off. I have a few pieces of Wu's on my Rogue that i could toss over to you if i can manage my way to Kunark. :P

Humerox
02-02-2012, 08:39 PM
welcome!

mwatt
02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I'd suggest doing the Curscale Armor quests for beginner armor. Save your bone chips and sooner or later you will be able to sell some for 5 to 10p per stack of 20 (usually 5). With the cash you can start buying Wus. Wu's is good intermediate armor, and some pieces may last you a very long while indeed.

However, it is more important to get a good weapon and 2 55HP rings. There are several good weapon choices in the 500p range and a few decent starter weapons for under 100p. Try the EC tunnel auctions. The HP rings are around 250p.

TrueLizard
02-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Excellent suggestion, I started saving up my bone chips already. Since its a bit of a hike to EC I wanted to make sure I had the plat to get some wu's before I made the trek so thanks for the info!

Slave
02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Monks are amazingly fun compared to any rogue in my opinion, enjoy!

wolvesoflegend
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Hey :)

I also just joined. Welcome )