PDA

View Full Version : For all the new players....

Morsakin
02-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I promised Nilbog and Amelinda that I'd repost a different version of the Kunark/Classic spawn log that Nilbog posted a while ago via megaupload. Since that site is now down, that link is obviously no longer operational, and I figured new and old players alike might make use of this information.

http://web.archive.org/web/20021129210131/http://www.geocities.com/ficticiousname9/

Contained within is the majority of the HP / Level ranges for almost every single NPC in the game currently, with the exception of Howling Stones and Veeshan's Peak. Locations of various spawns are also included. (Various rare spawns are also not included for certain zones, though this information would be helpful if anyone could post a log of killing said NPC's) Through my own personal experience, the information seems to be accurate, but if anyone finds otherwise for a particular NPC, let me know, as I keep a running list of this information within a spreadsheet that I can update should I find that any of the information is misleading. This would then be passed over to the appropriate personnel to verify if this was indeed the case at this particular point in EQ's timeline.

Cheers, hope this helps all the solo'ers or groups looking to level up as fast as possible.

Szeth
02-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Damn B... that is pretty awesome.

kak_vander
02-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Fantastic.. Thanks.

Morsakin
02-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Once I hit 60 (97% away hoho) I'll try to put together a list of what I think are the most "efficient" solo and group spots in the game by level range. This will be based on relative mob hp, certain abilities they might possess, the ZEM of the respective zones said npc's inhabit, as well as miscellaneous factors that might contribute to an easier grinding experience, e.g. pathing features and all that fun stuff.

Phased
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Amazing. Thank you!

Muchew
02-03-2012, 04:45 PM
<3 useful posts.

Justinuti
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Once I hit 60 (97% away hoho) I'll try to put together a list of what I think are the most "efficient" solo and group spots in the game by level range. This will be based on relative mob hp, certain abilities they might possess, the ZEM of the respective zones said npc's inhabit, as well as miscellaneous factors that might contribute to an easier grinding experience, e.g. pathing features and all that fun stuff.

This would be nothing short of awesome

falkun
02-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Sadly there isn't any information on Eldrig the Old in that database.

Grozmok
02-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Sick post is sick.

Rorke
02-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Damn useful! Thanks! :)

Morsakin
02-04-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm glad people are finding it useful! I'll get to work on the aforementioned addition in about 85% :)

Galimor
02-04-2012, 05:16 AM
This is a fantastic compilation. I'm using it right now to find a hunting spot for my level 18 Paladin.

nichomachean
02-04-2012, 12:10 PM

Worst fucking camp for the bard epic ever. I think I spent close to 250 hours on live killing PHs and searching for him.

houwser
02-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Hey guys,

I made a sortable excel version from the text file data.

http://www.filedropper.com/eqmobspawns

I couldnt upload the xslx file or zip to the forums so I just googled the first upload site I could find.

phobus
02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Ha! I was just about to post my spreadsheet that I downloaded a while ago from who-knows-where.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2826469/EQSpawns.xls

Galelor
02-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Sticky this please.

Lazortag
02-04-2012, 03:34 PM

You still haven't spawned him? I feel your pain.

noffo
02-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I was looking at Nektulos Forest on that link.

Are there supposed to be five Iron Guardians and Stone Guardians in the zone? I thought I only counted two each in P99. (unless those are path coordinates)

Also, the bixie is showing only one spawn. However there are quite a few in the P99 zone.

Pscottdai
02-04-2012, 04:02 PM
You have to remeber that this is not going to show every mob in the zone's spawn table unless they happen to be up at the time his ShowEQ log saved the data. If he zonned in to get the info and zonned out a moment or two later then any mobs that had been killed and hadn't respawned yet would not be on the table. You may need to move forward or back on the data dates at the top right of the page to find the mobs you are looking for.

Mcbard
02-05-2012, 02:06 AM
You still haven't spawned him? I feel your pain.

I'm kicking myself for not looting what I needed after AEing most of the way to 60 from 56. Now I hear that the AE groups have been nerfed someone too. /sigh

awimer01
02-05-2012, 06:31 PM
/bump. As a new player on the server this his high quality info. Just trying to keep it near the top. I'll be following this guide fairly religiously, so thank you!

Morsakin
02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
You're quite welcome.

Once
02-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Wait.

That information is harvested from ShowEQ. Am I the only one that finds it so freaking ironic that 100% of this thread is so grateful for this information when ShowEQ is against the server policy and a bannable offense and given the opportunity each person in this thread would hang any known ShowEQ user out to dry?

If anything this thread should be deleted for promoting an exploiting program.

Bruno
02-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Wait.

That information is harvested from ShowEQ. Am I the only one that finds it so freaking ironic that 100% of this thread is so grateful for this information when ShowEQ is against the server policy and a bannable offense and given the opportunity each person in this thread would hang any known ShowEQ user out to dry?

Yes, you're the only one. Bye.

acid_reflux
02-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Wait.

That information is harvested from ShowEQ. . .

. . . This thread should be deleted for promoting an exploiting program.

I agree with you. I get the impression that this removes the fascination of discovery and works toward making the player experience more of an autonomous process and dilutes the quality of the game. Blah blah blah.

You do have the option of not using show-e.q. or the information distilled from it.

Morsakin
02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Wait.

Let me clarify again; as already stated in the OP, I cleared the presentation of this information with Nilbog / Amelinda etc. (Nilbog HIMSELF posted a different view of virtually the same information, it was just lost within a large thread and never seen again.)

Edit: Here's the link to his post: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...7&postcount=68

As far as I know, spawn logs such as this were used by the developers of various emulated servers (including this one, to my knowledge) to save the developers some "Grunt work" time that would have been necessary to find these values themselves. If we could find similar information for say, Velious, you could reasonably expect that it would speed up development time. I've been searching for quite some time, but have yet to find it listed anywhere. (If anyone could find this, that would be fantastic!)

I see no harm in creating a beneficial by-product out of a program which has caused so many legitimate players grief over the years, it's a bit ironic :) If anything, this will give such legitimate players a more balanced playing field against the unscrupulous individuals you mentioned, who are using such a program for their own benefit. Sure, this won't tell you when/where mobs will spawn and all that jazz, but it will help individuals/groups level up faster by finding extremely efficient grind spots that they might have overlooked.

Ultimately, I view it as my contribution to "power leveling the server," since we seem to be experiencing quite an influx of new players as of late.

Oh, and 27% away from 60, then to get started on the grind spot spreadsheet. I'm thinking I'll sort it by level ranges obviously, and attempt to put in a few macros or sorting tools that will help you find the information you need asap (e.g. input a level value, or zone value), rather than peruse a huge spreadsheet full of numbers etc.