PDA

View Full Version : Oh man...I thought...dang

bridgetroll
02-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey guys,

I just recently heard about P99 and got instantly excited about going back to the old days. Kithicor forest night runs, Amb. DVinn, EC tunnel trading? YES PLEASE.

I jumped on to my PC and downloaded UF from steam b/c I saw that EQEmu supported it, not knowing that P99 did not (that's my fault, I know :o). After an hour or two of searching forums and looking at the FAQ, I realized only the titanium client would work.

It really was a let down and am wondering if p99 has any plans to expand their list of viable clients? I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if it's even possible, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Also, is it possible to run the titanium client with windows vista? I saw online that the titanium client only supports Windows 98/XP.

Thanks!

Szeth
02-05-2012, 10:11 AM
SF was disabled recently... for certain reasons that were exploitable.

Estu
02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Vista runs Titanium fine.

fischsemmel
02-05-2012, 10:27 AM
It really was a let down and am wondering if p99 has any plans to expand their list of viable clients?

Also, is it possible to run the titanium client with windows vista? I saw online that the titanium client only supports Windows 98/XP.

No, they're not planning to expand the list of clients.

I assume titanium works for this just fine with vista, since I'm using it on 7 and it's fine. I really like using wineq though... I have trouble with crashes when alt-tabbing if I play in a maximized window.

Maytone
02-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Works on Vista, make sure to run as admin

Shrubwise
02-05-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm sure there's a way to find a compatible version somewhere on the internet.

:)

Pomaikai
02-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I think I see some Pirate's in the Bay who are .ORGanizing for a Torrential downpour...

DyersEve
02-05-2012, 05:02 PM
could use a good laugh to ease the tension before the game today, These posts never get old. Lets go pats