PDA

View Full Version : Qeynos is a harsh mistress

ArumTP
02-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Well I am a new player to project99. Started a cleric once again, and correcting any "mistakes" during character creation. I thought I had it all figured out, except for one thing... Qeynos. There is nobody here, I'd venture to say there is nobody west of kithkor around, unless farming ~something~. It makes the game fairly unplayable, as a cleric. Nobody to group with, nobody selling junk to get out of cloth armor. I knew Everquest is difficult, but this is a new level of difficult, like not viable to play unless I am twinked difficult.

Are all the low level zones this barren and unplayable?

Burrito
02-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Just qeynos mainly. Could also be your play hours. Once you progress around level 10 you'll start finding plenty of groups. If need by I can try and arrange a port (freeport more populated) or I could do some pleveling.

Fianna
02-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Try areas around Freeport or Kelethin

SamwiseRed
02-06-2012, 03:59 AM
bro get to 4 or 5 in newb yard then head to black burrow ent and collect gnoll fangs, youll be 12 in about a day (maybe just a few hours if its just you)

Klax
02-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Spotted you out in the hills earlyer tonight, theres usually a number of people running around out there or in BB, id say its rare to be completely empty, though yes much less people than freeport.

Barahir
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
ran through BB a few days ago and there were over ten people there. Not as bad as you are making it sound.

Darian
02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
bro get to 4 or 5 in newb yard then head to black burrow ent and collect gnoll fangs, youll be 12 in about a day (maybe just a few hours if its just you)

This hyah. Qeynos/QHills are much less populated than the other side of the continent (or anywhere else) but it makes up for that by having the fastest way to get from 1-14 anywhere: Blackburrow and Gnoll Fangs. Plus fewer people in BB = fewer times you get trained. If you can find your way over to the Freeport/Commonlands area you'll find a much higher concentration of the playerbase, plus Befallen is a great newbie dungeon for clerics.

Kriven
02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Working a cleric up in Nektulos at the moment, without the undead element it would be a lot harder... I've no experience with QHills or anything but there must be some undead to nuke hard on :P

Burrito
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
ran through BB a few days ago and there were over ten people there. Not as bad as you are making it sound.

Managed to help him out in BB a bit. Got a druid to come port them to the commons. Enjoy the free buffs in tunnels :P

MelxDruid
02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
If you are lonely I would suggest making your way to EC.

maahes
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Qeynos will always be my favorite city in eq. So many memories of mowing the lawn over and over and over again.

Estovia
02-06-2012, 05:51 PM
This depends on what you want to do, really.

Blackburrow was pretty populated when I was in there 13+

Qeynos offers one of the more diverse newbie areas with the newb area, qeynos hills, qeynos catacombs, and Blackburrow all having something to offer.

If you're really hard up, you can run to NK (pretty harmless if you pay attention) and nab a port to BB/Gfay and go start in Crushbone. That place is almost always populated in some way.

Palemoon
02-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I love the Qeynos area

Kika Maslyaka
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
+1 to Qeynos love.
thought I also like Halas/EverFrost - going there, I always feel like I am returning home - my first char was a barbi shaman, but sadly short lived (lev 15)

Raelador
02-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Grouping really isn't a big thing on this server unless you have friends you play with.

gloine36
02-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm a diehard Faydwer supporter. The newbie yards outside of Kaladim are great to get to lvl 5. Then head to Greater Faydark and start offing orcs for the belts. Grouping on Orc Hill is rite of passage for all EQ players. Crushbone offers great group areas as well. Problem with starting in Qeynos is the absence of a wizard spire or druid ring in the western half of the continent. That was a huge error for Classic Eq.