PDA

View Full Version : Server Population

Ikonoclastia
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Whats the population like in comparison to live during Kunark? Would this server be considered low, med or high.

fischsemmel
02-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Low.

I seem to recall, and bear in mind this was over a decade ago now, that Saryrn was one of the lowest population servers and my friends and I joined it for that reason... but we still had over 1000 people on during primetime in the classic-velious era.

Here we are 800ish on any given evening, it seems.

cjdoyle
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I dunno about 800, maybe 800 unique Ips, but as far as i can see 450-600 concurrent users

eqravenprince
02-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Whats the population like in comparison to live during Kunark? Would this server be considered low, med or high.

It is lower thankfully. I enjoy going to a dungeon and having it to myself or my group.

Bruman
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
It is lower thankfully. I enjoy going to a dungeon and having it to myself or my group.

Most people do.

That's why all MMOs these days use instancing :)

Ele
02-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Server population here is nothing like live during Kunark, Velious, and Luclin, where the popular servers had anywhere from 3000-5000 people during prime time and usually not falling below 1000 during off hours.

Guk and SolB were so crowded on some servers that individual spawns were considered camps for a group of 6.

The launch of Kunark on P99 saw populations the first couple of weeks hitting 1000+ during US prime time, that went down to about 500 and is now going back up to about to 700-800 during prime time.

eqravenprince
02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Most people do.

It's just not fun competing for mobs.

Wotsirb401
02-08-2012, 04:53 PM
I can remember around 1500 when Kunark dropped and it slowly dipped to 400 right before epics due to boredom and Red. Epics came out and I saw 732 on last night. Im sure it will spike real hard when Velious drops

Kriven
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
In the meantime there's still a healthy influx of low levels, having a great time in Oasis, FoB and places with others :)

Raelador
02-08-2012, 05:20 PM
People talking about this server ever being in the thousands are delusional. It's lucky if it gets over 650 in peak times.

sbvera13
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Most people do.

I prefer EQ's method after years of the other. It's refreshing to see some chaos and activity in a game world, makes me feel like I live here.

Ele
02-08-2012, 05:28 PM
People talking about this server ever being in the thousands are delusional. It's lucky if it gets over 650 in peak times.

No one ever said that P99 has/had a population of "thousands". The evening of Kunark's release saw a population of about 1100 during US prime time, then went to approximately 800 for several months, then down to the high 400, low 500s before epics dropped. Since epics/EQMac, the population is steadily climbing again and sees 700-800 during US primetime.

Bruman
02-08-2012, 05:31 PM

These days? Yeah. But there were times when it was regularly over a thousand during peak times. Like around Kunark launch. I don't think anyone was saying it happens anymore.

I prefer EQ's method after years of the other. It's refreshing to see some chaos and activity in a game world, makes me feel like I live here.

There's pros and cons to it. The main thing I don't like about instances is the (and this sounds super nerdy, but whatever!) lack of immersion an instance brings. I really like that the world exists, is the same for everyone, and that's it, no special rules.

Pretty much everything else that instances brings I like though.

Kope
02-08-2012, 07:38 PM
It's just not fun competing for mobs.

I dunno about this. I almost wish Red99 had different rules, I would have loved competing for spawns there. The best part of an EQ pvp server (for me) is being able to go to a spawn and take it if you're strong enough, or if your group is strong enough to fight back people trying to take it from you AND do the spawns.

I just didn't understand the whole exp hits on PVP deaths (with classic experience gains) as well as hands off raiding for GMs. The whole hands off GMs thing really was a gamebreaker for me. Reading the forums and seeing how many people wanted to cause as much stress and pain to the opposing player just because they can...yeah...just didn't do it for me :(. I'd love another go at it BECAUSE I love competing for mobs.

Ssleeve
02-08-2012, 07:40 PM
So much more dynamic fighting players and what not, I mean how many times can you slay "a beetle" and not get bored......

Just my 2 cents.

Grozmok
02-08-2012, 07:46 PM
This game NEEDS people to survive.

Go get your friends, neighbors, family members, old guildies from back in the day, whoever.

Just spread the word, that's the important thing.

acid_reflux
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
But leave the shtheads, or direct them to the red server where they can learn the fine art of virtual prison sex.

awimer01
02-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I've actually enjoyed soloing the first 7 levels on my mage. I'm figuring on grouping in CB, but I know the population in there will be low to non-existant. Usually I check the numbers on here before I log in, just to get a rough estimate. I'm mostly on in the afternoons, when the population is around 300-450.

Grozmok
02-08-2012, 08:54 PM
^

I was considering moving one of my characters over there since Befallen is pretty much dead.
Not to mention some fuckhead designer thought it would be a good idea to put a level 12 mob (ice bone skeleton) right at the entrance to the zone, right next to the level 7-8 plague rats.

LOL

Ikonoclastia
02-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Sweet. Im happy with low to mid.

Galaa
02-08-2012, 11:10 PM
This game NEEDS people to survive.

Go get your friends, neighbors, family members, old guildies from back in the day, whoever.

Just spread the word, that's the important thing.

word of mouth isnt enough, maybe it will help if people spread news about P99 in MMORPG and gaming forums.

Im still in touch with some of my guildmembers who used to play with me in Live many years back. NONE of them even heard about P99 (too bad they are committed in other MMORPGs and cant come over).

Aroith
02-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Low level populations seems great to me. Averaging around 15 people in crushbone when I was there. Went to unrest and couldn't find a mob. 25 people were there.

Zenlina
02-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Seem avg to live. On this server as well as live during classic saw 30-50 in Unrest, Lguk, Oasis and so on. This was afew months in p99 beta mode earlier days when they had the global chat still in and manastone were like 20k. Same can be said with Live, during its earlier days similar numbers in those zones but generally dropped off till Kunark was introduced, then you see 40+ in Karnor's/Dreadland/etc.

So the pop here is avg compared to live during there time period, difference is on live they had content released earlier then on p99, so people on here got bored out quicker till something new came along.

On live tho it may seem like there were more people during velious++ cos' everyone started boxing. But during classic and kunark the numbers only range 700-1200 imo.

Maze513
02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
150 people play this game and we all just 3-4 box