PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice.

Ozaze
04-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Ok, so I just started playing here on P99, I've been playing mmos since Everquest first came out back in 1999...of course I was only nine years old at the time and I had no idea wtf I was doing then, so I only played for a short time. But ever since then, hearing about all the great experiences people had playing this game when it was first out, it has bugged me to no end, thinking about all the fun I could have had, and all the friends I could have made. So when I hard about project 99 I jumped at the chance to get back in there and play the game I wish I'd have spent more time on. I've only played a bit of everquest since that first taste, and that was on the Shards of Dalaya server, which while classic in feel, has a completely different lore behind it, and almost all npcs are different in some respect, meaning none of the quests I know of from that emu are present here.

I've currently got a level 5 Wizard started, Erudite, just got him ported to FP and bound there. (I was originally planning on binding in Qeynos where I quested from levels 1-5, but the druid who bound me suggested I go to FP and bind there, so I took his advice.) Now I'm wondering what I should do. I have no idea where to get any quests, or what things there are in the area to group for. Most of my playing on SoD was in the Qeynos area, onto the next 2 zones, but I never travelled much, so I'm at a loss. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. And I'm sorry if this seems rambling, forum posting has never been my strong suit.

Btw, if there are any noob friendly guild that would want someone whose serious about playing then let me know, cause I really would like to find one to join.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Bodeanicus
04-25-2010, 01:22 AM
At level five, go to East Commons and get an Orc group. At level 10, go to Nro (through the tunnel in EC) and get a Derv group. At level 12 or so, go to Oasis and get a croc or Orc group. At 16, go to Guk. By that time, you'll know where to go based on talking to other players. The EQAtlas website has maps of all the zones.

Nedala
04-25-2010, 01:20 PM
I would go to Crushbone and hunt in groups there, farm Crushbone Belts and crushbone shoulderpats you can turn them in at Warrior Guild trainer in Kaladim. Give him 2 or 4 belts at a time and you get some armor and exp. Im not sure about the shoulderpats but you will find much more belts anyway. I leveled from 5-14 in crushbone then i went Unrest and at about lvl 19 to uguk. Id always exp in dungeons because theres an exp mod, and imo its more fun anyway :)

Instead of Crushbone you can also do Blackburrow its a bit harder to find groups there but you can farm Gnoll fangs instead of crushbone belts and turn them in at warrior guild trainer in qeynos. Exp from the Gnoll fangs is better than from CB belts but you get no armor and its easier to find groups in cb.

Virtuosos
04-25-2010, 02:54 PM
id suggest staying in dungeons as well (crushbone being your best bet over in greater faydark across the ocean) once you get to a point where crushbone is horribly slow, pop on over to unrest which is 3 zones away (butcherblock, dagnors cauld, unrest) then to guk whichi s probablly the greatest xp you'll find

or just do what i did and go wherever the groups would let ya lol