PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

CallnOutTheNubs
02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Who else is sick of seeing exploiters/cheaters walk away with only a slap on the wrist?

Ive been here for awhile but all I see is these people constantly doing this but the gms are to scared to acually perma ban them.

Your losing alot more people allowing these people to get away with it then you would by perma banning them.

Please post your thoughts on this constant problem.

Amelinda
02-12-2012, 05:28 PM
GM decisions aren't up for debate. you can be frustrated and i get that. but i promise you - people are not walking away with slaps on the wrist.

Harrison
02-12-2012, 07:30 PM
A suspension for breaking a rule that has existed in online gaming for 20 years is a slap on the wrist.

You don't accidentally cheat on an online game repeatedly. They know what they're doing. Anything less than a permanent ban is insulting to those who play legitimately.

Flunklesnarkin
02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I'd like to see harsher penalties for trains lol

people do it like nobodies business because gm don't do anything about it

I might have to level up a monk just to get internet justice.

Estrang
02-13-2012, 04:26 AM
maybe if you contact michael j fox and travel back to 2010 someone will give a shit

Flunklesnarkin
02-13-2012, 04:41 AM
maybe if you contact michael j fox and travel back to 2010 someone will give a shit

http://i44.tinypic.com/kb7fr8.jpg

bman8810
02-13-2012, 05:18 AM
It's a slippery slope and the GMs are going to always be frowned upon one way or another. However, keep in mind what large numbers of bannings can do; i.e. look at Shards of Dalaya, it has never recovered after the one large ban session.

Just a thought.

Flunklesnarkin
02-13-2012, 05:24 AM
It's a slippery slope and the GMs are going to always be frowned upon one way or another. However, keep in mind what large numbers of bannings can do; i.e. look at Shards of Dalaya, it has never recovered after the one large ban session.

Just a thought.

there are more tools in a gm's arsenal than just ban's

they could suspend temporarily ranging from hours to weeks or just port to homepoint for being a douche depending on severity of lameness.

DoucLangur
02-13-2012, 06:55 AM
You don't accidentally cheat on an online game repeatedly. They know what they're doing. Anything less than a permanent ban is insulting to those who play legitimately.

fischsemmel
02-13-2012, 09:31 AM
I think a public humiliation is more entertaining than some stupid suspension or ban. Plus if you humiliate enough, they will take a break or quit anyways.

Someone exploiting a wall or some shit to kill stuff without being in danger? Teleport them to EC tunnel, root them in place, broadcast "So-and-so is a sploiter, and as punishment all of his gear is for sale at tunnel ent! /tell Amelinda with offers!" And then just sell the dude's BotBDE for 100pp to some level 30 warrior wearing banded and using a PGT who walks up to inspect and see what gear is for sale.

Or randomly clean out the exploiter's bank and distribute it to the masses, while leaving behind a little GM-note item that says "Stop being a fuckup."

Or forcibly rebind some pot-room-bound high-elf cleric exploiter in third gate right at the cleric GM and then "justicetouch" him. "Amelinda says, 'Exploiter!'"

Or banish some exploiting warrior to a hidden hell room of no escape full of rats that drop hundreds of PP and manastones and guises and shit, but never let the guy leave that room with all of his loot.

Fun stuff like that!

Motec
02-13-2012, 10:07 AM
tall poppy syndrome going on there.

jballe3
02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
I think a public humiliation is more entertaining than some stupid suspension or ban. Plus if you humiliate enough, they will take a break or quit anyways.

Someone exploiting a wall or some shit to kill stuff without being in danger? Teleport them to EC tunnel, root them in place, broadcast "So-and-so is a sploiter, and as punishment all of his gear is for sale at tunnel ent! /tell Amelinda with offers!" And then just sell the dude's BotBDE for 100pp to some level 30 warrior wearing banded and using a PGT who walks up to inspect and see what gear is for sale.

Or randomly clean out the exploiter's bank and distribute it to the masses, while leaving behind a little GM-note item that says "Stop being a fuckup."

Or forcibly rebind some pot-room-bound high-elf cleric exploiter in third gate right at the cleric GM and then "justicetouch" him. "Amelinda says, 'Exploiter!'"

Or banish some exploiting warrior to a hidden hell room of no escape full of rats that drop hundreds of PP and manastones and guises and shit, but never let the guy leave that room with all of his loot.

Fun stuff like that!

this

i especially like the whole banish the warrior to the hidden room

Jadian
02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah cause no warriors have gate pots.