PDA

View Full Version : Large Shadow Knight armor/Weapon path ?

CronosZ
04-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Im playing a Troll SK lvl 17. and i have nearly a full set of Large Bronze. I have been trying to buy Fine Steel armor as a slight upgrade. I use a Fine Steel 2 hander.

So my question is (2) fold.

#1: What is the upgrade path for a non twink main for armor/Weapon ?

#2: where should i go for groups to optimize looted upgrades, vs bought ?

Omnimorph
04-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Troll SK, well if you're making some money you could buy FP like you said, or you could just level faster and do some of the dark forge quests (i'd recommend this) DF armour will hold you over probably till planar gear.

CronosZ
04-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Troll SK, well if you're making some money you could buy FP like you said, or you could just level faster and do some of the dark forge quests (i'd recommend this) DF armour will hold you over probably till planar gear.

thanks ill do both. grab some FS, and then ill have to lookup the dark forge quests.

any ideas as far as weapon upgrade paths ?

Pheer
04-25-2010, 08:14 PM
you could start saving for a dark reaver, that should last you until you can get ahold of a mith 2h

Slugs
04-25-2010, 08:32 PM
A Dark Reaver is a solid weapon and relatively cheap. You could have the cash to afford it by lvl 30 easy. Save for a mithril 2hander by the time you're into your upper 40s, or by then just camp one with a group.

Toss Slugs on friends list and keep me updated on your gear. I can hook up on Large Bronze and random jewelry as it drops.

Dac321
04-25-2010, 08:45 PM
I currently use a mix of bronze and shin at level 20. Shin Armor which is dropped in Upper Guk is decent armor. Although I am not sure if it can fit larger races.

Elissa
04-26-2010, 12:07 AM
FS weapon is pretty lackluster post teens and non-magic. Until you can afford a dark reaver, look for a Shiny Brass Halberd or a Blackened Iron Bastard Sword.

vinx
04-26-2010, 12:51 AM
level 17, id recommend getting 20 and grouping in sola.

get yourself charred BP/boots/gaunts and obsidian flamberge (2hs) for free if your short on funds, plus sola has a few drops for other classes in there to keep a group happy.

Brut
04-26-2010, 07:08 AM
Bone-Bladed Axe/Claymore should be a cheap pick as first magical weapon. I wouldn't sniff my nose at a set large banded in order to properly equip yourself, then move on to buy individual stuff like Dark Mail Gauntlets and SSB and so forth.

Soon as you can, make a new home at CT. Drag all groups there. =X

Omnimorph
04-26-2010, 07:16 AM
CT sucks though :p

The best way to get gear is to level up as fast as possible. Weapon is probably a big concern for SK's so yeah, i'd probably try and buy a magic 2 hander for 100-200p. Then move on to a dark reaver at about level 25-35 (about 800-1k price i think)

Jewellery, probably go for plat fire opal rings, can get a pair for 500-550p gives an extra 110hp.

Brut
04-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Pfft, I loved CT, spent there 45-50 or so when Rubi was still in, exp was mad. Only worthy issues would be that...
A) 50% the mobs are clerics, making soloing there an endurance test of wether you can keep hammering on the damn lizard until it's finally oom or you get lucky with an interrupt
B) aggro/pathing can be loopy, but it's nothing you wouldn't run in lguk (all the rumors I heard about stuff aggroing straight through ceilings, floors and walls were way worse than the reality in CT). ><

Maybe I just love the Indiana Jones feel of the place.

I think Bone-Bladeds go for 25-50p. Gigantic Zweihander would be the next step, some 300ish I believe, before you'd gun for a Dark Reaver.

CronosZ
04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks Everyone for the info, and sugestions. I have a lot better idea of where to go and gear to get to be effective along the way. Dont be supprised if you see a few WTB post from me in EC